You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac
Started by chilon09
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey guys, is the interview going to be held on campus? I am an out of state student so that's why I'm asking 🙂
Howdy, current anatomical science student here.
Last year they did interviews via the phone.
If anyone has any questions ask here, I'll try to monitor and get back when I can. Also you can private message me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's usually a phone interview.
Hey guys, is the interview going to be held on campus? I am an out of state student so that's why I'm asking 🙂
Do you mind sharing your stats?
I was accepted to the AS track, will be attending.
Do you mind sharing your stats?
Not at all.
3.4 cGPA
3.1 sGPA (non-science major)
496 MCAT - retaking May-ish.
Not at all.
3.4 cGPA
3.1 sGPA (non-science major)
496 MCAT - retaking May-ish.
Why the retake if you got accepted? Congrats, btw.
Also, will May be late for this program? I'll be forwarding my DO to the Bms program next week but take the mcat in April.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Why the retake if you got accepted? Congrats, btw.
Also, will May be late for this program? I'll be forwarding my DO to the Bms program next week but take the mcat in April.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I would check with Holly Napier, but I think you can apply now without your MCAT score back and it ought to be fine.
As far as applying in May specifically, I know that I applied last year in April and interviewed in May so it ought to be alright if you apply then.
But as always if in doubt contact Holly! She is amazing about answering emails and helping out when she can!!
Why the retake if you got accepted? Congrats, btw.
Also, will May be late for this program? I'll be forwarding my DO to the Bms program next week but take the mcat in April.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you for your congratulations. And I think a 496 is a little low, even if I strive for a great graduate GPA?
Thank you for your congratulations. And I think a 496 is a little low, even if I strive for a great graduate GPA?
I guess it's a case by basis because once you're accepted into their MS program, you will get an interview after the 3.0. But, being accepted into the DO program is another ball game. Hopefully, with 3.5+ in the MS program, it's easier to get into the DO school.
If you're planning to apply to their DO program, then may I ask why you chose the AS and not the Biomedical sciences one?
Last edited:
I would check with Holly Napier, but I think you can apply now without your MCAT score back and it ought to be fine.
As far as applying in May specifically, I know that I applied last year in April and interviewed in May so it ought to be alright if you apply then.
But as always if in doubt contact Holly! She is amazing about answering emails and helping out when she can!!![]()
Thanks. I will be contacting her this week, hopefully. Just waiting to hear back from the DO program.
If you're planning to apply to their DO program, then may I ask why you chose the AS and not the Biomedical sciences one?[/QUOTE]
I'd be interested to know the answer to this also. Plan to apply DO, so which is better the AS or the Biomedical?
I'd be interested to know the answer to this also. Plan to apply DO, so which is better the AS or the Biomedical?
If you're planning to apply to their DO program, then may I ask why you chose the AS and not the Biomedical sciences one?
I'd be interested to know the answer to this also. Plan to apply DO, so which is better the AS or the Biomedical?[/QUOTE]
Yes of course. So my number one reason to choose the AS track over the BP track was that in order for me to graduate from the BP track, I would have to take extra courses to fulfill discrepancies, which in turn would delay my graduation from the MS program. I really was not about that.
Secondly, although I am not even in medical school yet, I have a big interest in anatomy since I have always worked as a scribe for someone in surgery.
Thirdly, I think that med school is very focused on biochemical processes, and physio and everything "micro" about the body. The only class that is really dedicated to the structural body happens first year in MGA (medical gross anatomy). As future osteopathic physicians, I think personally for me, it would be cool to have a degree that focuses only on the structural body to supplement the giant physio and biochemical information gulp that is most of 1st and 2nd year.
Fourthly, from subjective research, and take this w a grain of sand, I've read in other posts and maybe even this huge thread that people in the AS track spend more time w/ the med school faculty, and that the class size is smaller which in turn makes it easier to interact w the faculty.
That's about it..I hope it helped.
If you're planning to apply to their DO program, then may I ask why you chose the AS and not the Biomedical sciences one?
I'd be interested to know the answer to this also. Plan to apply DO, so which is better the AS or the Biomedical?[/QUOTE]
In the biomedical program, you get to take other basic science courses such as anat, biochem, cell bio, etc, so I believe it will prepare you better for the first year of meds school!
