Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

Started by chilon09
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hey when do yall think is ideal to send in the deposit check i don't want to wait till its too late at the same time i still have hope to get into DCOM... and does anybody have any tips of good housing . 🙂🙂🙂
 
I haven't been accepted but I was wondering the same about housing. I know they have on campus housing, but I was wondering whether the majority of the masters students lived on or off campus
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone,
I was recently accepted into the program and I am very excited to begin! Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those who are applying!

A few questions:
-is there a Facebook group for the accepted class?
-What are you all planning in terms of housing? (on campus vs off campus) --> I prefer to be in a 2 bed/2 bath with common kitchen/living room area if available ON or OFF campus
-For those already in the program, can you elaborate on your experience on the program and approximately what percent of the master's students successfully matriculate to LMU-DCOM?

Thanks in advance!
 
hey everyone,
I was recently accepted into the program and I am very excited to begin! Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those who are applying!

A few questions:
-is there a Facebook group for the accepted class?
-What are you all planning in terms of housing? (on campus vs off campus) --> I prefer to be in a 2 bed/2 bath with common kitchen/living room area if available ON or OFF campus
-For those already in the program, can you elaborate on your experience on the program and approximately what percent of the master's students successfully matriculate to LMU-DCOM?

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if there was a Facebook pages yet either. Perhaps I'll start one, so pm me if you'd like.

I was debating the housing; thinking the apartments would be less of a hassle to just jump in and start.

I spoke with the med school admissions this morning and was told between 93-98% acceptance from the ms program.

Congrats on the acceptance!
 
@docemmettbrown dont worry about your interview u'll do great. just have clear and concise answers. know the answer to these questions " how do u think this program would help you?", "what would make you a promising medical students?" .and "what characteristics do you have now that you didnt have as a premed that would help you further your ambition?"
As for housing i decided to go for lee and mars , i couldnt do the one room studio and the 2 room was too expensive . living off campus was out of the question becuase i dont know anybody in TN and i dont want to risk living in a dump or with wierdoz :wacky:
 
Well I finished my interview a little while ago and feel really indifferent about it. Was asked one question similar to those previously asked. At the end he said everything looked gold and I would be hearing from Holly shortly.... :s
 
Well I finished my interview a little while ago and feel really indifferent about it. Was asked one question similar to those previously asked. At the end he said everything looked gold and I would be hearing from Holly shortly.... :s
Had mine as well today. Literally had the same experience as you. At the end he said "everything is okay on our end and expect to hear from Holly shortly." Overall, I think it went pretty good.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys, im new on here and was recently accepted to the masters. Great to see this thread going. I was wondering if anyone knew how many students are accepted each year in this masters? Also I applied for the anatomical sciences masters, anyone else...?
 
hey guys, im new on here and was recently accepted to the masters. Great to see this thread going. I was wondering if anyone knew how many students are accepted each year in this masters? Also I applied for the anatomical sciences masters, anyone else...?
When were you interviewed? Heresay is they accept ~80 students
 
hey guys, im new on here and was recently accepted to the masters. Great to see this thread going. I was wondering if anyone knew how many students are accepted each year in this masters? Also I applied for the anatomical sciences masters, anyone else...?
From my understanding Biomedical professions has about 80 students and anatomical is nearly a 1/3 of that.
 
i was interviewed about 10 days ago, i emailed Holly wondering whats going on, and she replied saying I have been accepted..and that something should be coming in the mail soon and that shes surprised it did not already. Oh wow thats a decent amount of students, great to hear the matriculation rate is so high the following year in the medical school, and I hope that rate is still just as high this upcoming year as well!
 
I don't think they have that many people in the bp program. It was my understanding from talking with holly that the WHOLE Masters class has about 80 people, but this is spread across the biomedical professions, anatomical sciences, vet, and the others. Bp and anatomy would prob be comprised of the biggest groups but I can't imagine that with a matriculation into the med school near 95% that 80 slots are going to masters students each year. That's like the whole med school class...

Congrats on those new folks to be accepted. Be sure to join our Facebook group. Scroll up the page for the link!
 
I'm sure you will do fine. Some additional questions from the ones posted early include what are two things you would change about you and name a time you made a mistake and hot you corrected it!
 
I don't think they have that many people in the bp program. It was my understanding from talking with holly that the WHOLE Masters class has about 80 people, but this is spread across the biomedical professions, anatomical sciences, vet, and the others. Bp and anatomy would prob be comprised of the biggest groups but I can't imagine that with a matriculation into the med school near 95% that 80 slots are going to masters students each year. That's like the whole med school class...

Congrats on those new folks to be accepted. Be sure to join our Facebook group. Scroll up the page for the link!
Hey I completely agree with you, which is why I was scared at first. I was thinking if there's that many students in the masters program, will everyone be offered a seat!!? But it makes sense that the masters class would be on the smaller end...or at least I hope. I really don't know!
 
