LMU c/o 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do the earliest interviews hear in December or is it just random?
Just random. I’m not sure how many they’ve interviewed so far but essentially the top 50 of those people Is how I take it

Members don't see this ad.

Do the earliest interviews hear in December or is it just random?
It's random. Only a few will receive the early admissions in December so don't panic if you had an early interview and don't hear back in December. The majority of acceptances are sent out after interviews are done in February.

It's random. Only a few will receive the early admissions in December so don't panic if you had an early interview and don't hear back in December. The majority of acceptances are sent out after interviews are done in February.
Is it truly random? Or is it their top candidates from the first block of interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it truly random? Or is it their top candidates from the first block of interviews?
It's random as in, it doesn't matter if you were the first interview or the last interview, before they select the 'early' admissions candidates. Last year there were people who interviewed in December and were accepted in the first batch.

It's random as in, it doesn't matter if you were the first interview or the last interview, before they select the 'early' admissions candidates. Last year there were people who interviewed in December and were accepted in the first batch.
Gotcha. Thanks! So they have their own kind of early cutoff and pick their candidates from that batch. I was definitely overthinking it.

Hi all! I interviewed in late October and got the interview invite in early October (I submitted my app on Sept 9, and I think I was in the first round of people offered an interview). I know LMU doesn't distinguish between IS and OOS but I'm a TN resident - and still have not heard anything regarding a decision :)
Was it a blind interview? How formal would you say the interview was?

Was it a blind interview? How formal would you say the interview was?
they had no application materials in front of them but it was decently formal... they were nice but it wasn't the friendliest interview I've had because there were only 15 minutes

they had no application materials in front of them but it was decently formal... they were nice but it wasn't the friendliest interview I've had because there were only 15 minutes
I will say I think the “less friendliness” of it is majorly due to the time restraint to get through as much as possible. Pre-covid you would do two 15 minute interviews each with one interviewer so essentially with covid they pushed two interviews into one. I also think it depends on who is interviewing you - of my two the one definitely seemed more serious while the other more relaxed and less intimidating

How many more rounds of invites do we think there will be?

I know pre-Covid they still did interviews In January, not sure how it’s changed though with Covid and doing interviews online

Reactions: 1 user
Last year and the year before they sent out a round of invites in mid-December. Last year they did not release another round in January but two years ago they did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Somebody in my feed posted a photo of their acceptance letter. I was also confused since I thought it was early, but it was a physical copy, and it looked like it was dated the 25th. Maybe they mailed it Wednesday?
Wait. Where did you see that?

Somebody in my feed posted a photo of their acceptance letter. I was also confused since I thought it was early, but it was a physical copy, and it looked like it was dated the 25th. Maybe they mailed it Wednesday?
Your feed on here or somewhere else? I’m not doubting you I’m just confused because I thought they said December and now I’m freaking out

Your feed on here or somewhere else? I’m not doubting you I’m just confused because I thought they said December and now I’m freaking out
It was on social media. I don’t know this person, just friends with their SO and the SO was the one that posted. I’m also freaking out lol I checked my mailbox today, but nothing so far. I can only assume this person interviewed really early?

Does that person also receive the acceptance letter through email? I am freaking out right now....
I’m not sure. I don’t know them personally, I’m just friends on social media with their SO. The SO had posted like a “so proud of you” type post.

It was on social media. I don’t know this person, just friends with their SO and the SO was the one that posted. I’m also freaking out lol I checked my mailbox today, but nothing so far. I can only assume this person interviewed really early?
I’m freaking out now and I’m searching an estimate on how many days it takes mail to get to me from there

I’m freaking out now and I’m searching an estimate on how many days it takes mail to get to me from there
It seems odd to me that we would get a physical letter prior to an email. I was so surprised I had to read the post twice. When I interviewed, they didn’t mention any kind of timeline as to when I should hear back. I should have asked.