I interviewed 2/21 and received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday for Anatomical Sciences!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?
I interviewed 2/21 and received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday for Anatomical Sciences!
Thanks! Sure. Im a non traditional student. Both of my GPAs are lower because of early coursework when I was younger. My actual GPA for my most recent coursework showed a consistent improvement at about 3.8ish.Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?
BS in Biochemistry
cGPA 3.63
sGPA 3.62
MCAT 23 , MCAT 495
GRE 313
Thanks for sharing! I don't think those are in any way 'low' GPA's. 😀
Thanks! Sure. Im a non traditional student. Both of my GPAs are lower because of early coursework when I was younger. My actual GPA for my most recent coursework showed a consistent improvement at about 3.8ish.
BS in Biochemistry
cGPA 3.63
sGPA 3.62
MCAT 23 , MCAT 495
GRE 313
I'd be interested to know the answer to this also. Plan to apply DO, so which is better the AS or the Biomedical?
In the biomedical program, you get to take other basic science courses such as anat, biochem, cell bio, etc, so I believe it will prepare you better for the first year of meds school![/QUOTE]
Yes exactly. The BP program is equally amazing in its' on way. It's just preference of the applicants, and how that program will benefit him/her.
When I inquired about the program, Holly said that students needed to have a 500 on the MCAT. Is this true?
I'd be interested to know the answer to this also. Plan to apply DO, so which is better the AS or the Biomedical?
Yes of course. So my number one reason to choose the AS track over the BP track was that in order for me to graduate from the BP track, I would have to take extra courses to fulfill discrepancies, which in turn would delay my graduation from the MS program. I really was not about that.
Secondly, although I am not even in medical school yet, I have a big interest in anatomy since I have always worked as a scribe for someone in surgery.
Thirdly, I think that med school is very focused on biochemical processes, and physio and everything "micro" about the body. The only class that is really dedicated to the structural body happens first year in MGA (medical gross anatomy). As future osteopathic physicians, I think personally for me, it would be cool to have a degree that focuses only on the structural body to supplement the giant physio and biochemical information gulp that is most of 1st and 2nd year.
Fourthly, from subjective research, and take this w a grain of sand, I've read in other posts and maybe even this huge thread that people in the AS track spend more time w/ the med school faculty, and that the class size is smaller which in turn makes it easier to interact w the faculty.
That's about it..I hope it helped.[/QUOTE]
I am a current student in the Masters BP program. I would highly recommend you take the Anatomical track if it is an option. Although the first semester is relatively the same for both tracks the BP spring semester is immensely more difficult than the AS track. As was stated above, the BP program focuses more on hard science classes where as the AS program is geared toward TEACHING anatomy. The point of this graduate program (BP or AS) is to get you accepted into medical school and/or health care professionals school, always keep that in mind, thus an easier track equates to a stronger GPA.
With the above being said, the BP track is much more difficult and will prepare you better for first year. But Its really a high risk, high reward situation. I've seen a few kids fail out of the program or not return due to doing poorly in classes like MGA, Advance Cell bio & Molecular genetics, etc.
As far as your fourth point, its true they do have an advantage in this department, but it is not as significant as you might be lead to believe (it is really only like 2 or 3 professors i believe). As a BP student i have not had problems spending time with DCOM faculty. A little planning and initiative goes a long way here. Faculty are very welcoming and you can walk into their office hours at anytime or set-up a meeting.
Long story short, go MSAS if you can and get a 3.5+ in the program. If you can't do MSAS, do the MSBP and you'll be fine just prepare to do a little more work.
If you have more questions let me know. Also, i've been accepted to DCOM 2021 if you were wondering.
When I inquired about the program, Holly said that students needed to have a 500 on the MCAT. Is this true?
The higher the MCAT the better. That holds true for every situation. I personally had below a 25 on the old scale. I know others who had below 25/500, If you want to be safe definitely have above a 500 but by all means that doesn't mean acceptance is impossible if you dont have that, remember once you get here your file is very much a holistically reviewed. And remember "PEOPLE THIS PROGRAM IS LIKE A ONE YEAR INTERVIEW FOR DCOM!!!" Keep this in mind.
