List of schools sending out secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Adding Rochester

Albert Einstein
Baylor - email
Boston U -- snail mail
Case Western -- email
Cornell - email
Creighton -- email
EVMS -- email
Florida State (FSU) -- email
Jefferson -- email
JHU -- Mail/Online
Dartmouth -- mail
Drexel -- snail mail
Georgetown - mail
GW - email
Marshall U--regular mail
Miami, FL -- email
Mayo -- email
U. Michigan -- email
Northwestern - mail
OSU -- email
OU -- email
Rochester-snail mail
Rush -- email
SLU
South Florida email
SUNY Downstate -- email
SUNY Upstate email
U Chicago -- email
Tulane
Tufts -- mail
U Arizona --snail mail
UCSD -- email
U of Cinci
UCONN--email
UF -- email and snailmail
University of Kentucky--email
U of L S of M-email
UIC - email
UPenn -- email
UVa -- email
Uniformed Services- email
Washington University in St. Louis - email
UMDNJ-Newark -- snailmail
UMDNJ-RWJ - snail mail; just send 'em $$ it appears
Medical College of Wisconsin - email

Members don't see this ad.

Got picked for a secondary at UCSD...two UCs in one day :) Now waiting for UCSF...

Originally posted by JulianCrane
Does Case Western screen because they got my application two weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything from them.

I called Case Western today and they said that they will be sending a secondary to everybody. BUt, like you, I have not heard anything from them at all despite other people getting emails. I am a little concerned. I am now left to guess that CWRU hands out secondary invites on some sort of s sliding scale. Maybe my stats are too low to be put in the first batch.

Judd

Members don't see this ad :)
When did the Rochester e-mail come??

Julian........ ;)

Rochester didn't send e-mail....they send it through regular mail...and their application is only 1 page.....NO ESSAYS .....so they are keeping it simple ....they just want $$$$

Hey I didn't get MedCoW yet ! are they screening or anything? They're one of my top choices and I feel slighted ... :confused:

They don't screen... But don't worry about it, my first choice (michigan) doesn't screen, and I haven't heard from them, but I did hear from MCW. It'll come, just give it time...

And the best thing, is when it does, MCW doesn't have essays.

G'Luck

Originally posted by Jonkst
They don't screen... But don't worry about it, my first choice (michigan) doesn't screen, and I haven't heard from them, but I did hear from MCW. It'll come, just give it time...

And the best thing, is when it does, MCW doesn't have essays.

G'Luck

If Michigan doesnt screen, how do some SDNers have interview invites already and others don't? Seems like they would have to have some screening process to seperate out those two populations.

My impression, although I'm no expert, is that everyone gets a secondary, but they have some kind of automatic guaranteed interview cutoff also. Check out the Michigan Secondaries thread that's around here somewhere.

Vandy's secondary is quite long with 3 MD essays (total 3000 words) and 2 MSTP essays (total 1500 words)

Albert Einstein
Baylor - email
Boston U -- snail mail
Case Western -- email
Cornell - email
Creighton -- email
EVMS -- email
Jefferson -- email
JHU -- Mail/Online
Dartmouth -- mail
Drexel -- snail mail
Georgetown - mail
GW - email
Marshall U--regular mail
Miami, FL -- email
Mayo -- email
U. Michigan -- email
Northwestern - mail
OSU -- email
OU -- email
Rochester-snail mail
Rush -- email
SLU
South Florida email
SUNY Downstate -- email
SUNY Upstate email
U Chicago -- email
Tulane
Tufts -- mail
U Arizona --snail mail
UCSD -- email
U of Cinci
UCONN--email
U of L S of M-email
UIC - email
UPenn -- email
UVa -- email
Vanderbilt-email

shooot loosey, so you got an automatic interview invite to vandy as well right? good job :) when'd they email you with the info?

Hey-- I think someone deleted University of Washington from earlier, so I'm re-adding it.

Albert Einstein
Baylor - email
Boston U -- snail mail
Case Western -- email
Cornell - email
Creighton -- email
EVMS -- email
Jefferson -- email
JHU -- Mail/Online
Dartmouth -- mail
Drexel -- snail mail
Georgetown - mail
GW - email
Marshall U--regular mail
Miami, FL -- email
Mayo -- email
U. Michigan -- email
Northwestern - mail
OSU -- email
OU -- email
Rochester-snail mail
Rush -- email
SLU
South Florida email
SUNY Downstate -- email
SUNY Upstate email
U Chicago -- email
Tulane
Tufts -- mail
U Arizona --snail mail
UCSD -- email
U of Cinci
UCONN--email
U of L S of M-email
UIC - email
UPenn -- email
UVa -- email
Vanderbilt-email
University of Washington - email

Maybe the Vandy thing is for mudphudders? I just received an e-mail from Vandy saying that Dear Applicant we have received your amcas we will be reveiwing it and getting back to you about secondaries, keeping my fingers crossed but they are notorious for hardly accepting any TN students, we will see....

