LIU Brooklyn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elle7077

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone interviewed at this school yet?
Is there anything special you can tell me about the interview?

Also- does anyoen have any idea how many people the school interviews versus how many they accept?

Thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

Interview scheduled for Saturday March 1. It is conducted by a faculty member and graudated student. I surmise that 50 -70 applicants are interviewed and know that approximately 30 offers were furnished in the past (see Insider's Guide).

But...shouldering at least 8k/yr as a non-minority student; though many have extolled the quality of training LIU provides.

Good Luck.

hey, i interviewed on saturday. i work w/ a 4th yr in the program and she said they're interviewing about 100, will admit around 25 & ultimately have a class of 10-15, i think.
the atmosphere was fairly low-key. i interviewed w/ dr. wong, who was pretty dynamically oriented ("so... where would you like to start? why do you think you felt that way?") and asked a lot of questions about my ethnic identity. ;-) but don't be put off by poker faces or other neutral affect-- it's just their interview style. when you think about it, if they've already read your statement, CV & recs, it's actually a good way to get to know you. be yourself! and yes, there was also a 5th yr at my interview.
and then that's it! stick around for an hour or two to meet current & prospective students.

thanks so much for the advice!
25 out of 100 isnt so terrible...
its my first choice school, and i just don't think i am a very good interviewer.
thanks!