The higher the MCAT the better. That holds true for every situation. I personally had below a 25 on the old scale. I know others who had below 25/500, If you want to be safe definitely have above a 500 but by all means that doesn't mean acceptance is impossible if you dont have that, remember once you get here your file is very much a holistically reviewed. And remember "PEOPLE THIS PROGRAM IS LIKE A ONE YEAR INTERVIEW FOR DCOM!!!" Keep this in mind.
Thanks for your time and congrats for the acceptance. What is the GPA requirement from the MS program to be accepted into the DO school?
For example, does a 3.0 guarantees an interview but a 3.5+ will get an acceptance? Do you know if anyone had to re-take the MCAT after their acceptance into the MS program?
Thank you!
Thanks for your time and congrats for the acceptance. What is the GPA requirement from the MS program to be accepted into the DO school?
For example, does a 3.0 guarantees an interview but a 3.5+ will get an acceptance? Do you know if anyone had to re-take the MCAT after their acceptance into the MS program?
Thank you!
Thanks! So yes, a 3.0+ in the fall is required to get an interview in the spring. I personally had a GPA between 3.0-3.5. I know some who had to retake the mcat and that was all that was needed. I know some that had 3.5+ gpa and got waitlisted it really depends on the entirety of your file. They want to see smart, well rounded applicants that are hardworking and great to be around.
What is your MCAT? Do they put more emphasis on that or on your GPA? Also, since the AS is perceived by students as easier than the Biomedical, does that mean you have a better chance of acceptance into the DO program if you do the harder track?Thanks! So yes, a 3.0+ in the fall is required to get an interview in the spring. I personally had a GPA between 3.0-3.5. I know some who had to retake the mcat and that was all that was needed. I know some that had 3.5+ gpa and got waitlisted it really depends on the entirety of your file. They want to see smart, well rounded applicants that are hardworking and great to be around.
What is your MCAT? Do they put more emphasis on that or on your GPA? Also, since the AS is perceived by students as easier than the Biomedical, does that mean you have a better chance of acceptance into the DO program if you do the harder track?
My mcat was below a 25 on the old scale. But I'm nontrad and have some experience which helps. But really doing well in the program looks good. MSAS not perceived easier.. it is easier 🙂, but no, just because the classes are harder doesn't mean you should do it for that reason. Trust me, I did it for that reason so I could "impress" the adcom and I regret that decision. I could be an MSAS right now with my acceptance chilling for the rest of the semester but nope, I just had to do the the harder program. Smh.
My mcat was below a 25 on the old scale. But I'm nontrad and have some experience which helps. But really doing well in the program looks good. MSAS not perceived easier.. it is easier 🙂, but no, just because the classes are harder doesn't mean you should do it for that reason. Trust me, I did it for that reason so I could "impress" the adcom and I regret that decision. I could be an MSAS right now with my acceptance chilling for the rest of the semester but nope, I just had to do the the harder program. Smh.
But you made it into the DO school so it worked out fine 🙂
And I guess if you got a B or better in any of the basic sci classes then you won't have to repeat them in OMS1?
Would you know from your class, how many will make it to the DO program? And if May will be too late for this program? I have already applied but will not have a mcat score till May.
Thank you!
I don't like this, this sounds far from a gaurentee/backdoor into medical school.
I have yet to see a "backdoor" into medical school. No matter the route, you should expect to be putting in the hours and hard work. This is a master's program first that just happens to also guarantee an interview if you can keep the grades. I'm excited for the opportunity.
I don't like this, this sounds far from a gaurentee/backdoor into medical school.
Congrats! And thank you for sharing all your insight!
Do you know how many of your classmates have been accepted as well or a percentage?
I am a current student in the Masters BP program. I would highly recommend you take the Anatomical track if it is an option. Although the first semester is relatively the same for both tracks the BP spring semester is immensely more difficult than the AS track. As was stated above, the BP program focuses more on hard science classes where as the AS program is geared toward TEACHING anatomy. The point of this graduate program (BP or AS) is to get you accepted into medical school and/or health care professionals school, always keep that in mind, thus an easier track equates to a stronger GPA.
