LIU c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i've been doing like mental gymnastics to figure out the numbers LOL so my thought process is like if they interviewed ~400 people, accepted a full class, that must mean ~300 people were waitlisted. people were told either top 50, top half, or bottom half (not sure about bottom 50). so if they're already in the bottom half, i'm assuming there must be like 150 people in the bottom half and they've already gotten through at LEAST 150 people in the top half
I have been doing the same math over and over lol. Someone posted that they first accepted 150. That leaves about 250. Spilt in half 125 each. We know they are in the bottom half somewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone called to ask about their spot on the waitlist?? i dont wanna annoy them but i really need to start like figuring out what my plan is after i graduate in a week

Members don't see this ad :)
I requested a deferral and it just got approved so I will be attending next fall 😊

Reactions: 2 users
i called yesterday and asked if they could tell me what my spot was on the waitlist. i was told the admissions committee would email me. i just got an email and all it said was that im "still on the waitlist and may not hear back until later in the summer" like?? yes i know im still on the waitlist lol

i called yesterday and asked if they could tell me what my spot was on the waitlist. i was told the admissions committee would email me. i just got an email and all it said was that im "still on the waitlist and may not hear back until later in the summer" like?? yes i know im still on the waitlist lol
Yeah I don't get why they can't tell us a number and where they are at

Reactions: 1 users
maybe more people will hear back today since they gave them until the 3rd 🤞

Just letting people know there is now an OFFICIAL LIU V27 Page on FB! Posted on APVMA!

Has anyone heard anything from the waitlist this week? Hope all is well with everyone!
no :( this sucks so much. i graduate on saturday and i have no idea what to do. i don't want to commit to a job or a place to live if this is still up in the air. it's really messed up that they refuse to tell us our spot on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got off the waitlist at a school much closer to home! so i will be declining my seat. I hope it goes to one of you lovelies ❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I just got pulled off the IS waitlist as well!! I was in the bottom-half of applicants, but I will be declining my seat. Best of luck to everyone, and I hope my seat goes to one of you! :claps:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I just got pulled off the IS waitlist as well!! I was in the bottom-half of applicants, but I will be declining my seat. Best of luck to everyone, and I hope my seat goes to one of you! :claps:
Did they tell you when you had to tell them by? Or did you mean you got called off your IS waitlist? The anxiety of waiting to hear back is killing mee, but thank you for the luck and congratulations!!

Hi, did anyone get the email to register for classes? I’m trying to follow the instructions, but I unfortunately don’t see where to click on “My Center.” Can someone DM me if they can help?

Edit: I figured it out. DM me if you need any help.

Last edited:
Did they tell you when you had to tell them by? Or did you mean you got called off your IS waitlist? The anxiety of waiting to hear back is killing mee, but thank you for the luck and congratulations!!
Yes they gave me a deadline of May 15th (they sent me the acceptance email on May 10th, so five days to formally commit and submit a $500 deposit).

And sorry I should’ve been more clear! I’m from NYC so I am an IS applicant for LIU, and I was in the bottom half of the IS waitlist. I officially declined my seat yesterday since I already committed to an OOS school.

I hope this clarifies things! And it looks like they’re going pretty far down the waitlists this year so don’t lose hope!! ☺️

Yes they gave me a deadline of May 15th (they sent me the acceptance email on May 10th, so five days to formally commit and submit a $500 deposit).

And sorry I should’ve been more clear! I’m from NYC so I am an IS applicant for LIU, and I was in the bottom half of the IS waitlist. I officially declined my seat yesterday since I already committed to an OOS school.

I hope this clarifies things! And it looks like they’re going pretty far down the waitlists this year so don’t lose hope!! ☺️
Thank you so much!!! Congratulations on your OOS!!

• Care

So are there two different types of waitlist groups? In state and out of state?

anyone have any updates :’) losing hope

how many spots are there usually?
i really can't get over them being so unwilling to tell us what our spots are if we specifically ask... i understand it's within their rights but i just don't get what the reason is? inconvenience? i can't imagine the list is super long, how many of us could there possibly be??

Hi, what is everyone using as far as devices for school go? After speaking to some people at LIU, they all use iPads, but would owning a Microsoft SurfacePro help as well? I’m deciding what device would be the best for taking notes for when we start this fall.

Hi, what is everyone using as far as devices for school go? After speaking to some people at LIU, they all use iPads, but would owning a Microsoft SurfacePro help as well? I’m deciding what device would be the best for taking notes for when we start this fall.
The Ipads are used for taking exams! Personally, I also use my Ipad and Apple Pencil to take notes. However, I think any brand of tablet would be okay.

how many spots are there usually?
i really can't get over them being so unwilling to tell us what our spots are if we specifically ask... i understand it's within their rights but i just don't get what the reason is? inconvenience? i can't imagine the list is super long, how many of us could there possibly be??
There are ~109 people in the second year class

The Ipads are used for taking exams! Personally, I also use my Ipad and Apple Pencil to take notes. However, I think any brand of tablet would be okay.
I completely agree. Though for first year, you do not want your tablet to be too heavy as you have to walk around the lab during Anatomy Exams with it in your hands. I have an iPad Air and absolutely love it. Also a second year :)

Happy Friday!

Does anyone know if the class is full or if they are still pulling from the waitlist? Remaining hopeful :giggle:

• Care
Hopefully they are going to tell everyone when the class has been fully seated. Anyone who's been accepted, has anything been said to you guys abt if it's full?

Hi everyone!! I was on the waitlist and they stated I was in the bottom half, but I was taken off last Wednesday! Not sure if the class is fully seated yet, but they haven’t made any announcements about it.

• Love
Hi everyone!! I was on the waitlist and they stated I was in the bottom half, but I was taken off last Wednesday! Not sure if the class is fully seated yet, but they haven’t made any announcements about it.
Thanks for the update :)