Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I recently had a phone interview for this program. The program seems great but The thing is i have a 3.2 and a 500 MCAT.....is the MCAT too low for acceptance into the school?

I think you're fine with that score. Its about their avg from the ms program. Just gota do well in the masters to enroll into the DO program, though. Do you mind sharing the ques they asked you during the interview? Congrats & Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're fine with that score. Its about their avg from the ms program. Just gota do well in the masters to enroll into the DO program, though. Do you mind sharing the ques they asked you during the interview? Congrats & Thanks!
Very straight forward questions, super casual -- why do you wanna go to this program, what makes a successful doc

Reactions: 1 users
thanks guys

I joined the facebook page. Looking forward to August! :D

With stats that great, I'm sure you'll be able to do fine in the program and looking forward to having you join us! Do continue your strong work habits though because getting a bad grade in MGA will be shooting yourself in the foot. Harrogate is a quaint town and there's really not a whole lot to do outside of studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted today but I'm probably not going. Wish you guys best of luck!! :biglove:

Congratulations!!! Can I ask why you are choosing to not attend?
I got accepted at a different school. I'm honestly a city person so that's one of the reasons that I'm choosing the other school over LMU. But LMU staff is so nice and helpful!

Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted at a different school. I'm honestly a city person so that's one of the reasons that I'm choosing the other school over LMU. But LMU staff is so nice and helpful!

Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
How soon after your phone interview did you hear back?

I submitted my application March 22, with a low MCAT score but I will be retaking it at the end of April (scores come in end of May). I still haven't heard back about an interview, is this a normal length of wait or should I be concerned?

I submitted my application March 22, with a low MCAT score but I will be retaking it at the end of April (scores come in end of May). I still haven't heard back about an interview, is this a normal length of wait or should I be concerned?

I submitted on Feb 27th, file was complete on March 14th and heard for an interview last week. No mcat, taking it in May. So, it's probably early for your file. Give it another week or so, but they will email once your file is complete and goes for review.

I submitted on Feb 27th, file was complete on March 14th and heard for an interview last week. No mcat, taking it in May. So, it's probably early for your file. Give it another week or so, but they will email once your file is complete and goes for review.

Phew.. Okay, that's good to hear. I submitted an extremely short application on LMU's website and then was told to submit the rest of my application via email to Holly Napier, and so I was nervous that it was either lost in her inbox or a silent rejection.

Phew.. Okay, that's good to hear. I submitted an extremely short application on LMU's website and then was told to submit the rest of my application via email to Holly Napier, and so I was nervous that it was either lost in her inbox or a silent rejection.
I was told the committee reviews applications every Monday and then interviews those they reviewed that week. Plus they took off for spring break!

How soon after your phone interview did you hear back?

I feel like they mailed out the acceptance letter right after the interview or something because I received the acceptance packet 3-4 days after the phone interview. Good luck! Keep us updated!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told the committee reviews applications every Monday and then interviews those they reviewed that week. Plus they took off for spring break!
Thanks!! That's incredibly helpful to know :)

So I interviewed last thursday and just received my acceptance in the mail!! :)

Now I'm just trying to determine if my 500 MCAT is good enough to get into their med school after the post bacc lol super grateful tho

Now I'm just trying to determine if my 500 MCAT is good enough to get into their med school after the post bacc lol super grateful tho

In the past, a 25 on the MCAT was fine to matriculate into their DO program (as long as you have a good gpa in the masters). So, you should be fine, but please do check with the program admins directly.

Did they email you anything after the interview or you only received the acceptance letter in the mail? Also, the $500 seat deposit, how much time you have before its due? Thanks and Congratulations!

In the past, a 25 on the MCAT was fine to matriculate into their DO program (as long as you have a good gpa in the masters). So, you should be fine, but please do check with the program admins directly.

Did they email you anything after the interview or you only received the acceptance letter in the mail? Also, the $500 seat deposit, how much time you have before its due? Thanks and Congratulations!

I just e-mailed Holly a couple hours ago regarding the MCAT so hopefully I'll get more info soon! and no they didn't e-mail me anything, just the acceptance packet but I could've sworn it didn't give me a deadline for the deposit -- but I was so happy that I received the letter there's a chance I didn't read the entire thing properly LOL I'll try to get back to you with more info once I call the admissions office for details!

