You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LIU c/o 2027
Started by yelenaMV
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i checked last years forum out of curiosity to see if it would give any hints as to when a second wave of invites would be sent out. Looks like last year the second wave was sent out in Jan 11th!Has anyone heard anything about another round of MMI? The silence is deafening!
gmaf
Full Member
Thank you!!! I’m so so antsy about this interview!i checked last years forum out of curiosity to see if it would give any hints as to when a second wave of invites would be sent out. Looks like last year the second wave was sent out in Jan 11th!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
devhallihan
Full Member
does anyone know how long after interviews we get decisions?
They said March today in the interviewdoes anyone know how long after interviews we get decisions?
Did everyone who interviewed send an email after thanking the interviewers? I didn’t have time to write down everyone’s names 😭
Did everyone who interviewed send an email after thanking the interviewers? I didn’t have time to write down everyone’s names [emoji24]
I sent a thank you email to the LIU vet med email but I did not have time to take down each other the interviews names either. I just directed it to the admissions committee.
Does LIU have a portal?
no they don’t
276dvmtrack
Full Member
Does anyone know how many people are offered an interview? They only offer 100 seats a year 🫠
276dvmtrack
Full Member
Nvm just found on AAVMC they interviewed 400 peopleDoes anyone know how many people are offered an interview? They only offer 100 seats a year 🫠
applicant20011217
Full Member
Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites?
dogscats123
New Member
I got an interview but was never asked to send a transcript, where did people see that
I just called them and they said hold off on sending fall transcripts until they request them, so we don’t have to worry about that for a while
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cricevet1090
New Member
It looks like that last year, acceptance letters were sent out starting at the end of January. I remember hearing something about March in the interviews. Did they say we would hear something by March or starting in March??
276dvmtrack
Full Member
It looks like that last year, acceptance letters were sent out starting at the end of January. I remember hearing something about March in the interviews. Did they say we would hear something by March or starting in March??
They said we’d hear in March, no specification of when.
This is only LIU’s 4th go at this, they’re trying to find the style and dates that work best for them, which still seems wonky at times but they’re holding their own. Last few years they tried rolling admissions style and as seem by the previous threads it was not well-received as they don’t have the communication needed. So I think pushing forward the decision date to actually make a list of accepted, waitlist and rejections works great for them cuz they get a lot of acceptances who give up their seat to go somewhere else.
dogscats123
New Member
How many questions were there for the interview?
devhallihan
Full Member
4How many questions were there for the interview?
pitmastiffluv
Full Member
Mine last week was 3How many questions were there for the interview?
D
deleted1153530
So if decisions are coming out in March, how could they be doing rolling admissions? Would they not have to let those from the first round know they are accepted before they interview more people? When I spoke to their admissions department, I was told that they are doing multiple waves till early February but this makes no sense based on what I am reading here
According to last year's LIU thread, invites were sent out today. Wondering if anyone received an email today.
gmaf
Full Member
Nothing for me 🙁According to last year's LIU thread, invites were sent out today. Wondering if anyone received an email today.
Nothing here, either. This is a kind of anxiety I have never known lolNothing for me 🙁
276dvmtrack
Full Member
They’re NOT doing rolling admissions. I think they dropped that either last year or the year before someone said in the old threads. They said we’d hear from them in March in the interviews. So they’re probably making lists of whose accepted/waitlisted and rejected. So that the order is already chosen if someone denies their seat they can just go down the list.
I don’t think anyone is gonna hear until March like they said. It’s probably best to not go by the previous threads since theyre so new its changing every year
I don’t think anyone is gonna hear until March like they said. It’s probably best to not go by the previous threads since theyre so new its changing every year
276dvmtrack
Full Member
You may hear from them for interview waves—-im not sure when their next wave is going out but if you havent been invited yet there still may be a chance!
Just had my interview with them, now we wait 🥲
How did it go?Just had my interview with them, now we wait 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just had my interview with them, now we wait 🥲
I have it soon, I’m so nervous [emoji28]
How did it go?
It was probably the most stressful interview for me, mainly because I want to go here so badly that I was too nervous [emoji28] but the interviewers were so nice and that helped me relax
I have it soon, I’m so nervous [emoji28]
You got this!! Good luck!!
You got this!! Good luck!!
Thank you! You got this too!
lauren0413
New Member
If we haven't received an interview at this point, does it mean we will be receiving a rejection letter?
D
deleted1153530
unsure, I was the one who called on the 16th and the admissions assistant made it sound like it was in wavesIf we haven't received an interview at this point, does it mean we will be receiving a rejection letter?
I’m wondering the exact same thingIf we haven't received an interview at this point, does it mean we will be receiving a rejection letter?
I feel the same way 😞If we haven't received an interview at this point, does it mean we will be receiving a rejection letter?
Was December 16th the only date invites were sent out ?
D
deleted1153530
I called them on the 16th and was assured this was not the caseI feel the same way 😞
Was December 16th the only date invites were sent out ?
In prior years people who received interviews in the first round got acceptances this week. Is there a reason why this won't be the case this year?
They did say in the interview we would hear March..but gosh I hope they were just saying that so we didn’t have expectations to hear soon just in case they got behindIn prior years people who received interviews in the first round got acceptances this week. Is there a reason why this won't be the case this year?
D
deleted1153530
I might call again. Has no one else attempted to call them? I seriously cannot be the only person who did
As a new vet school, I think they’re just figuring out how to best go about this process which is why it’s different from last cycle. If they say March, I would just trust them that decisions will be out by then. I know the waiting game sucks but it makes sense, they only had one wave of interviews so far so I think it’s just a way to do all the interviews and THEN organize acceptances and waitlists. Hang in there guys [emoji4]
lauren0413
New Member
I called and emailed Dana on Monday and I’m still waiting for a response
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lauren0413
New Member
Just spoke to LIU. They said that they don’t know if they’re sending out anymore interviews. She told me that we’re just gonna have to wait until the end of February when they send out their application status updates.
Not the news I was hoping for since I was still waiting for an interview. 😞Just spoke to LIU. They said that they don’t know if they’re sending out anymore interviews. She told me that we’re just gonna have to wait until the end of February when they send out their application status updates.
Best of luck to all those interviewed already.
charliesmom98
Full Member
I figured this because it seems they sent out a lot of interview invites in the first wave. 🤷♀️Just spoke to LIU. They said that they don’t know if they’re sending out anymore interviews. She told me that we’re just gonna have to wait until the end of February when they send out their application status updates.
Just spoke to LIU. They said that they don’t know if they’re sending out anymore interviews. She told me that we’re just gonna have to wait until the end of February when they send out their application status updates.
maybe they still will, it does seem to be a little late in the game to invite people to interview at the end of February
276dvmtrack
Full Member
I’m sorry to everyone feeling disappointed. It definitely sucks to basically feel the rejection before it hits 🙁
I will admit there were a LOT of interviews, like way more than the years prior I’m pretty sure? There were multiple time blocks in one day with 8 slots on each block—and it was over like 5-6 days.
I will admit there were a LOT of interviews, like way more than the years prior I’m pretty sure? There were multiple time blocks in one day with 8 slots on each block—and it was over like 5-6 days.