LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing from LMU yet šŸ˜­ I suspect we might hear back next week when the deadline is due

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I was recently accepted into my top OOS program earlier this week so will be pulling myself off the waitlist! Best of luck to all ā¤ļø

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an acceptance this morning at 9:30 AM!

Been stalking this thread since the start of the cycle but didnā€™t make an account- posting now to maybe give someone else that feels like me some hope!

From Canada, interviewed November, waitlisted on April 19th.

Applied to 7 US schools, rejected from all 6 others.

GPA 3.6 for last 45 and prerequisites, 3.5 for Science courses.

About 10000 hours animal experiance at dog daycare, equestrian facility and a short bit on a turkey farm, and then volunteering with a dog rescue.

About 6000 hours with a vet, all small animal GP, across 3 different clinics.

One reference from manager of equestrian facility, 3 from vets all from same clinic, and 1 from a proffessor.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users

Been stalking this thread since the start of the cycle but didnā€™t make an account- posting now to maybe give someone else that feels like me some hope!

About 10000 hours animal experiance at dog daycare, equestrian facility and a short bit on a turkey farm, and then volunteering with a dog rescue.

One reference from manager of equestrian facility, 3 from vets all from same clinic, and 1 from a proffessor.
Yay congratulations!! Be sure to join our class Facebook group. Itā€™s: LMU-CVM Class of 2027 (Blue)
šŸ’™šŸ’™šŸ’™

Reactions: 1 user

Yay! Can't wait to meet ya in the fall!

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else having trouble submitting their address on the matriculation box email survey?

Couldnā€™t get mine to work last night, but I havenā€™t tried it again today
I had trouble with it as well. But I put "x" in the apartment slot and then it finally worked even though the question said optional.

Praying that my ā€œyesā€ will come soon

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know of anyone who lives or has lived in a camper for vet school??

Is the class at full capacity?

Thereā€™s around 100 people in the Facebook group so Iā€™m gonna say itā€™s getting close but I think theyā€™ll send out an email once all the seats are filled

So i just called and they said that they are at capacity, but could pull from the waitlist.. so idk

Whoā€™d you talk to? They told me theyā€™re still extending offers

Idk she didnt say her name she sounded confused. She was like ā€œwe are at capacity, but theres a waitlistā€ it was not a very informative call lol

LMU works as a rolling admissions. So I believe all of the offers are out, meaning the class is full. If someone declines then they would send out additional offers and pull from the waitlist. You can't go off of the facebook group because it includes current students and faculty.

LMU works as a rolling admissions. So I believe all of the offers are out, meaning the class is full. If someone declines then they would send out additional offers and pull from the waitlist. You can't go off of the facebook group because it includes current students and faculty.

Makes sense! I was just using the Fb group as a very rough estimate since they donā€™t really tell us much

It's probably way too early to be asking this, and I'm not sure if theres current students on this form who may be able to help, but is there any way to know about what our fall class/ exam schedule will look like? Reason for asking is my one of my best friends got engaged, wants me to be her bridesmaid in a wedding the last weekend of October and I want to know if I should ask her to find a new bridesmaid or If I might be able to fly/drive to Western New York for it?

Received an acceptance yesterday and will be attending!

Reactions: 3 users
It's probably way too early to be asking this, and I'm not sure if theres current students on this form who may be able to help, but is there any way to know about what our fall class/ exam schedule will look like? Reason for asking is my one of my best friends got engaged, wants me to be her bridesmaid in a wedding the last weekend of October and I want to know if I should ask her to find a new bridesmaid or If I might be able to fly/drive to Western New York for it?

You wonā€™t really know your schedule until the week before classes when they explain how to download your schedule on Outlook. If you all are similar to my schedule as Iā€™m apart of the silver cohort, then I donā€™t believe we have exams that weekend, but donā€™t hold your breath as things can change. I believe you do get personal days you can use towards those events, but you have to get approval. Personally, I would inform my friend that I will try to make it pending my school schedule and will let you know early August. Administration will discuss personal days and other things at orientation.

Iā€™m in the EXACT same position

Currently first years are allowed up to 4 personal days to use as you wish. You just have to submit them at least 5 days in advance. They could change that between now and August but it shouldn't be an issue if you ask in advance.

I just paid my fee, do we get the welcome box shortly after paying the fee?

Hey everyone I was wondering what other people got in their welcome box. Mine looked opened when j received it and just want to make sure Iā€™m not missing anything

Congrats to everyone whoā€™s been accepted. Still crossing my fingers šŸ˜­šŸ¤žšŸ¼

Hey everyone I was wondering what other people got in their welcome box. Mine looked opened when j received it and just want to make sure Iā€™m not missing anything
Mine had a folder with the list of supplies weā€™ll need, a paper about the summer anatomy course, a flyer for becoming a military veterinarian, a squishy Abraham Lincoln stress toy, an LMU folder, pen + pad, a little fabric banner that has the school on it, and a whole bunch of blue paper confetti lol

Got an acceptance yesterday!!!! Is anyone else having troubles logging into their LMU net account?

Do yā€™all think that they wonā€™t send out any more rejections until after the first week of classes? I still havenā€™t heard anything like some of yā€™all and Iā€™m starting to wonder if i shouldnā€™t go ahead and start my VMCAS application again.

Do yā€™all think that they wonā€™t send out any more rejections until after the first week of classes? I still havenā€™t heard anything like some of yā€™all and Iā€™m starting to wonder if i shouldnā€™t go ahead and start my VMCAS application again.
Go ahead and start the application. At this point you need to assume youā€™ve been rejected

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my application for January yesterday because I havenā€™t heard back.

I submitted my application for January yesterday because I havenā€™t heard back.
It doesnā€™t seem like LMU has updated their website regarding the January class. Iā€™m assuming thereā€™s no earlier deadline than September for applying to the spring cohort?

It doesnā€™t seem like LMU has updated their website regarding the January class. Iā€™m assuming thereā€™s no earlier deadline than September for applying to the spring cohort?
I thought I read somewhere that May 31st is the recommended deadline, actual deadline is June 30th.

IMG_4814.png

It has been updated to reflect the Spring Cohort timeline.

I emailed previously to take my name off the waitlist, however yesterday I woke up to an email that I was offered a seat for Fall. Will be declining as I was accepted to a different school. Best of luck to those still waiting to hear! šŸ˜Š

• Care
I just received an email stating I need to enroll in organic chem II with lab as that is a pre-requisite. I didn't see that on the LMU website or AAVMC website that it is required for LMU. Has anyone else encountered this issue?? I don't want to take a course and then not get in if other schools don't require it.