LIU c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
No email yet from LIU…anyone gotten a rejection email yet?

Reactions: 1 users
No email yet from LIU…anyone gotten a rejection email yet?
Nope — didn’t get an interview invite but didn’t get a rejection either. So now we wait 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone else unable to enter their VMCAS ID into the interview sign up or is that just me lol
I couldn't enter an ID either. I got a confirmation email that the interview was set up though, so I think it's ok! Congratulations!

OOS interview invite! I did not see a place for VMCAS ID either

OOS MMI interview invite!!

Got an MMI invite! I’m IS, if that matters. Good luck to everyone who will get/got an interview!

Anyone else unable to enter their VMCAS ID into the interview sign up or is that just me lol
Was able to schedule the appointment without putting it in. It had an LIU ID

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone who received an interview invite !! I haven't heard anything yet but I'm holding out hope that they're gong to be doing another round. Best of luck y'all !

Reactions: 3 users
OOS interview! It wasn’t in my primary inbox though so make sure your check spam, advertisement, or social mail if you haven’t already.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t received anything yet… hopefully is not a rejection

Does the school do rolling interviews, or does everyone find out at the same time?
In the past they’ve done rolling interviews, one set sent in December and another in january. However people are confused because they sent an email this year saying before December 16th- but it seems like a lot of people, myself included have yet to receive anything

Reactions: 2 users
In the past they’ve done rolling interviews, one set sent in December and another in january. However people are confused because they sent an email this year saying before December 16th- but it seems like a lot of people, myself included have yet to receive anything
do y’all think it would be rude to email admissions and ask them if more interviews will be extended? I know they’re probably busy but like it’s the holiday season and my anxiety is through the roof

do y’all think it would be rude to email admissions and ask them if more interviews will be extended? I know they’re probably busy but like it’s the holiday season and my anxiety is through the roof
I honestly don’t think they will be sending out more interview invites with how many slots there are as of now (450)

• Sad
I don’t think it would hurt, especially considering the confusion around the email and what they’ve done in past cycles. If they’re not doing anymore interviews I don’t know why they would hold off on sending rejections

Reactions: 2 users
they may wait to see if anyone doesn’t accept their interview and then give the interview to someone else

For those of you who got an interview invite, what email was it from? I got the second email telling me the VMCAS ID was not required to schedule the MMI, and to refer to the original email for remaining instructions, but I never received the original invite from yesterday morning. I've checked all of my mailboxes too.

I've replied to the email, but I'm worried because it's the weekend and I know they will probably not get back to me until at least Monday. Also not trying to get my hopes up in case that email was sent in error lol

For those of you who got an interview invite, what email was it from? I got the second email telling me the VMCAS ID was not required to schedule the MMI, and to refer to the original email for remaining instructions, but I never received the original invite from yesterday morning. I've checked all of my mailboxes too.

I've replied to the email, but I'm worried because it's the weekend and I know they will probably not get back to me until at least Monday. Also not trying to get my hopes up in case that email was sent in error lol
my original email was in my gmail promotions folder!

Did they give any insight on how many MMI questions to expect and style of questions?

Nope. Just "Several stations" on scenarios for 40 mins so I assume it's a lot. Or at least 3-4 scenarios with 10 minutes each.

I saw someone post on FB that apparently there have been rejections that have gone out. I didn’t receive one so I can’t verify if this is true myself but I just thought that some of you would want to know.

I saw someone post on FB that apparently there have been rejections that have gone out. I didn’t receive one so I can’t verify if this is true myself but I just thought that some of you would want to know.
What group did you see that in?

Someone on the Facebook page posted that admission said last Friday was the first day of invites and to keep checking emails until late January! So don’t lose hope yet if you’re like me and didn’t get an email! :)

Hi! I’m super nervous because I’ve never done an MMI interview before. Does anyone who’s done MMIs before or interviewed with LIU in the past have any examples of questions they asked?

Where did they say that they wanted our fall 2022 transcripts? I haven't seen anything saying that we needed to send them yet

Hi! I’m super nervous because I’ve never done an MMI interview before. Does anyone who’s done MMIs before or interviewed with LIU in the past have any examples of questions they asked?

I’m in the same boat. Only traditional interview for me
I’m gonna practice based off of YouTube videos, hoping that’ll help me.

Does anyone know if we need to send our fall transcripts? I can't find the info on their website (I emailed last week and they haven't responded yet).

I’m in the same boat. Only traditional interview for me
I’m gonna practice based off of YouTube videos, hoping that’ll help me.
I've done a couple MMI's this cycle and what helped me a ton was the Bemo academic counseling channel on youtube. They have videos telling you how to like answer the questions and what aspects to look at (like answer the hidden aspect, analyze all the factors and parties involved, find the most ideal solution for everyone) and faculty have stated several times they liked my answers and how I answered all the parts of them. I think if you do what they say you'll be fine!!!

Had my interview today! Can't say much, but it was definitely doable and not very stressful at all. Y'all got this!

agree! it was very straightforward and everyone was super nice! good luck everyone!

Interview wasn’t bad at all! The faculty were super kind and supportive and receptive to my answers. Went very quickly and smoothly!

How many questions did they ask?
And do you rotate interviewer for each question?
We got 3 questions. 3 minutes of prep, 7 minutes total to answer (I went over a little bit). Not sure cause the lady in charge said we could start whenever, but my interviewers made me take the whole 3 minutes to stay on schedule- I didn’t mind though. I got a few follow up questions based on my answers but they were quick since it was easy to talk the whole time.

If you're able to share - are they scenario based questions like CASPER with vet med content or more traditional based?