You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LIU c/o 2027
Started by yelenaMV
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Roxxistevens
New Member
They are pretty bad at communication. Plus the in person event was given barely any notice even when I asked about it months ago. I will attend the remote event, but luckily visited the campus 2 months ago when I was local. Brand new veterinary building, and a great horse stable setup, but I was a little sad to see how small the location was compared to other veterinary campuses. I used to live in NJ for years, and luckily this campus is about an hour out of manhattan, so trying to find an apartment near Queens, but the campus itself has nothing interesting nearbyI’m a little disappointed that 75% of the class won’t be able to go to accepted students day tbh
I met some of the staff and they were amazing. If you would go to the admissions building, someone will speak with you. Everyone I spoke to was helpful. They do have housing just for Vet Students, which is a plus, and no fees for parking permits. So, if you have a car, no parking permit fee is huge. The campus is a bit isolated being that you can’t just walk off campus to do mundane shopping, etc.They are pretty bad at communication. Plus the in person event was given barely any notice even when I asked about it months ago. I will attend the remote event, but luckily visited the campus 2 months ago when I was local. Brand new veterinary building, and a great horse stable setup, but I was a little sad to see how small the location was compared to other veterinary campuses. I used to live in NJ for years, and luckily this campus is about an hour out of manhattan, so trying to find an apartment near Queens, but the campus itself has nothing interesting nearby
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have kinda a silly question but if anyone is going to accepted students day tomorrow, are you bringing partners/ family? My parents are dying to see the campus but I’m not sure if I should bring them honestly
liagonzalez
Full Member
I’m bringing my Boyfriend with, I don’t see why it should be a problem to bring them but tbh I didn’t put much thought into it I just assumed you could bring at least one person if not more.I have kinda a silly question but if anyone is going to accepted students day tomorrow, are you bringing partners/ family? My parents are dying to see the campus but I’m not sure if I should bring them honestly
I’m bringing my Boyfriend with, I don’t see why it should be a problem to bring them but tbh I didn’t put much thought into it I just assumed you could bring at least one person if not more.
I emailed and asked, they said you can bring 2 guests🙂
Roxxistevens
New Member
Please take pictures and post here of the inside of the new building! If possible!
futurevetjess
Full Member
I wonder how many people were at accepted students day cause I feel like that would give us an accurate count of how big the class is atm
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
i think there was only around 30
I wonder how many people were at accepted students day cause I feel like that would give us an accurate count of how big the class is atm
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
i think there was only around 30
The FB page has 29 ppl so I feel like that’s accurate!
runningwithriley
Full Member
I don't think we are going to hear until after the 17th.Gosh this stress is literally eating me alive
I don't think we are going to hear until after the 17th.
I agree. I completely forgot about LIU at this point and already plan on reapplying next cycle. It’s better for my mental health and sanity anyways to assume the worst and if I get good news I’ll be genuinely surprised. Losing my mind isn’t going to make the admissions team make quicker decisions [emoji23]
futurevetjess
Full Member
I wish I could move on that easily 😭 I’m a 2nd time applicant and I really really don’t want to have to apply again hahaI agree. I completely forgot about LIU at this point and already plan on reapplying next cycle. It’s better for my mental health and sanity anyways to assume the worst and if I get good news I’ll be genuinely surprised. Losing my mind isn’t going to make the admissions team make quicker decisions [emoji23]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know it may be hard, but try not to lose hope completely. Last year LIU’s waitlist was moving a lot all the way until august!
runningwithriley
Full Member
Is it ranked?I know it may be hard, but try not to lose hope completely. Last year LIU’s waitlist was moving a lot all the way until august!
devhallihan
Full Member
just declined my oos seat! best of luck to everyone on the waitlist❤️
Last year it wasn’t. We were just told if we were on the top, middle or bottom 1/3 of the list. I know every year is different but I know that at least one person was accepted fromIs it ranked?
the bottom 1/3 last year 🙂 Feel free to PM with any questions
runningwithriley
Full Member
Thank you!Last year it wasn’t. We were just told if we were on the top, middle or bottom 1/3 of the list. I know every year is different but I know that at least one person was accepted from
the bottom 1/3 last year 🙂 Feel free to PM with any questions
And when do they inform us where we are?
