RVC vs Edinburgh vs LIU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurevet28

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I got accepted to RVC and am on the fence to whether or not go to the interview for Edinburgh. I would have to travel for it which is costly. RVC tuition is more expensive however, it is fully accredited with no deficiencies. But I think the Edinburgh NAVLE pass rate is higher. And is living in Edinburgh cheaper? (International student)

Lastly, it would be cool to live in New York, however LIU is brand new, and we don't know how the graduates will be in the real world yet. Additionally, the NAVLE passing rate has not been shared yet.

Help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I’m from the area near LIU and I can tell you the COL is out the wazoo ridiculous and their tuition is also RIDICULOUSLY expensive as well. They also don’t have a teaching hospital. It’s off to a good start to their program as it is new, but I couldn’t overlook those factors, personally. London and Edinburgh will be similar cost of living, with both being major UK cities. I recommend posting on the AVMA Facebook and asking to talk with RVC and Edinburgh students/grads. I know people personally at both programs and they RAVE about their experiences. My good friend at RVC is having the time of her life and is obsessed with the school and their program. But every person will be different!

I would avoid RVC at all costs. Edinburgh would be lovely and rvc's navle pass rate was in the 60s last year so I wouldn't bank on that accreditation staying.