List of Schools Ok?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medlover247

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far I have 25 schools that I am applying to:
I'm a California Resident and my overall GPA is 3.52, I'm re-taking my MCAT in July

Albany
Boston University
Creighton
David Geffen School of Medicine- UCLA
Drexel
George Washington
Georgetown
Jeffereson
Keck school of Med- USC
Loyola University Chicago
New York Medical College
New York University
Northwestern
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
St. Luis
Stanford
Temple
Tufts
Tulane
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UCSD
UCSF
UIC College of Medicine

I need 5 more schools, any suggestions? I wanted to buy the MSAR but they don't have it at the bookstores anywhere close to my house. I want to submit my application either today or tomorrow

BTW should I bother applyng to UI? Are most of their students Illinois residents? I couldn't find it on their website

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I ordered the MSAR online, and it came pretty quickly :)

University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine:

Resident: Applied-1644, Interviewed-572, Matriculated-241
Non-resident: Applied-4092, Interviewed-256, Matriculated-83
Total: Applied-5755, Interviewed-828, Matriculated-324

That's a large list, keep in mind how much it's going to cost you to apply.

I didn't apply to Illinois because of their fairly small percentage of OOSers.

What's the rush on the primary if you aren't taking the MCAT until July? You won't have scores until August!! I would personally recommend getting a copy of MSAR (online) and wait a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the Fee Waiver, so I can apply to 12-13 schools for free. I want to apply to 30

I know I won't get my scores till August, but I want to make sure I that I at least get verified early. I guess I'll order the MSAR online...

It's impossible to give a reasonable assessment without more information than your state of residence and gpa. What are getting in practice MCATs? What are your EC's? What makes you unique? If you want actual help from SDN, you need to give the reader more to work with. Your list of schools includes many competitive ones that typically accept only the most outstanding students.

I have the Fee Waiver, so I can apply to 12-13 schools for free. I want to apply to 30

I know I won't get my scores till August, but I want to make sure I that I at least get verified early. I guess I'll order the MSAR online...

Holy crapola, 30 schools sounds like a lot (although I applied to 10 and got screwed, so don't listen to me).

Just wanted to note that my local University library had an updated copy of the MSAR available. Might want to check that first...

Hey Everyone,

I'm really concerned about my list of schools please help me out!

Here is some more info:
-2 years of biochem research/poster presentation
-a lot of shadowing/externships
-EMT certificate (looking for a job)
-tutoring ~1 year
-volunteering in hospital ~100 hours
-mentoring program, 1 year
-alot of leadership experience, president, vice president, treasurer, secretary (2 different clubs)
-academic acheivement award/deans honor roll

Again I'm a California resident, I have a 3.52 overall gpa and am retaking my MCAT in July. I took AAMC 3 and got a 24 (with about 75% of review remaining) , but I will try me best to get a 30..

Please help me out people! :)