List this as "work/job" or "volunteer - community" in AMCAS???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uhohspaghettio

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've lived in an international cooperative housing. I had to work four hours per week cleaning bathrooms, laundry rooms, hall ways; cutting grasses; setting up weekend activities or parties. In exchange, I got my rent reduced by 30% per month but didn't get paid. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I would think that it would be considered work/job more than volunteer, b/c you are getting something for it. Just explain what it was about.

Members don't see this ad :)
For most of us, that's called housework. The lower cost then relates to not hiring household help, or not having help as often. Long story short, it isn't much of an EC.

I've lived in an international cooperative housing. I had to work four hours per week cleaning bathrooms, laundry rooms, hall ways; cutting grasses; setting up weekend activities or parties. In exchange, I got my rent reduced by 30% per month but didn't get paid. Any thoughts?

Job, maybe? Do you even need to list this?

you only have 15 activities/experiences to write about in this section. Why would you use cleaning houses to take up one of those spots? If you were applying for a job with a lawn mowing company or MerryMaid, this would be relevant. I dont think most adcoms care about about your ability to clean toilets.