LIU or UPEI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lentilsmom

stressy and depressy
Reaction score
I accepted my seat at Prince Edward Island and was pulled from the waitlist at LIU. I’m from california and the thought of living in New York is more appealing than going through the process of moving to Canada, but PEI is a more established vet school. They’re about the same price. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

If I were in your position, I would choose PEI. It is a more established school, and there is a teaching hospital. Personally, I would not want to worry about where I will be going for clinical rotations. However, we’re obviously different people and if being in the US is more important then that’s that. Also, PEI has a small class size is which is unique and also something that impresses me.

Reactions: 3 users
I accepted my seat at Prince Edward Island and was pulled from the waitlist at LIU. I’m from california and the thought of living in New York is more appealing than going through the process of moving to Canada, but PEI is a more established vet school. They’re about the same price. Thoughts?

Congrats!!

I think I saw that you posted before with concerns about moving to Canada. If you are having the same concerns (sounds like you might be but I'm not sure if you are feeling any better about it now vs before) and are OK with a distributive model for clinical year, then LIU might make more sense for you.

Do you have time to visit LIU/have you talked to current students?