With the above being said, the BP track is much more difficult and will prepare you better for first year. But Its really a high risk, high reward situation. I've seen a few kids fail out of the program or not return due to doing poorly in classes like MGA, Advance Cell bio & Molecular genetics, etc.
As far as your fourth point, its true they do have an advantage in this department, but it is not as significant as you might be lead to believe (it is really only like 2 or 3 professors i believe). As a BP student i have not had problems spending time with DCOM faculty. A little planning and initiative goes a long way here. Faculty are very welcoming and you can walk into their office hours at anytime or set-up a meeting.
Long story short, go MSAS if you can and get a 3.5+ in the program. If you can't do MSAS, do the MSBP and you'll be fine just prepare to do a little more work.
If you have more questions let me know. Also, i've been accepted to DCOM 2021 if you were wondering.[/QUOTE]
Do you know how many of your classmates have been accepted as well or a percentage?
Yes of course. So my number one reason to choose the AS track over the BP track was that in order for me to graduate from the BP track, I would have to take extra courses to fulfill discrepancies, which in turn would delay my graduation from the MS program. I really was not about that.
Secondly, although I am not even in medical school yet, I have a big interest in anatomy since I have always worked as a scribe for someone in surgery.
Thirdly, I think that med school is very focused on biochemical processes, and physio and everything "micro" about the body. The only class that is really dedicated to the structural body happens first year in MGA (medical gross anatomy). As future osteopathic physicians, I think personally for me, it would be cool to have a degree that focuses only on the structural body to supplement the giant physio and biochemical information gulp that is most of 1st and 2nd year.
Fourthly, from subjective research, and take this w a grain of sand, I've read in other posts and maybe even this huge thread that people in the AS track spend more time w/ the med school faculty, and that the class size is smaller which in turn makes it easier to interact w the faculty.
That's about it..I hope it helped.
I am a current student in the Masters BP program. I would highly recommend you take the Anatomical track if it is an option. Although the first semester is relatively the same for both tracks the BP spring semester is immensely more difficult than the AS track. As was stated above, the BP program focuses more on hard science classes where as the AS program is geared toward TEACHING anatomy. The point of this graduate program (BP or AS) is to get you accepted into medical school and/or health care professionals school, always keep that in mind, thus an easier track equates to a stronger GPA.
With the above being said, the BP track is much more difficult and will prepare you better for first year. But Its really a high risk, high reward situation. I've seen a few kids fail out of the program or not return due to doing poorly in classes like MGA, Advance Cell bio & Molecular genetics, etc.
As far as your fourth point, its true they do have an advantage in this department, but it is not as significant as you might be lead to believe (it is really only like 2 or 3 professors i believe). As a BP student i have not had problems spending time with DCOM faculty. A little planning and initiative goes a long way here. Faculty are very welcoming and you can walk into their office hours at anytime or set-up a meeting.
Long story short, go MSAS if you can and get a 3.5+ in the program. If you can't do MSAS, do the MSBP and you'll be fine just prepare to do a little more work.
If you have more questions let me know. Also, i've been accepted to DCOM 2021 if you were wondering.[/QUOTE]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have yet to see a "backdoor" into medical school. No matter the route, you should expect to be putting in the hours and hard work. This is a master's program first that just happens to also guarantee an interview if you can keep the grades. I'm excited for the opportunity.
LECOM. If you get a 3.0 in the program, you are "gaurenteed" into the next years class, barring any sort of criminal problem (usually related to R-OH)
I don't like this, this sounds far from a gaurentee/backdoor into medical school.
I never said this was a backdoor or a guarantee. As @surgeryDO said you can expect to put in a lot of hours and work extremely hard. I had a very very very low undergrad gpa <3.1. So I came here and worked my ass of like never before, i'm talking 5-10 hour study session everyday, finding out how i learn best, what works and whats efficient. I used this program as a proving ground on how to be a top student and i'm still learning. But the most important thing that this program did for me was show me that as long as i stay disciplined and organized i'm capable of doing well in med school.
But you made it into the DO school so it worked out fine 🙂
And I guess if you got a B or better in any of the basic sci classes then you won't have to repeat them in OMS1?
Would you know from your class, how many will make it to the DO program? And if May will be too late for this program? I have already applied but will not have a mcat score till May.