I was accepted into the MS in Anatomical Sciences. I have a high GPA and 3 low mcat scores. 23, 495, 495. I asked one of the doctors/professors during the interview if he thought I needed to retake it. He told me not to, and a 23 being the best out of my scores would not keep me from getting into their medical school. He did say that the program is not an MCAT bypass if you have a low score but he also said don't make a fool of yourself in the program. Do well in the Medical school courses and overall I would have a fighting chance of getting in. I kind of got the feeling that with this school, the MCAT isnt the end all be all. Have some good life experiences to talk about relevant to medicine, make sure your values align with their mission statement so that you are a good match. Based on what they told me, just do well in the program. Don't mess that up by studying for the mcat.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! Ive been accepted to the biomedical science program here at Lincoln. Im waiting to here back from Touro California and Ive also been accepted to California Northstate's post bacc program. Im leaning more towards lincoln if I can't get into touro. Anyone have some input on which program is best between the 3 I'm considering? Also, for current students in the Lincoln program how are the rigors of the coursework?

Hey everyone! Ive been accepted to the biomedical science program here at Lincoln. Im waiting to here back from Touro California and Ive also been accepted to California Northstate's post bacc program. Im leaning more towards lincoln if I can't get into touro. Anyone have some input on which program is best between the 3 I'm considering? Also, for current students in the Lincoln program how are the rigors of the coursework?

Might be better to ask this in the main Post Bac section by starting your own thread. I don't know anything about the other programs.. sorry.

I withdrew from the MS in Anatomical Sciences program today. I got into a program in my home state at a state school with cheaper tuition. I hope one of you gets my place. I was looking forward to it. Good luck to you all!

Hi guys, I was accepted to the MS AS track program for 2017 I just forgot to post on the thread here when it happened.

My stats:
cGPA 3.86
sGPA 3.80
MCAT 508

Interview was by phone conference (I was put on speakerphone), was very calm, personal, and straightfoward.
I am excited about this opportunity and am looking forward to attending this year! :)

What kind of questions did they ask you in the interview?

This has been answered multiple times before but they're pretty straightforward like why this program, why do you want to be a doctor, strengths/weakness, etc.

Shalom friends! First post here, happy to leave the #SDNShadows. I found out about the AS program last week and it looks absolutely fantastic. I would love to apply for this Fall but I'm a tad unsure if things would work out, thus here I am in slight-neurotic glory. I'm taking the MCAT for the first time in two weeks. My practice test scores have been ~508 so I'm hoping to send it up a couple points for the big day. Scores will come out May 30th, and the deadline appears to be June 15th, any idea how much space is usually available in the class around that time?

Tougher note - my 2nd and 3rd years of undergrad were rocked by some ugly family turmoil and grades tanked. Senior year was more emotionally stable but some B-s still hung out and all in all my GPA is hugging the 3.0 min, with science being a little lower. Any experience in their grace for GPAs? I've seen a lot of grace for MCAT scores but would be comforted if anyone has insight into how holistic they are in review. That being said I'm tentative about applying before I have my MCAT score because I want them to see it with everything!

Also is there any room for a third recommendation later (i.e. from work) or is it strictly the two professors?

In case you may be concerned, the family crises are stable (enough) and I've healed and grown a lot from it, especially through all this gnarly MCAT prep the last few months. So I like to think I'll make a better doctor from it all!

Thanks for your feedback guys! I think it'd be an honor to attend the program and hopefully DCOM after - I only found out about the program a week ago but I can't stop thinking about it and something just feels right, so here we go - whether now or next year!

P.S. I've been volunteering abroad for the past year and will tentatively be here until December, so the prospect of instead leaving to go to LMU is exciting but would be quite a quick change of plans if I get in after my MCAT scores release, hence the questions and neurosis ~

Shalom friends! First post here, happy to leave the #SDNShadows. I found out about the AS program last week and it looks absolutely fantastic. I would love to apply for this Fall but I'm a tad unsure if things would work out, thus here I am in slight-neurotic glory. I'm taking the MCAT for the first time in two weeks. My practice test scores have been ~508 so I'm hoping to send it up a couple points for the big day. Scores will come out May 30th, and the deadline appears to be June 15th, any idea how much space is usually available in the class around that time?

