List Dental Schools I've Applied to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trannguyen15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN, hope you're doing well. I'm applying to University of Nevada, Las Vegas and its application portal asks me to list all the other dental schools I've applied to. The question is should I list all of them? Will the school look down on my application? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

It’s up to you how you want to respond to this question. l believe they actually do consider this in their decision making, but may be a very minor criteria depending on the school. Not as familiar with UNLV’s system (I know they use a formula on who they accept, look it up haha) but at NYU for example, if they don’t think they can get you in the first round snatch in December, they will waitlist you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools won't look down on you for applying to different programs. Just be honest. I had a friend who recently graduated from Iowa and said their admissions favored students who applied to more rather then less. Admissions understand peoples situations and aren't stupid. They understand strategies to get accepted. They've probably been in your shoes at one point or another.

Thanks for the replies. I apply for around 13-14 schools so I think it can be an issue.

It’s up to you how you want to respond to this question. l believe they actually do consider this in their decision making, but may be a very minor criteria depending on the school. Not as familiar with UNLV’s system (I know they use a formula on who they accept, look it up haha) but at NYU for example, if they don’t think they can get you in the first round snatch in December, they will waitlist you.

Where can I look up that info? On SDN? Thanks!

Whenever this question came up, I only listed like 7 of the 15 schools I applied to (was trying to get accepted to the same school as my fiance). Schools want you to do your research on the school, that's why they commonly ask 'why do you want to come here'. When you apply to 15+ schools, they might begin to think you're not as invested in them as someone who only applies to 7

Reactions: 1 user
Whenever this question came up, I only listed like 7 of the 15 schools I applied to (was trying to get accepted to the same school as my fiance). Schools want you to do your research on the school, that's why they commonly ask 'why do you want to come here'. When you apply to 15+ schools, they might begin to think you're not as invested in them as someone who only applies to 7

Thanks for your information. Since I'm an international student, I want to apply as many schools as possible because I think most schools only accept around 5

Kind of like trying to bite the hand that feeds you.

I think it’s best to be honest and list all the schools. No use in risking it even if it’s a small chance they’d ever find out. I listed all 14 I applied to and it didn’t affect me at all. At one interview the interviewer straight up asked what schools I applied to and what other interviews I had lol

On the otherside of the coin, when I told one interviewer all the interviews I had, she said “so you’re getting in somewhere,” and seemed to mentally shutdown after that haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
On the otherside of the coin, when I told one interviewer all the interviews I had, she said “so you’re getting in somewhere,” and seemed to mentally shutdown after that haha
After I told him he said "you're going to have a lot of options, let me tell you why Maryland is the best one" lmao

Reactions: 1 users
After I told him he said "you're going to have a lot of options, let me tell you why Maryland is the best one" lmao

I guess you have an excellent stats haha nobody gonna say it if you have average stats

I guess you have an excellent stats haha nobody gonna say it if you have average stats
Stats get you in the door but once you have the interview its up to your personality/experiences

You’ll see, the way your interviews go will largely depend on who your interviewer is
Definitely can play a role. At one interview I shared the same first name with the interviewers son and that’s what we talked about for 75% of the time lmao

Reactions: 1 users