Members don't see this ad :)
I think UC Irvine was never added either...

Albert Einstein
Baylor - email
Boston U -- snail mail
Case Western -- email
Cornell - email
Creighton -- email
EVMS -- email
Jefferson -- email
JHU -- Mail/Online
Dartmouth -- mail
Drexel -- snail mail
Georgetown - mail
GW - email
Marshall U--regular mail
Miami, FL -- email
Mayo -- email
U. Michigan -- email
Northwestern - mail
OSU -- email
OU -- email
Rochester-snail mail
Rush -- email
SLU
South Florida email
SUNY Downstate -- email
SUNY Upstate email
U Chicago -- email
Tulane
Tufts -- mail
U Arizona --snail mail
UC Irvine -- email
UCSD -- email
U of Cinci
UCONN--email
U of L S of M-email
UIC - email
UPenn -- email
UVa -- email
Vanderbilt-email

anyone else hear from case western or UVA? i'm worried i haven't been getting emails!!

UVA came in the mail for me. I haven't heard anything from Case.

As of this morning, I was told by a very friendly admissions officer that e-mail notification will be sent shortly. Don't ask me how soon that is. I wasn't under the impression that they were screening.

AAK

Regarding Case Western, by the way.

Originally posted by AAKRAZY
As of this morning, I was told by a very friendly admissions officer that e-mail notification will be sent shortly. Don't ask me how soon that is. I wasn't under the impression that they were screening.

AAK

uh.... to what school?

Case has sent out some secondaries. Well, one at least. If it helps, my AMCAS cleared last Fri, got the Case secondary on Weds.

I too spoke to Case this morning. They said that the secondaries were going out in a staggered manner so as to reduce the burden on the admissions staff to review them all at once.

I did not ask (though I wish I had) whether some system was being used to determine who would be the first to receive the emails. I am now of the opinion, however, the the sequence is based in some way on relative merit. Were it to be merely arbitrary (or based on the alphabet or some such) that would put those at the end of the sequence at an arbitrary disadvantage, no? If I am right, CWRU is using a screening process that, while not eliminating those that are less competitive, puts them at the pack of the pack.

But these are just guesses. Maybe it's just based on last name. Mine starts with H. Who has gotten a CWRU email with a last name later than that in the alphabet?

Judd

Are you guys that are getting stuff from case already verified and sent to case? My amcas was processed, but when I go to print my app, there are no dates filled in for the area of when it was sent to the particular school. On my front screen when i open up my app however, the amcas has been sent to almost every school, but some were sent before amcas was processed. Can a school get my entire amcas if i just had it processed?

thanks

I just need to vent a little, If schools are sending out their secondaries in a random fashion, it irritates me. Why did I work so hard to submit my application to AAMC on June 3rd when applicants that worked on their application for another month and a half might be returning their secondaries to schools before I even receive a secondary? I am still waiting for Rush, GW and Case Western. I really was hoping to stay ahead of the game, but things don't always work out how you want, I know, I know.

i read in another thread that they only invite 33% of applicants to fill out the secondary...that would have to be out-of-staters? the number came from princeton review and i have the msar...it doesnt say. im out-of-state and got the secondary so im just wondering if it is worth it to fill it out (ie if only 33% of people are getting them then i have a decent shot at an interview).

and on u of mich...everyone gets a secondary but not everyone is asked for LORs, correct? like 40% get asked for LORs and of those 40% some are given a bypass straight to interview. im just checking again cause i got asked (surprisedly) to send them my LORs (and i'm non-cali/non-michigan).

i wish schools would just say...i liked georgetown's secondary info packet...gave all the numbers straight out in black and white. none of this posturing.

Albert Einstein
Baylor - email
Boston U -- snail mail
Case Western -- email
Cornell - email
Creighton -- email
EVMS -- email
Jefferson -- email
JHU -- Mail/Online
Dartmouth -- mail
Drexel -- snail mail
Georgetown - mail
GW - email
Marshall U--regular mail
Miami, FL -- email
Mayo -- email
U. Michigan -- email
Northwestern - mail
OSU -- email
OU -- email
Rochester-snail mail
Rush -- email
SLU
South Florida email
SUNY Downstate -- email
SUNY Upstate email
U Chicago -- email
Tulane
Tufts -- mail
U Arizona --snail mail
UC Irvine -- email
UCSD -- email
U of Cinci
UCONN--email
U of L S of M-email
UIC - email
UPenn -- email
UVa -- email
Vanderbilt-email
Morehouse School of Medicine -email

juddson i have a last name at the beginning of the alphabet and i haven't heard squat. i was also submitted my app the very first day. so who knows how they are doing this... maybe regionally?

