¡Llamando a los hispanohablantes!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sir, correct all you want, but I got my point across. The words I use have the same meaning.
hasta ahorita = As of right now
se mira = it looks like
:thumbup:
They are colloquialisms, not synonyms. :p These will come in handy.

"Hispanohablante" is sort of a misnomer. In Brazil they speak Portuguese, are they "hispanos"? In Bolivia they speak English, are they "hispanos"? In Peru they also speak Qechua, are they "hispanos"? etc. etc.

Citizens of Brazil and Bolivia are considered to be from hispanic origin as they were both colonized by Iberian nations (Spain & Portugal).

Members don't see this ad.

Hispano - colonial Spanish descent.
Hispanohablante - talks Spanish.

They are colloquialisms, not synonyms. :p These will come in handy.

Citizens of Brazil and Bolivia are considered to be from hispanic origin as they were both colonized by Iberian nations (Spain & Portugal).
Gotcha. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we have made our points. Can we get this thread back to the SDN members who want to practice their Spanish? Thanks. :)

:laugh: Que es eso?

04_sotw_lg.jpg

:thumbup::bow:

Reactions: 1 user
Si les gustan bocadillas/carne/ hamburguesas , también deben comer un chivito! Un plato nacional de Uruguay :D!

...Es como un ataque de colesterol para la cena :laugh:

1381029124903.jpg

Behold,
... una Cemita! :love:
img_2011-04-08_10-018.jpg

:oops: :hungover:rool: :eek:

Last edited:
Necesito usar Duolingo mas...

Vivía con un chico de Noruega cuando estudiaba en Argentina y él no pudo hablar nada en español. Practicaba cada día antes de la clase con duolingo y aprendio muy rápido. Es bueno para revisar reglas gramaticales y palabras! Quiero que haga una programa similar para vietnamita :p

Last edited:

:eyebrow:

You sir, are gravely mistaken. Although Brazilians are considered Latinos (Latin Americans), they do NOT fall under the Hispanic label. They are latin because they
descend from and share cultural ties with a Latin country (Portugal) but they have no ties to Spain thus are not Hispanic. Hispanic= of Spanish Decent. Latin= of Latin decent (which includes Spain, Italy, France, Romania). The ties can be either genetic OR cultural. Thus, purebred Amerindians residing in Latin America who speak a native tongue are not considered Latinos or Hispanic in any shape or form. However, Amerindians that have adopted the Latino culture and individuals who are admixed with or are purebred European Latinos fall under these labels accordingly. All hispanics are iberian but not all Iberians are Hispanic (aka the Portuguese).

Last edited:
"Hispanohablante" is sort of a misnomer. In Brazil they speak Portuguese, are they "hispanos"? In Bolivia they speak English, are they "hispanos"? In Peru they also speak Qechua, are they "hispanos"? etc. etc.

Ao médico, ao letrado e ao abade, falar verdade

I presume you mean Belize not Bolivia, right? Because they DEFINITELY speak Spanish in the majority of Bolivia....Belize is about 3/4 English & 1/4 Spanish depending on where you are in the country

.... quiero resucitar esta fiesta...

Feliz Año Nuevo!! :)

Reactions: 1 user