-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU c/o 2026 hopefuls
Started by TinyTheRunner
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Still waiting. Interviewed in NovemberAnyone still waiting? I was interviewed in February
I’m still waiting! I interviewed November 1stAnyone still waiting? I was interviewed in February
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shyannar1133
Full Member
Still waiting Interviewed Nov 1st or 2nd.Anyone still waiting? I was interviewed in February
nikhennum14
New Member
I’m still waiting too. Interviewed in February
animaldoctor10
Full Member
I’m also still waiting and interviewed in JanuaryAnyone still waiting? I was interviewed in February
elleym8
Full Member
Yay so happy for you!!!I just got accepted!!! I interviewed in October. They gave me until the 29th to put my deposit down! I’m so excited!!!!!
SLudwig
New Member
I am still waiting as well, also interviewed in February.Still waiting, interviewed in February🙂
Wrangler1499
New Member
Accepted this morning via email!
natalietrantham
Full Member
Congrats to everyone! Did anybody get anything in the mail? When I went to the tour they mentioned we would be getting something in the mail with a list of things we need to get for 1st semester, etc
SLudwig
New Member
I'm not sure... Kinda hoping no news is good news..Does anyone know if they are sending rejections as well or just leaving everyone else hanging lol
You should get an actual letter in the mail about 2 weeks after they send the email acceptance. They will also send out an email with a list of what you need either later this month or at the beginning of next month.Congrats to everyone! Did anybody get anything in the mail? When I went to the tour they mentioned we would be getting something in the mail with a list of things we need to get for 1st semester, etc
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Catherine Jameson
New Member
Hi everyone!! I have been following this thread for a LONG time. I accepted my seat at LMU 3 days ago. I am so so so excited to start this journey. 💗
Catherine Jameson
New Member
Is there a website that sells lmu cvm merchandise?
There isn't an official one because all the CVM merch is sold through the different clubs on campus. I know people had some made through various etsy shops before school started though.Is there a website that sells lmu cvm merchandise?
Kaneko180012
Full Member
There's a single CVM item on the official shop. It's a decal sticker. If you find any third party seller with good items, please let us know! I'd be interested in getting spirit items as well.Is there a website that sells lmu cvm merchandise?
ijustwanttobeavet01
Full Member
Oos offer declined! Good luck everyone ❤️
shyannar1133
Full Member
I agree. I've been in the process of deciding if I should go back to college for some additional classes vs work full time or what, and this wait is not making the decisions easier. Sadly, I have the mind set (for me at least) that I'm not getting in this cycle and that I need to figure out what my next step is. I'm upset to think that way cause I would love to get accepted; but we all feel the same and should get accepted as well; just facing reality for me unfortunately.This waiting is painful lol
elleym8
Full Member
I’m literally in the exact same situation. It’s almost impossible to plan this upcoming year while we still wait. I’ve gone into the same mindset unfortunately that I need to plan on building my resume for a year. It sucks cuz I want to still hope for the best but I’m running out of time🙁I agree. I've been in the process of deciding if I should go back to college for some additional classes vs work full time or what, and this wait is not making the decisions easier. Sadly, I have the mind set (for me at least) that I'm not getting in this cycle and that I need to figure out what my next step is. I'm upset to think that way cause I would love to get accepted; but we all feel the same and should get accepted as well; just facing reality for me unfortunately.
shyannar1133
Full Member
100% agree. In my area it is really hard to get livestock experience in general; but other experience outside of General dog and cat practice is really hard. Again the conversation of working full time vs. going to school and working part time....I’m literally in the exact same situation. It’s almost impossible to plan this upcoming year while we still wait. I’ve gone into the same mindset unfortunately that I need to plan on building my resume for a year. It sucks cuz I want to still hope for the best but I’m running out of time🙁
I've even looked at internships and stuff in other states, and even master's programs (deadline has already passed for basically all of them)
elleym8
Full Member
I'm honestly thinking about emailing and asking what they think we should do because I cannot just plan day by day if I want to have a good chance of getting in next cycle. I honestly think the best thing we could do is plan like we are not getting in so that we can set up opportunities to build our applications because I would rather cancel those to go to school than wait too long and miss out on them.100% agree. In my area it is really hard to get livestock experience in general; but other experience outside of General dog and cat practice is really hard. Again the conversation of working full time vs. going to school and working part time....
I've even looked at internships and stuff in other states, and even master's programs (deadline has already passed for basically all of them)
DogtorWilliams1031
LMU c/o 2026!