Just a heads up for those applicants to Vandy...interview invites have begun coming in the mail...got mine today, so have to start cranking out that secondary! Btw, the letter looks at first like a rejection--thin envelope, very short and no dates listed in an initial scan, and it starts with the dreaded words "Thank you for submitting your application to the Vanderbilt School of Medicine..." I was really steeling myself for a rejection as I read it, but I can't believe the good news.

Good luck to everyone....and pls post if you've gotten the letter from Vandy--it will be nice to know who else is Vandy-bound!

cheers ~

congrats spumoni620 :clap: :clap: :clap:

but i'm sure looking at that secondary it almost makes you wish you didnt get an interview there :p

Spumoni did you get anything from Vandy via e-mail? also when was your amcas transmitted to Vandy? I just got this generic e-mail saying that thanks for applying we are reviewing your application blah blah blah, but nothing yet about interview dang it! and I am from TN helloooo Vandy... he he.

Hey thanks DW :) Haven't yet been able to access the secondary but it'll be interesting...hear it's pretty long.

efex101, i got 2 emails from vandy. the first email i got yesterday. it was basically one line that said "we will review your application within 4-6 weeks and get back to you." very generic. then today i got a gushy email from the dir of admissions to the effect of "dear *my name*, we are so excited that you applied to vanderbilt! we will go over your application...if you have been invited to interview we will send you the invitation by mail and you will then be required to complete our secondary...etc. etc." it didn't explicitly say i was being invited to interview, but it was a totally different tone from the 1st email. then i came home and found the invite in the mail. go figure...

yeah i got the same "gushy" email today... the font was really really tiny on it for some reason, like they didn't want me to read it. but alas, i had no interview invite in my mailbox today. :p

congrats on the interview spu :clap:

Adding Stonybrook to the list...

TWO QUESTIONS:
Is anybody still waiting for Einstein to TRANSMIT? I submitted my AMCAS with them late-June and it hasn't even transmitted yet.

I haven't gotten emails from Chicago or JHU yet, but I know their secondaries are online. Should I just go ahead and fill them out?

Albert Einstein
Baylor - email
Boston U -- snail mail
Case Western -- email
Cornell - email
Creighton -- email
EVMS -- email
Jefferson -- email
JHU -- Mail/Online
Dartmouth -- mail
Drexel -- snail mail
Georgetown - mail
GW - email
Marshall U--regular mail
Miami, FL -- email
Mayo -- email
U. Michigan -- email
Northwestern - mail
OSU -- email
OU -- email
Rochester-snail mail
Rush -- email
SLU
South Florida email
SUNY Downstate -- email
SUNY Upstate email
SUNY Stony Brook - email
U Chicago -- email
Tulane
Tufts -- mail
U Arizona --snail mail
UC Irvine -- email
UCSD -- email
U of Cinci
UCONN--email
U of L S of M-email
UIC - email
UPenn -- email
UVa -- email
Vanderbilt-email
Morehouse School of Medicine -email

As everyone says on here, this is just my $0.02, but I'd at least go ahead and do the JHU secondary. The way I look at it is you get all secondaries done ASAP. I've got 2 down and 7-8 to go this weekend. And if I had a couple more I wouldn't complain (c'mon Vanderbilt!).

anyone else hear from case western or UVA? i'm worried i haven't been getting emails!!

I got the letter from UVA today - the link is

www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/supplemental-app/

I don't think they screen.

questions:
Why are you interested in attending
the University of Virginia School of Medicine?
Briefly describe yourself and your medical career
as you see it ten years from now.What do you think will be your greatest personal challenge
as a physician, and how will you address this?

Originally posted by spumoni620

then today i got a gushy email from the dir of admissions to the effect of "dear *my name*, we are so excited that you applied to vanderbilt!

Yeah I got the two emails too. The difference in tone is really funny. But I didn't get any letters yet, so who knows.

does the UPenn secondary have any essays?

Originally posted by Jtak
does the UPenn secondary have any essays?

I go the UPenn secondary thursday morning. There's only an essay if you're applying for the MD/PhD program, otherwise it's just some quick questions and pay $75.