Thanks again!
As far as I remember it was a couple days after decision day. So mid-late AprilThank you!
And when do they inform us where we are?
Thanks again!
Has anyone called them recently to ask if any decisions are going out this week?
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Has anyone called them recently to ask if any decisions are going out this week?
They’re probably not gonna send out any info until after the acceptance day. If you interviewed and haven’t heard anything back yet, you’re probably on the waitlist :/ I wish they’d communicate more with us too
has anyone been in communication with them this week and do they know if they are sending anything else out?
My advice would be to defer your acceptance! Remain an "accepted student" for the following classes year, assuming LIU honors deferments. This way you have plenty of time to weigh all of the pros and cons of all of your options!Hello All! I was accepted to the LIU program, but honestly it was alittle higher than my ideal budget, so unsure if I'll attend or go to united kingom, which is 80k cheaper. I have lots of friends and family near LIU which makes it a more ideal choice, but between the price and how new the program is, I'm still debating.
Any advice?
Congrats on your acceptance! I hope this helps.
has anyone been in communication with them this week and do they know if they are sending anything else out?
I emailed them earlier today regarding my own app. because I interviewed back in Jan. but heard nothing since then. I’ll post something if they send anything regarding general admissions decisions.
DVMHopeful2027
Full Member
Just got email saying I was top 50 for waitlist! Wish they would say what number
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Just got email saying I was on the waitlist!
Just got email saying I was on the waitlist!
Me too! I’m glad I heard back.
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Does anybody know if they’ve ever sent out offers to people at the bottom of the waitlist? In my email they said I wasn’t in top 50 but they didn’t say I was in the bottom either
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
Same but not top halfJust got email saying I was on the waitlist!
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?
runningwithriley
Full Member
I am bottom half. Congratulations to all of those who made it!Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?
I believe everyone who interviewed is on the waitlist. I think they gave out 150 initial offers, there were 400 total slots for interviews. Let's say 20 people declined. Would think around 230
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
I am bottom half. Congratulations to all of those who made it!
I believe everyone who interviewed is on the waitlist. I think they gave out 150 initial offers, there were 400 total slots for interviews. Let's say 20 people declined. Would think around 230
Did your email specifically say you were in the bottom half? My email said that I was “not among the top 50” but it didn’t say I was in the “bottom half” either.
runningwithriley
Full Member
yesDid your email specifically say you were in the bottom half? My email said that I was “not among the top 50” but it didn’t say I was in the “bottom half” either.
futurevetjess
Full Member
Same here! 🤞🏻🤞🏻Waitlist email, bottom half. I'm still remaining hopeful 😊
DVMHopeful2027
Full Member
Just received offer! Will be declining for my in-state, good luck everyone!
ThinkBucket12
Full Member
Just got my offer!!!
cclements612
Full Member
Did they say you were in the top 50 people or top half of the waitlist? Just trying to see how fast they're moving through the waitlist. I'm bottom half 🙁Just got email saying I was top 50 for waitlist! Wish they would say what number
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Just got my offer!!!
We’re you top 50 or top half?
ThinkBucket12
Full Member
Top 50!We’re you top 50 or top half?
brianna birdsall
New Member
OOS acceptance this morning but will be declining bc I got accepted at LMU!!
Do we know how many spots have been taken so far?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
runningwithriley
Full Member
According to the Facebook group 40. I am bottom half I am not holding out much hope.Do we know how many spots have been taken so far?
where is the facebook group?
runningwithriley
Full Member
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
where is the facebook group?
There’s 45 people in the group right now. Assuming there are some people who might not be in the group yet…I’m guessing maybe 60-65 seats are filled?
runningwithriley
Full Member
I'd guess a little less than that. But again just guessing. And that will not help me get in lolView attachment 369668
There’s 45 people in the group right now. Assuming there are some people who might not be in the group yet…I’m guessing maybe 60-65 seats are filled?