Hey, if you don't get in this cycle keep your head up. A lot of people don't get in their first try (I didn't). LMU has a one-year master's degree if you want to go that route! The application for it does not close until July 22nd! You even get to take anatomy with the first year students.
elleym8
Full Member
Which masters program is it?? The veterinary one I found was 3 semestersHey, if you don't get in this cycle keep your head up. A lot of people don't get in their first try (I didn't). LMU has a one-year master's degree if you want to go that route! The application for it does not close until July 22nd! You even get to take anatomy with the first year students.
shyannar1133
Full Member
My issue with a lot of these masters degrees is that they require the GRE, and I didn't take it and honestly don't really plan on taking it. I have no preparation for it, nor do I think I would do well on the test and have it reflect me as a student.Hey, if you don't get in this cycle keep your head up. A lot of people don't get in their first try (I didn't). LMU has a one-year master's degree if you want to go that route! The application for it does not close until July 22nd! You even get to take anatomy with the first year students.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shyannar1133
Full Member
Should be this one: Veterinary Biomedical ScienceWhich masters program is it?? The veterinary one I found was 3 semesters
I was looking at this too
DogtorWilliams1031
LMU c/o 2026!
It is the veterinary biomedical science! The one that LMU has is 2 semesters. If you get a 3.0 then you are guaranteed an interview to the vet school. It is definitely worth checking in to
DogtorWilliams1031
LMU c/o 2026!
They do not require the GRE for the VBMS program (the other medical masters they do but not for the vet one). It doesnt reflect on your ability as a student and shouldn't define acceptance which is why the vet masters does not require it.My issue with a lot of these masters degrees is that they require the GRE, and I didn't take it and honestly don't really plan on taking it. I have no preparation for it, nor do I think I would do well on the test and have it reflect me as a student.
elleym8
Full Member
I actually think I might do this! Thank you so much for the recommendation!It is the veterinary biomedical science! The one that LMU has is 2 semesters. If you get a 3.0 then you are guaranteed an interview to the vet school. It is definitely worth checking in to
DogtorWilliams1031
LMU c/o 2026!
If you have any questions about it you can personal message me! I loved the program. I got in and I feel a lot more confident going into vet school. I developed study techniques and met some of my really good friends from the program. Also, if you get a B in the CVM course and matriculate into the vet school then you do not have to retake them in first year so you get those hours free to focus on your other course work. Or work. Or research. There's options. Check it out!
Hey everyone! I saw some comments about not knowing what to do since you haven’t heard a final decision. I was in that boat last year. I looked into options for classes that would be June-August or self paced and able to get completed before the application deadline. I was already working full time but I found another job in a vet clinic which helped me get hours for the application. If anyone wants any advice or to talk, send me a message!!!
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
Does anyone here know what day orientation starts? Trying to figure out when I have to move down, haha!
DogtorWilliams1031
LMU c/o 2026!
It looks like classes start on the 8th so I would assume that orientation starts on Aug 1st. I hope we get our packet in the mail soon!
oos rejected today, already accepted somewhere else 🙂
good luck y'all
good luck y'all
shyannar1133
Full Member
Oh really. I thought it did when I was reading it, maybe I just misread it then. Thanks!They do not require the GRE for the VBMS program (the other medical masters they do but not for the vet one). It doesnt reflect on your ability as a student and shouldn't define acceptance which is why the vet masters does not require it.
shyannar1133
Full Member
You just gave me the thought of looking at summer classes. It's not too late for me to sign up and start so possibly might be doing thisHey everyone! I saw some comments about not knowing what to do since you haven’t heard a final decision. I was in that boat last year. I looked into options for classes that would be June-August or self paced and able to get completed before the application deadline. I was already working full time but I found another job in a vet clinic which helped me get hours for the application. If anyone wants any advice or to talk, send me a message!!!
Last year orientation was the wednesday-friday before the first day of class.Does anyone here know what day orientation starts? Trying to figure out when I have to move down, haha!
I definitely waited til June to start but I gave myself a personal timeline of when I’d expect to not hear anything from the school I was waitlisted at 😂You just gave me the thought of looking at summer classes. It's not too late for me to sign up and start so possibly might be doing this
lurkingbcihatewaiting
Full Member
what packet are you referring to? is it something separate from the acceptance? thanks!It looks like classes start on the 8th so I would assume that orientation starts on Aug 1st. I hope we get our packet in the mail soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DogtorWilliams1031
LMU c/o 2026!
Yep, they send accepted students a packet after they get their acceptance letter. It should have the list of things we need to start vet school in the fall and other information about orientation and maybe some other things. I'm not sure exactly what's in it but I know that we should get one.
I think it might be only for people who deposit at LMU then as I was accepted back in December and never received a packet like thatYep, they send accepted students a packet after they get their acceptance letter. It should have the list of things we need to start vet school in the fall and other information about orientation and maybe some other things. I'm not sure exactly what's in it but I know that we should get one.
DogtorWilliams1031
LMU c/o 2026!
Maybe, I don't think they have sent them out yet either. They could be waiting to send them out until they know the majority of the class that is attending.I think it might be only for people who deposit at LMU then as I was accepted back in December and never received a packet like that
You'll need to purchase one before the start of school as you will start using it your first semester. LMU doesn't require a specific one so whichever one you chose is fine.I was just wondering when/how most LMU students get their stethoscopes? I think my gf wants to get me one as a graduation gift, but I was curious what other students do