Originally posted by koma
I got the letter from UVA today - the link is

www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/supplemental-app/

I don't think they screen.

questions:
Why are you interested in attending
the University of Virginia School of Medicine?
Briefly describe yourself and your medical career
as you see it ten years from now.What do you think will be your greatest personal challenge
as a physician, and how will you address this?

Yeah I got the two emails too. The difference in tone is really funny. But I didn't get any letters yet, so who knows.

I as well got two emails from Vandy, though I am yet to receive anything in the mail. Though to be honest, if the secondary is as bad as people say it is sooner might not necessarily be better.

ok i'm getting uber worried...i haven't heard from the following schools yet...

Albany Medical College
Boston University School of Medicine
Chicago Medical - Finch U. of HS
Duke University School of Medicine
Emory University School of Medicine
Medical University of South Carolina
New York Medical College
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
The University of Vermont College of Medicine
Tufts University School of Medicine
University of North Carolina School of Medicine
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicin
Wake Forest University School of Medicine

These are a majority of my schools and all but three have my application (at least that's what amcas shows that all apps have been transmitted to all but three schools) ...my app completing processing on July 16th and my app STILL hasn't been sent out to all schools? Should I phone AMCAS and ask them what the heck is going on?? and how come my app still hasn't been transmitted to the remaining three schools (which are tufts, MUSC and BU)???

I see people getting secondaries from Saint Louis and BU...i'm getting really worried?+pissed+ I dunno if i should phone individual schools and ask if they have received my app or not or what their procedures are like...it's been 10 days and i've only gotten two secondaries...can anyone please give some good advice??

Originally posted by echostation

I see people getting secondaries from Saint Louis and BU...i'm getting really worried?+pissed+ I dunno if i should phone individual schools and ask if they have received my app or not or what their procedures are like...it's been 10 days and i've only gotten two secondaries...can anyone please give some good advice??

Tufts hasn't transmitted for me on AMCAS either, but I got a secondary in the mail....A lot of your schools give secondaries out to everyone, so I'd just be patient. I haven't gotten secondaries from BU or Albany either...

Albany Medical College
New York Medical College

These are a majority of my schools and all but three have my application (at least that's what amcas shows that all apps have been transmitted to all but three schools) ...my app completing processing on July 16th and my app STILL hasn't been sent out to all schools? Should I phone AMCAS and ask them what the heck is going on?? and how come my app still hasn't been transmitted to the remaining three schools (which are tufts, MUSC and BU)???

I havent heard from Duke and Emory either. I wouldnt worry just yet, if NO ONE on SDN has received a secondary from these schools, its doubtful anyone in the general population has either.

Originally posted by Gleevec
I havent heard from Duke and Emory either. I wouldnt worry just yet, if NO ONE on SDN has received a secondary from these schools, its doubtful anyone in the general population has either.

On Duke's website, it says that they do not begin their application process until August 6. So don't expect anything from them yet

echostation, Wake Forest screens, so everyone does not get a secondary. Last year, I received the e-mail invite to complete the secondary about 3 weeks after my app had been transmitted. There is still time, so be patient!! It is very early in the process. :) Also, they may not begin looking at applications until aug 1 or something like that. They could be busy considering we are starting orientation on Monday.

Has anyone who has NOT applied to the Medical College of Wisconsin, and who DOES NOT live in Wisconsin, receive an email from them saying that they have received your MCAT scores from AMCAS and that it looks like you would be a competitive applicant should you apply to our school?? I got it today and it was kinda cool at first, but then I got suspicious.....Im sure they just want my money but, I was wondering if anyone else got this email and are now going to apply there.....

I have talked with Emory, albany, Boston, NYMC, and UVM. Emory has not begun receiving applications yet but expects to in the next week or so. Albany is finishing their secondary and expects to have it online around 2nd week of August. Boston, NYMC, and UVM I don't think they have input the applications into the computer as they told me they all get paper copies.

Albany Medical College
New York Medical College

Hey - i applied to slu and received the invitation to complete the secondary via regular mail. They seondary is online but what I would do is call them and tell them you havent heard anything and just check about that:)

good luck

Originally posted by merovingian
Has anyone who has NOT applied to the Medical College of Wisconsin, and who DOES NOT live in Wisconsin, receive an email from them saying that they have received your MCAT scores from AMCAS and that it looks like you would be a competitive applicant should you apply to our school?? I got it today and it was kinda cool at first, but then I got suspicious.....Im sure they just want my money but, I was wondering if anyone else got this email and are now going to apply there.....

I got it, too. So did some others. there is a thread about it. I don't think I'm going to apply, though.

SUNY Stonybrook--email
SUNY Downstate--email
U of Rochester

How long is it taking u guys to do the essays?