Thank you!
Very true, i'm not complaining lol. We won't find out the numbers until orientation. But historically it's been b/w 85-95% of those that got an interview. I think the OMS1 class (245 students) has about a 1/3rd of their class from the MSAS/BP program.
"PEOPLE THIS PROGRAM IS LIKE A ONE YEAR INTERVIEW FOR DCOM" --> This is priceless advice!
Are there clubs/student activities to get involved with for the master's students?
Are there clubs/student activities to get involved with for the master's students?
The higher the MCAT the better. That holds true for every situation. I personally had below a 25 on the old scale. I know others who had below 25/500, If you want to be safe definitely have above a 500 but by all means that doesn't mean acceptance is impossible if you dont have that, remember once you get here your file is very much a holistically reviewed. And remember "PEOPLE THIS PROGRAM IS LIKE A ONE YEAR INTERVIEW FOR DCOM!!!" Keep this in mind.
D
deleted244469
Do you all recommend the Medical Science path or the Anatomical Sciences path? Does it really matter? I sent an email and was told that we can only apply to one....
I think it's whatever you prefer, take a look at the curriculum for each. The anatomical program is more competitive to get into, but I believe if you apply for it and do not get in that they will allow you to be considered for the biomed program. You might want to email Holly to double-check.
Do you all recommend the Medical Science path or the Anatomical Sciences path? Does it really matter? I sent an email and was told that we can only apply to one....
It seems like you would be with your MCAT score, but I can't say for certain.
I would prefer the AS track honestly.
My stats are 3.15/3.2/503. Do you think I would be competitive for AS?
D
deleted244469
I emailed Holly and will see what she says. Thanks again.It seems like you would be with your MCAT score, but I can't say for certain.
I emailed Holly and will see what she says. Thanks again.
No problem. Best of luck!
Weren't you accepted to both LMU and LECOM PMSP last year?
Yes, I was unable to start last year because I found out last minute I was missing a class needed to graduate from undergrad. LMU was able to defer my acceptance.
I got notified today via email. My interview is going to be on 3/21 🙂For those that received a phone interview for this cycle, what day were you notified of it? And was it via email or phone? Thanks
Hi guys, I was accepted to the MS AS track program for 2017 I just forgot to post on the thread here when it happened.
My stats:
cGPA 3.86
sGPA 3.80
MCAT 508
Interview was by phone conference (I was put on speakerphone), was very calm, personal, and straightfoward.
I am excited about this opportunity and am looking forward to attending this year! 🙂
My stats:
cGPA 3.86
sGPA 3.80
MCAT 508
Interview was by phone conference (I was put on speakerphone), was very calm, personal, and straightfoward.
I am excited about this opportunity and am looking forward to attending this year! 🙂
Hi guys, I was accepted to the MS AS track program for 2017 I just forgot to post on the thread here when it happened.
My stats:
cGPA 3.86
sGPA 3.80
MCAT 508
Interview was by phone conference (I was put on speakerphone), was very calm, personal, and straightfoward.
I am excited about this opportunity and am looking forward to attending this year! 🙂
Why apply to an MS program with those great Stats?

Congrats!
Hi guys, I was accepted to the MS AS track program for 2017 I just forgot to post on the thread here when it happened.
My stats:
cGPA 3.86
sGPA 3.80
MCAT 508
Interview was by phone conference (I was put on speakerphone), was very calm, personal, and straightfoward.
I am excited about this opportunity and am looking forward to attending this year! 🙂
Those are amazing stats. Save yourself the thousands and apply June 1st. And congrats regardless! 🙂
What does the acceptance packet include? Is it a letter? Documents?
Documents in a large letter-sized envelope with housing application, deposit slip, etc.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why apply to an MS program with those great Stats?
Congrats!
Those are amazing stats. Save yourself the thousands and apply June 1st. And congrats regardless! 🙂
thanks guys
I joined the facebook page. Looking forward to August! 😀
Last edited:
Hello all! I have an interview for MSBP tomorrow. Anyone else had the interview? Any advice?
Thank you!I had an interview yesterday for AS track. They asked me how did I know about the program? Why should we choose you? And what makes a medical student not successful?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K