Tougher note - my 2nd and 3rd years of undergrad were rocked by some ugly family turmoil and grades tanked. Senior year was more emotionally stable but some B-s still hung out and all in all my GPA is hugging the 3.0 min, with science being a little lower. Any experience in their grace for GPAs? I've seen a lot of grace for MCAT scores but would be comforted if anyone has insight into how holistic they are in review. That being said I'm tentative about applying before I have my MCAT score because I want them to see it with everything!

Also is there any room for a third recommendation later (i.e. from work) or is it strictly the two professors?

In case you may be concerned, the family crises are stable (enough) and I've healed and grown a lot from it, especially through all this gnarly MCAT prep the last few months. So I like to think I'll make a better doctor from it all!

Thanks for your feedback guys! I think it'd be an honor to attend the program and hopefully DCOM after - I only found out about the program a week ago but I can't stop thinking about it and something just feels right, so here we go - whether now or next year!

P.S. I've been volunteering abroad for the past year and will tentatively be here until December, so the prospect of instead leaving to go to LMU is exciting but would be quite a quick change of plans if I get in after my MCAT scores release, hence the questions and neurosis ~

With your GPA being on the lower side, unless you rock the MCAT, I think you have a better shot at the biomedical track. They usually accept more competitive students for the anatomical track.

As for your other concerns, your best bet would be to email Holly Napier. She's great and extremely responsive to her emails. She should be able to give you more insight than we can as far as the deadlines and letters of recommendation. Best of luck!

They asked a little about me, what I wanted to do career-wise, why I wanted to do the program, they asked if I had read any books lately and what they were, was very casual and relaxed, they were all very nice and polite

Did anyone who applied by the end of March hear back yet?!

I had my interview on 4/6 and I have yet to hear back from them. I called yesterday and it seems like Holly is on a break, so will probably hear something this Thursday.

I have an interview on Thursday. Applied 3/24

Thank you so much, I was getting a little worried. I applied on 3/30 so it's probably going to be a while before I hear back

Thank you so much, I was getting a little worried. I applied on 3/30 so it's probably going to be a while before I hear back
I think they got behind during spring break week. At least that's what they told me. Just be patient!

When I went to visit last week, Holly was heading out of town for recruitment events. She does travel a lot!

NOPE! For everyone else its a week after their interview, but here..lol..who knows how long they will take! :shrug:
I just interviewed yesterday. Trying to determine how long I should expect to wait to hear from them. I noticed you are one another forum where applied, VCOM. Good luck to you on both!

Hi everybody! I was accepted to the VBS track a couple weeks ago. Did anybody else apply to this program?

My mom said I got a large white envelope from LMU in mail today. Do they only mail acceptances? Had my phone interview last week.

I had her open it and it was indeed an acceptance!!! Does anyone know how long we have to make the deposit? It just says a reasonable amount of time. I'm waitlisted for a DO program and I don't want to lose $500 if I end up getting accepted

I had her open it and it was indeed an acceptance!!! Does anyone know how long we have to make the deposit? It just says a reasonable amount of time. I'm waitlisted for a DO program and I don't want to lose $500 if I end up getting accepted

I don't believe there is a deadline. They just have rolling admission so I guess it's as long as it takes for the class to fill up. I've heard the anatomy boot camp fills up quickly though if that is something you are interested in.

Just received an email telling me that I have been selected for a phone interview for the Anatomical Sciences MS program!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received an email telling me that I have been selected for a phone interview for the Anatomical Sciences MS program!

If you read the above messages, you would see the asked questions.

But, overall, it's mostly why their program, why LMU, what would you bring to their program, how would you accommodate living in TN, etc. It's very relaxing and easy going, roughly 15-20 minutes. GL!

Hi, just to clarify when applying, there is only a very short application online, so i'm confused but about to submit it. do you send your rec letters and transcripts separately?

Hi, just to clarify when applying, there is only a very short application online, so i'm confused but about to submit it. do you send your rec letters and transcripts separately?

Yes, you send those separately. If you applied to DCOM through AACOMAS they can upload everything directly from there.