1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Linked Salary Discussion

Discussion in 'Podiatry Students' started by javajava, Jul 26, 2011.

1. javajava

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. questiondoc

5+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Very interesting link. Thank you.

4. javajava

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Thanks, I stumbled upon it when googling all about podiatry lol

What I was really curious about was the reaction from SDN pods, apparently there is non. But I curious as to whether or not people are content, not content, hate it, love it or what not

5. emericana

Podiatry Student
    as an incoming student this thread was interesting to me..

eseentially it states

TL;DR

If you want $$$ after coming out of residency bust your ass to get hired by a orthopedic practice

6. 347932

Attending Physician
    To expand on this a bit...MOST podiatrists who join orthopedic practices will never be partners in said practice. So yes, you get the instant gratification of making a lot of money right out of residency, BUT the likelihood that you will ever own a piece of the practice and benefit from being an owner/partner is virtually zero as of right now. That may change with time, but something to think about.

7. emericana

Podiatry Student
    Very interesting. Thanks for this...

I guess the best of both worlds would be join a ortho practice after residency get experience and then start your own gig.... starting your own thing is always the best way to make $

8. 347932

Attending Physician
    It has nothing do to with whether the state is "pod friendly" or not. It has to do with how the Professional Corporation (PC) or Professional Limited Liability Corporation (PLLC) was set up to begin with. If in the bylaws of the entity, it states that all Physician Members/Share Holders/Partners have to be MDs (potentially of a specific specialty or board certified by a specific board), it would take a Board of Directors initiative to alter the bylaws, which means EVERYONE has to agree to the change. It CAN happen, but maybe it won't. Something to look into before making the plunge.

9. javajava

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Ya it is surprising that seven years of additional schooling still doesnt lead above six figures base, however if there isnt enough no patient flow in the practice to support that kind of employee salary I suppose its understandable. But its still good that there is a bonus structure to tip it off :)

10. javajava

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    http://www.podiatry.com/ezines/index.php?action=viewPublication&nopopout=true&confirmOff=true&SearchText=&id=211&keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=700&width=768&full=true

I think this link is also important for Real Number crunching based on a modest seventy thousand base with varying bonus and varying bonus thresholds too

In this the Bonus doesn't give much income at all even though the associate has gained a decent gross for the practice, whats the typical Bonus structure for a typical practice