List of schools that will take a 7 VR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UAAWolf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took MCAT today..am confident I got 11+ in sciences but likely 7 or 8 in VR :(

All my other stats are stellar...I have great EC's and a 4.0 etc.

Can we make a list of schools that accept a 7 VR? Now I am willing to go ANYWHERE for MD school. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

eeeeek. That is cutting it close buddy. Wait you haven't got your score back yet? you cannot make that assumption.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed.... The MCAT is full of suprises! Good luck waiting for scores...

I know U of Wisconsin has 7 as a cut off. So they won't immediatly toss you out. Do well in the others and you should be fine!

Dude don't worry about it yet. I took my MCAT 5/1/09 and I thought I got rocked on the Verbal. I felt so bad about it I almost voided. Ended up beating my AAMC average. Its just post test jitters

7 in verbal will kill your chances at MD schools. You will need at least an 8 in verbal.

Florida International
Rosalind Franklin
Wayne State
Loma Linda
U of Nebraska
U of Nevada
U of Arizona
U of Illinois
LSU Shreveport
E. Tennessee State
Florida State
U of Kansas
LSU New Orleans
Michigan State
East Carolina
U of N. Dakota
Wright State
MUSCU of Utah
U of Arkansas
U of Mississippi
Mercer
Morehouse
Marshall
U of New Mexico
Howard
Meharry
U of Missouri
KCU of Puerto Rico
Ponce
U Central del Caribe
San Juan Bautista

All of these schools had a 10th percentile of 7 or less. Well according to the school selection spreadsheet. Good luck!

I came out of the MCAT feeling like crap (most of my friends did too). You can't judge your score on how well you felt after the test. Wait for the scores before you make a judgement.