LIU c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To give my personal POV and add onto this. I am a second time applicant. Last year I applied to LIU and was told 3 days before classes started that I was accepted off the waitlist. To say it left a sour taste in my mouth is an understatement. I understand life happens and sometimes things are last minute but as much as we respect Universities, our time and lives should also be respected. Thankfully I will be accepting my seat at another institution this year. I was hoping LIU would be more direct with communications this year but seems not. I am sure its a great University for education but to me, communication is key.
LIU is not alone in this. Other Universities have a skewed way of working their waitlists. I believe it was 150 acceptances for 100 open slots. They are waiting to see how many decline on April 17 or before.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello All! I was accepted to the LIU program, but honestly it was alittle higher than my ideal budget, so unsure if I'll attend or go to united kingom, which is 80k cheaper. I have lots of friends and family near LIU which makes it a more ideal choice, but between the price and how new the program is, I'm still debating.
Any advice?
LIU has a great faculty. It is a new program and are still working out their kinks. Saving 80K is huge. Your decision will depend on how quickly you can adjust living in a foreign country, cost of living, etc. The experience would be great though. Good luck with your choice.

anyone know if it’s true that last year everyone who was interviewed was either accepted or waitlisted? do we have any idea if that’s true for this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m a little disappointed that 75% of the class won’t be able to go to accepted students day tbh
They are pretty bad at communication. Plus the in person event was given barely any notice even when I asked about it months ago. I will attend the remote event, but luckily visited the campus 2 months ago when I was local. Brand new veterinary building, and a great horse stable setup, but I was a little sad to see how small the location was compared to other veterinary campuses. I used to live in NJ for years, and luckily this campus is about an hour out of manhattan, so trying to find an apartment near Queens, but the campus itself has nothing interesting nearby

They are pretty bad at communication. Plus the in person event was given barely any notice even when I asked about it months ago. I will attend the remote event, but luckily visited the campus 2 months ago when I was local. Brand new veterinary building, and a great horse stable setup, but I was a little sad to see how small the location was compared to other veterinary campuses. I used to live in NJ for years, and luckily this campus is about an hour out of manhattan, so trying to find an apartment near Queens, but the campus itself has nothing interesting nearby
I met some of the staff and they were amazing. If you would go to the admissions building, someone will speak with you. Everyone I spoke to was helpful. They do have housing just for Vet Students, which is a plus, and no fees for parking permits. So, if you have a car, no parking permit fee is huge. The campus is a bit isolated being that you can’t just walk off campus to do mundane shopping, etc.

I have kinda a silly question but if anyone is going to accepted students day tomorrow, are you bringing partners/ family? My parents are dying to see the campus but I’m not sure if I should bring them honestly

I have kinda a silly question but if anyone is going to accepted students day tomorrow, are you bringing partners/ family? My parents are dying to see the campus but I’m not sure if I should bring them honestly
I’m bringing my Boyfriend with, I don’t see why it should be a problem to bring them but tbh I didn’t put much thought into it I just assumed you could bring at least one person if not more.

I’m bringing my Boyfriend with, I don’t see why it should be a problem to bring them but tbh I didn’t put much thought into it I just assumed you could bring at least one person if not more.

I emailed and asked, they said you can bring 2 guests:)

Please take pictures and post here of the inside of the new building! If possible!

I wonder how many people were at accepted students day cause I feel like that would give us an accurate count of how big the class is atm

Gosh this stress is literally eating me alive

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think we are going to hear until after the 17th.

I agree. I completely forgot about LIU at this point and already plan on reapplying next cycle. It’s better for my mental health and sanity anyways to assume the worst and if I get good news I’ll be genuinely surprised. Losing my mind isn’t going to make the admissions team make quicker decisions

I agree. I completely forgot about LIU at this point and already plan on reapplying next cycle. It’s better for my mental health and sanity anyways to assume the worst and if I get good news I’ll be genuinely surprised. Losing my mind isn’t going to make the admissions team make quicker decisions
I wish I could move on that easily 😭 I’m a 2nd time applicant and I really really don’t want to have to apply again haha

Third year applicant here… if I don’t get it I’m going to Ross..they require commitment on the 15th

I know it may be hard, but try not to lose hope completely. Last year LIU’s waitlist was moving a lot all the way until august!

just declined my oos seat! best of luck to everyone on the waitlist❤️

Is it ranked?
Last year it wasn’t. We were just told if we were on the top, middle or bottom 1/3 of the list. I know every year is different but I know that at least one person was accepted from
the bottom 1/3 last year :) Feel free to PM with any questions

Last year it wasn’t. We were just told if we were on the top, middle or bottom 1/3 of the list. I know every year is different but I know that at least one person was accepted from
the bottom 1/3 last year :) Feel free to PM with any questions
Thank you!

And when do they inform us where we are?

Thanks again!

Has anyone called them recently to ask if any decisions are going out this week?

They’re probably not gonna send out any info until after the acceptance day. If you interviewed and haven’t heard anything back yet, you’re probably on the waitlist :/ I wish they’d communicate more with us too

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone been in communication with them this week and do they know if they are sending anything else out?

Hello All! I was accepted to the LIU program, but honestly it was alittle higher than my ideal budget, so unsure if I'll attend or go to united kingom, which is 80k cheaper. I have lots of friends and family near LIU which makes it a more ideal choice, but between the price and how new the program is, I'm still debating.
Any advice?
My advice would be to defer your acceptance! Remain an "accepted student" for the following classes year, assuming LIU honors deferments. This way you have plenty of time to weigh all of the pros and cons of all of your options!
Congrats on your acceptance! I hope this helps.

has anyone been in communication with them this week and do they know if they are sending anything else out?

I emailed them earlier today regarding my own app. because I interviewed back in Jan. but heard nothing since then. I’ll post something if they send anything regarding general admissions decisions.

Does anybody know if they’ve ever sent out offers to people at the bottom of the waitlist? In my email they said I wasn’t in top 50 but they didn’t say I was in the bottom either

Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?
I am bottom half. Congratulations to all of those who made it!

I believe everyone who interviewed is on the waitlist. I think they gave out 150 initial offers, there were 400 total slots for interviews. Let's say 20 people declined. Would think around 230

I am bottom half. Congratulations to all of those who made it!

I believe everyone who interviewed is on the waitlist. I think they gave out 150 initial offers, there were 400 total slots for interviews. Let's say 20 people declined. Would think around 230

Did your email specifically say you were in the bottom half? My email said that I was “not among the top 50” but it didn’t say I was in the “bottom half” either.

Waitlist email, bottom half. I'm still remaining hopeful 😊

Reactions: 1 users
Just received offer! Will be declining for my in-state, good luck everyone!

Just got email saying I was top 50 for waitlist! Wish they would say what number
Did they say you were in the top 50 people or top half of the waitlist? Just trying to see how fast they're moving through the waitlist. I'm bottom half :(

OOS acceptance this morning but will be declining bc I got accepted at LMU!!