Program-Specific Info / Q's LIU 2016 OT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT2016Hopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've posted in a few other threads - applied to several OT programs in NY and NJ. I've only heard from one school - LIU and I have an interview in 3 weeks.

Was hoping to hear from anyone else who may have applied there and/or interviewed there? I honestly don't know much about their program. Applied on a whim at the last minute as I worried that I hadn't applied to enough programs. It's a BS/MS dual degree program but I already have a BA. Do you think those credits that already exist will transfer over so I only have to do the 3 year professional part?

Maybe there are some current LIU students on here? Would love to hear from you as well!
Thanks for the input!

Members don't see this ad.

I also got an interview!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview also. Does anyone the exact format?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I'm a current OT student at LIU. I also has a bachelors prior but you still have to do the full program. It's honestly not bad at all. The first semester is extremely hard as you're not use to the grad school program and what not but the professors really care about your progress and are helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I'm a current OT student at LIU. I also has a bachelors prior but you still have to do the full program. It's honestly not bad at all. The first semester is extremely hard as you're not use to the grad school program and what not but the professors really care about your progress and are helpful.

How should one prepare for a LIU OT group format interview?

My interview for LIU OT is around the corner and I am very curious about the format and what to expect! HELP!

Who had their interview already?

I am wondering the same because I know they are giving interview today and on Sunday. When is your interview?

I was scheduled for Sunday, but I called it off since I will be attending Stony Brook's program. :) Good luck to everyone interviewing this weekend!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about Touro Bayshore Long Island program?

i got wait listed as well.. pretty shocked but now just going to have to play the waiting game some more

Reactions: 1 users
Did you have your interviews before getting waitlisted?

i got into liu, but good luck to all of you.

You got into their OT program? Were you waitlisted first?
No, he got into the pharmacy program. I don't know why he replied on this forum but he's not in the OT program.

I got an email about 2 weeks ago saying my decision was in the Mail. Since I didn't get an interview it's a rejection but still nothing in the mail from them

Hey guys I hope you're still active on here, do you remember your interview questions for the LIU OT program? I want to start preparing now, im so nervous!