LIU c/o 2027

Started by yelenaMV
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just accepted and feel like I know nothing about LIU. What are you guys weighing into your decisions about the veterinary school? I am from the midwest so I am worried it will be a large culture shock change.
 
I also just received an acceptance! I was not in the top 50. Has anyone had trouble creating their LIU account? It keeps saying my information was not found.

Does anyone also know anything about deferring their acceptance? I'm going through some extenuating circumstances and emailed Carmen but didn't know if anyone else was thinking about deferring a year.
 
I also just received an acceptance! I was not in the top 50. Has anyone had trouble creating their LIU account? It keeps saying my information was not found.

Does anyone also know anything about deferring their acceptance? I'm going through some extenuating circumstances and emailed Carmen but didn't know if anyone else was thinking about deferring a year.
where you in the bottom portion or just in the middle do you know?
 
I also just received an acceptance! I was not in the top 50. Has anyone had trouble creating their LIU account? It keeps saying my information was not found.

Does anyone also know anything about deferring their acceptance? I'm going through some extenuating circumstances and emailed Carmen but didn't know if anyone else was thinking about deferring a year.
I am thinking about deferring as well. Please let me know if you find anything out!
 
Just got my acceptance and I’m not in the top 50 either. I also feel like I know nothing about LIU and I was all set on going to St George’s. Would love to stay in the US but I feel very unprepared for LIU. Any advice?
 
Agh I promised I won’t check this form cause I’m in the bottom 50 but seeing everyone in the middle sections getting acceptances is giving me hope 🥲 when I know I shouldn’t be expecting anything lol
 
Just got my acceptance and I’m not in the top 50 either. I also feel like I know nothing about LIU and I was all set on going to St George’s. Would love to stay in the US but I feel very unprepared for LIU. Any advice?
I was able to go to the accepted students day in person and got some answers to questions I had. I’m blanking on what they were but if you have any questions I can try my best to let you know what was said!!
 
When they sent out the original email did they tell people they were in the top 50? How do we know that these new acceptances are from the mid 50?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think some people heard top 50, some heard waitlist, and others heard bottom half …but that’s a guess from what I’ve heard on here
 
For anyone who got an acceptance today, when do you need to tell them if you are taking the seat or not? Just trying to figure out if there will possibly b more sent out this week
 
Just got my acceptance and I’m not in the top 50 either. I also feel like I know nothing about LIU and I was all set on going to St George’s. Would love to stay in the US but I feel very unprepared for LIU. Any advice?
I was in the same boat last cycle. Committed to SGU, and ended up getting to LIU. I’m finishing my first year at LIU. Feel free to PM me with any questions!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any accepted students having hard time with the account activation? I’ve been trying to accept my seat for a couple days and it kept saying my info wasn’t found in the system and I tried emailing the school and calling the IT help desk and I got no responses.
 
Any accepted students having hard time with the account activation? I’ve been trying to accept my seat for a couple days and it kept saying my info wasn’t found in the system and I tried emailing the school and calling the IT help desk and I got no responses.

I waited an HOUR on the phone with the IT help desk [emoji23] but I was told to use the LIU ID in the decision email as the SSN! That should work. I just submitted my deposit
 
AFter you submit your deposit, is there another portal to go to? Or do I just wait for an email?

I just printed the receipt to my deposit. After that, I created my MyLIU email (it’s gmail-based one I think). After that, nothing as of right now to do but to wait I’m guessing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know where most people live their first year? On campus? Apartment complexes?
Rising 2nd year. A lot of first years live on campus, but some also live off campus. It depends on your preference. Feel free to PM me with specific questions. I lived on campus my first year.
 
Literally like, how big is the bottom half? That’s what I’m wondering.
i've been doing like mental gymnastics to figure out the numbers LOL so my thought process is like if they interviewed ~400 people, accepted a full class, that must mean ~300 people were waitlisted. people were told either top 50, top half, or bottom half (not sure about bottom 50). so if they're already in the bottom half, i'm assuming there must be like 150 people in the bottom half and they've already gotten through at LEAST 150 people in the top half
 
i've been doing like mental gymnastics to figure out the numbers LOL so my thought process is like if they interviewed ~400 people, accepted a full class, that must mean ~300 people were waitlisted. people were told either top 50, top half, or bottom half (not sure about bottom 50). so if they're already in the bottom half, i'm assuming there must be like 150 people in the bottom half and they've already gotten through at LEAST 150 people in the top half
I have been doing the same math over and over lol. Someone posted that they first accepted 150. That leaves about 250. Spilt in half 125 each. We know they are in the bottom half somewhere.
 
has anyone called to ask about their spot on the waitlist?? i dont wanna annoy them but i really need to start like figuring out what my plan is after i graduate in a week