This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mat the coolcat

jus tryn'a make it
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Trying to compile a list of new EM programs that started interviewing residents for their inaugural class this year for educational purposes. If y'all could comment on the other ones it would be much appreciated.

The ones I'm aware of are:

California
-St. Joseph's in Stockton
-Eisenhower in Rancho Mirage

Florida
-FSU in Sarasota

Nevada
-Sunrise Health GME consortium in Las Vegas

New York
-Zucker SOM/Hofstra in Bay shore

Members don't see this ad.

I thought Sunrise Health accepted students last year. One of my classmates interviewed there last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Loyola just outside Chicago

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

St Joseph’s has an intern class. They filled it after the match last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

University of Vermont.
Inaugural class starting in 2019.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get the information out that Orange Park Medical Center should now be in ERAS to match a full class for AY19. It is a 3 yr program in Orange Park (corner of Jacksonville, Fl) at 12 residents per year. 13 Block schedule with planned 17 clinical + 2 Academic shifts in PGY1, 17 clinical as PGY2, 16 clinical as PGY3.
PGY1 includes T/SICU, P/Nicu, Anes/US/Res, OB/CT surg, and EM.
PGY2 includes T/SICU, US/EM, MICU, Elective, and EM.
PGY3 includes ICU-elective, Admin/EM, US/EM, Education/EMS/EM, Elective, and EM.
Level 2 trauma center, everything from derm to neurointerventional (except ophtho) on call.
Other current residency programs include TY, FM, IM, Psych, Derm. Institution has accredited for cardiology and palliative care fellowships.

Thanks
Steve

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get the information out that Orange Park Medical Center should now be in ERAS to match a full class for AY19. It is a 3 yr program in Orange Park (corner of Jacksonville, Fl) at 12 residents per year. 13 Block schedule with planned 17 clinical + 2 Academic shifts in PGY1, 17 clinical as PGY2, 16 clinical as PGY3.
PGY1 includes T/SICU, P/Nicu, Anes/US/Res, OB/CT surg, and EM.
PGY2 includes T/SICU, US/EM, MICU, Elective, and EM.
PGY3 includes ICU-elective, Admin/EM, US/EM, Education/EMS/EM, Elective, and EM.
Level 2 trauma center, everything from derm to neurointerventional (except ophtho) on call.
Other current residency programs include TY, FM, IM, Psych, Derm. Institution has accredited for cardiology and palliative care fellowships.

Thanks
Steve

And the death of EM continues.

Reactions: 1 users
Death of EM as we know it now.
New Programs >>CMGs>>Insurance companies> APCs

Its all about supply and demand. Demand will slowly increase as the population continues to increase and people live longer. Supply is increasing much faster so as supply increase, EM doc's negotiation position goes down.

CMGs are smart. If they can't find EM docs at a certain rate, just create more in 3 years and thus increasing supply.

As with all economic models, when supply and demand balances out then you will see stabilization of what the EM job market will look like. Who knows when this will balance out. The only way supply will decrease is when residencies closes (not going to happen often) or Med students decides it is not a good field to go into. No different than Gas, Radiology, etc.