Hey guys I have a question I was concerned about. Although I've been accepted into the program, anyone know if we would need to retake the MCAT? My score is low, not much of a standardized test taker. Or does being accepted in the program mean we don't need to retake? I understand we must do well in the program, but wasn't sure about the MCAT.
Thanks
 
Just had it! It went pretty well, they said to be hearing from Holly in a few days. Hope that's good news lol
I am sure you did great! I interviewed on a Wednesday and received the acceptance on Saturday, however, I do live just a few hours away. Be sure to join the Facebook group if you get accepted!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After talking with mrs Martin at dcom she said they will look more heavily at grades in the ms program than the mcat. However, if mcat is really low then consider a retake. Although it isn't necessary, it always helps to get the score up. Good luck to all those waiting to hear back. Join the Facebook group if you get accepted!
 
Hey, everyone! I recently found out that I've been accepted to this program and couldn't be more excited. To those who are feeling worried about the interview, I suggest just do your best and don't sweat it. I honestly felt like my interview went terrible (I was incredibly nervous for some reason and definitely rambled a few times) but still got accepted, so don't panic if you feel the same way.

I'm also wondering, if anyone has an idea, what MCAT score warrants considering a retake. I have a 24 now and I'm deciding if I should spend the next several months studying for a higher score to improve my chances of getting accepted to DCOM. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the input thus far, and good luck to everyone!
 
Last edited:
If those who have been accepted/interviewed can post their stats please!

Also is it too late to apply considering many people are being interviewed and being accepted into the program? I am just waiting for my mcat score to come out before I send out the final application.

Thanks!
 
Hey guys! I am new to here and just got a phone call saying I have an interview on Wednesday! I am very excited! Besides the questions posted, does anyone have any advice? It is a phone interview too since I am out of state. Any advice would be amazing!!
 
All of the questions that I was asked were mentioned on the last few pages of this thread, just worded slightly different. They also told me that I would be hearing from Holly shortly and I was accepted, so maybe there's something to that, but I wouldn't think so. It seems like they let everyone know fairly quickly if they are accepted or not. Do all applicants get an interview?
 
Last edited:
Hey guys! I am new to here and just got a phone call saying I have an interview on Wednesday! I am very excited! Besides the questions posted, does anyone have any advice? It is a phone interview too since I am out of state. Any advice would be amazing!!

Just do your best and don't sweat it! Like I mentioned before, my interview was pretty shaky, but I guess the rest of my file was good enough to overshadow that. They expect people to be nervous. Just be able to answer the questions that were mentioned here, and make sure that you're in a quiet, comfortable place for the call. You'll be fine!
 
Just had my interview! Fingers crossed! They asked me the same questions previously posted along with qualities that a physician possess and if selected to attend a DO school which one would I choose. They did say "you will be hearing from Holly shortly" so hopefully that is a good sign!
 
I don't think they have that many people in the bp program. It was my understanding from talking with holly that the WHOLE Masters class has about 80 people, but this is spread across the biomedical professions, anatomical sciences, vet, and the others. Bp and anatomy would prob be comprised of the biggest groups but I can't imagine that with a matriculation into the med school near 95% that 80 slots are going to masters students each year. That's like the whole med school class...

Congrats on those new folks to be accepted. Be sure to join our Facebook group. Scroll up the page for the link!

LMU-DCOM accepts about 200+ students each year so admitting the entire MSc Biomed and Anatomical tracks wouldn't be far-fetched.
 
I'm currently in the masters program and have been accepted to DCOM for the class of 2019. Feel free to ask any questions! Some tips for the incoming masters class:

-I would say to focus 100% of your efforts on your GPA in the masters program, especially in MGA. But don't blow off your other classes, a C in anything is a danger zone.
-If you want to retake the MCAT, do it before you start here because it can be stressful to have to study for classes here and take the MCAT, some students did it during the winter break, but that only gives about a month time to study. If you feel you need specific advice on retaking or not, I would email or call Janette Martin (She is the nicest person ever) and ask her if she thinks you need to, but generally I think a 24 MCAT is okay.
-They tell you at the beginning of the year that they have seats for every single masters student, you just have to prove to them why you deserve that seat (Don't give them any reason to doubt you this semester). You are not competing against other masters students, everyone is really friendly and helpful.
-Biomedical seems to be a more difficult major (especially spring semester), but it prepares you better for your 1st year med school classes. Anatomical sciences is the major I chose because I was interested in developing a strong foundation in anatomy, and I think it really helped.
-There were about 90 masters students total in our class, I would say around 25ish are anatomical and the rest are biomedical. There were like 70 students the year before us, so I'm interested in seeing how many there will be this class.

This is the best masters program directed at getting you in to medical school. You guys chose the right school, just be ready to kill all your classes come August!

Goodluck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I applied to LMU-DCOM and haven't heard anything yet. This might be a stupid question, but do my transcripts and letters of recommendations have to be sent again to the Masters program office or will they be able to get my supplemental material from the osteopathic college?