listen to this!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnthestreak

master of disaster
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ya'll won't believe this.

so, i'm sitting in my living room wondering why i haven't gotten any secondaries after submitting my primary 8/10. so i decide to finally call aacomas and ask them why the hell i haven't heard anything. and the guy tells me that they don't have my transcripts!!!! :mad: :mad:
i was in shock. i had my transcripts sent 8/15. what the hell is this??!!?? :mad: :mad:
and they tell me that they can't even process my application until they get my transcripts. needless to say i'm pissed off.
so i wrote them an email (don't know how much that'll do) and i''m resending my transcripts. i mean what else can i do?

really mad
john

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, nothing compared to AMCAS. That's a daily experience.

Hi, I'm in the exact situation. I submitted everything by August 25, and NUTHIN! So, was that the only excuse they gave you, or did they wake up on the wrong side of the bed one morning and decide to write their own rules? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you already had them check but...I called yesterday and they said they didn't have my transcripts. He was content giving me that info, but I asked him to look for them cause i knew they were there. The person took my number and called me back an hour later to say that the reason he couldn't find them was because my application was verified and would be sent out next week.

I have to agree with none...they are nothing compared to amcas. I have never been on hold longer than 2 minutes, and they actually return calls. Hopefully your transcripts are really there, you might want to have them look again.

Good luck

Yep, dealing with AMCAS & AACOMAS is generally enough to even piss 0ff the Pope! However, as is the case in dealing with ANYONE connected to the med school application process, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS treat everyone with the utmost respect and professionalism. If you do not, it will come back to bite you on the @$$!!!! Even as frustrating as it is for you, and I am NOT defending their errors, think of it from their perspective. They have to deal with thousands of whiny, demanding pre-meds (you are not all that way, but you do have that reputation to bear) and the pressures of processing tens of thousands of applications...so, if you go spouting off at them, it can mean delays and further boo-boos with your app. Believe me, if you kill them with kindness, you are going against that pre-med reputation and the support staff will be far more likely to go the extra mile to expedite the processing of your application!

Now, you may be balking at the thought of being nice when they are the ones who made the mistake(s). You may not like the taste of "crow". Well friends and Romans -- get used to it! There is whole lot med school that will necessitate your keeping your mouth shut, even when you are correct, and simply being nice and nodding your head. I'm not implying that you must get comfortable with a smidgen of fecal matter on the tip of your nose -- although you most likely will adjust to that sensation -- but you will find that the words, "discretion is the better part of valor" to be oh so poignant!!!

:p

yeah, but i really do feel like killing someone..... :(
i don't know what to do, i think that i'll call them again tomorrow, right around the time that i'll be getting my mcat scores so i can be even happier when i tell whoever i talk to, to get their head outta their @$$ and LOOK for my transcripts.
just in case i'm having my transcripts sent again :mad: .
like once shouldn't be enough!!!!!!!!!
i hate this, i really do.

johnthe(greek)streak

Back in June (how long ago it seems...) when I first completed my AACOMAS.. my transcripts were in one file.. my application was in another. I had to persistantly call to rectify... :rolleyes:

-A

why was your stuff in different files?

you DID send it next day, certified mail, didn't you? i sent all my stuff this way and it was never lost. may cost more, but it's better to be safe than sorry.. :)

take it easy

homonculus