It seems odd to me that we would get a physical letter prior to an email. I was so surprised I had to read the post twice. When I interviewed, they didn’t mention any kind of timeline as to when I should hear back. I should have asked.
I’m not surprised. Some schools still do formal letters in the mail. They may send those first then emails in December 🤷🏼‍♀️ But I’m freaking out. Considering there have been no posts here, I’m guessing there’s not emails going out yet. Can I ask if you know where this person lives? LIEK how far from the school?

I’m not surprised. Some schools still do formal letters in the mail. They may send those first then emails in December 🤷🏼‍♀️ But I’m freaking out. Considering there have been no posts here, I’m guessing there’s not emails going out yet. Can I ask if you know where this person lives? LIEK how far from the school?
We both live in WNC, roughly two hours away. You?

We both live in WNC, roughly two hours away. You?
WNC? I’m up in Pennsylvania so….according to a lot of googling apparently takes about 3 days for letters to get up here. Not sure how I trust that though haha

Ahhh okay okay. I was very thankful you said about 2 hours or I would’ve been lost
Maybe this person just happened to get one early, and the rest will follow in a few days? Or maybe they’re sending letters as they accept people, instead of a batch? Either way, stay hopeful! Best of luck!

Maybe this person just happened to get one early, and the rest will follow in a few days? Or maybe they’re sending letters as they accept people, instead of a batch? Either way, stay hopeful! Best of luck!
You also gotta consider the mail right now. I know people that have mailed stuff at the same time and gets to the same place in different time frames

I’ve talked to this girl on IG who is at LMU so I just messaged her to ask about letters and e-mails for acceptances!! I will update with an answer!!

I live an hour from LMU but my parents are away on vacation and I'm away at college!! I can't check my mailo_O

Wondering if I should email the admissions team and ask if they are sending mailed or emailed acceptances :/

I just received an acceptance letter. No sign of an email at all. I thought it was pretty strange because traditionally it is December.

I am a current first year! Last year they did emails, followed by a formal paper copy a few weeks later. That must have changed this year though.

I just received an acceptance letter. No sign of an email at all. I thought it was pretty strange because traditionally it is December.
Can I ask where you’re from? Wanna see how far letters have made it!

this is sooo nerve wracking! I interviewed in October and have no way to check my mail rn, and I live an hour away from Harrogate!!!

this is sooo nerve wracking! I interviewed in October and have no way to check my mail rn, and I live an hour away from Harrogate!!!
Is there anyone checking on the house for your parents? (I’m not sure if there’s any pets someone would be taking care of) they could probably check for you if asked, or ask a friend if anyone is home to check for you.

I am a current first year! Last year they did emails, followed by a formal paper copy a few weeks later. That must have changed this year though.
I’m not sure how they’ve done it in the past, but maybe this is more normal and last year emails went out first with how extremely delayed and behind the mail was? Just an idea 🤷🏼‍♀️

Okay now I’m sad that you’re in NY because I’m in PA and I was using distance to rationalize not getting anything yet
There’s still a lot of time! It’s very early! All mail from Buffalo gets sent to Tennessee first (not sure why) so maybe mail between the two states moves faster??

There’s still a lot of time! It’s very early! All mail from Buffalo gets sent to Tennessee first (not sure why) so maybe mail between the two states moves faster??
Okay that’s a small sigh of relief…mail delivery paths make little sense 😂 I also gotta remind myself I’m in the middle of nowhere so my mail has to go through multiple locations to get to me but still gonna stress

I got my acceptance letter in the mail in PA today!! Best of luck to everyone. I believe in you all!

I'm not sure if proximity to LMU makes any difference in how soon the mail would arrive, but I am starting to lose hope for an early acceptance.
Don't lose hope. Even if you don't get an early acceptance that doesn't mean you won't get in. You got this!

Reactions: 2 users
I just received my acceptance in the mail today. I live in a rural town two hours from from NYC for reference. I have not received any emails or seen a change in the portal. Letter is dated for 11/23 and stamped for 11/23.

Good luck to everyone! Be patient! Snail mail is..snaily.

Reactions: 1 users