LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all! I will be withdrawing my application with LMU, as I have accepted a seat somewhere else! Good luck!!
Congratulations on the acceptance!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how long after April 15th will they start sending out offers for those waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long after April 15th will they start sending out offers for those waitlisted?
It depends on when people send in that they are declining. It can start the day after the 15th and go all the way until the first week of class

Reactions: 1 user
Guys i need some words of encouragement or advice. I’ve been waitlisted at my IS and no word from LMU on this cycle so i’ve been trying to start my new application and i know my weak spot was vet hours. I have cold-called and applied to 17 different practices and have no luck at all. I don’t know what to do. Only one practice allows short term shadowers. Please help or send good vibes my way😭😭

• Care
Please deny/withdraw your application if you do not want to go to this school , thanks.

Guys i need some words of encouragement or advice. I’ve been waitlisted at my IS and no word from LMU on this cycle so i’ve been trying to start my new application and i know my weak spot was vet hours. I have cold-called and applied to 17 different practices and have no luck at all. I don’t know what to do. Only one practice allows short term shadowers. Please help or send good vibes my way😭😭
If you have the opportunity to shadow anywhere, I would take it for sure! Short term opportunities can turn into a long term opportunity. If you have a vet your family or you go to, I would recommend reaching out to them as well. I think you should also look into shelters as they may have vets that come in infrequently & have a practice that they work at too. This would be a good opportunity for you to work with them. When I first started shadowing many years ago, I made cold calls!

Has anyone heard if they are planning on sending waitlists out before decision day?

Declined my seat, hope someone gets good news soon!

• Care
Got accepted yesterday!! Don’t give up hope everyone!! Now I will be deciding between LMU and LIU.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
If we haven’t heard from LMU does that mean that you are on the alternative list?

Members don't see this ad :)
If we haven’t heard from LMU does that mean that you are on the alternative list?
I don’t think so. It appeared that some people found out that they were waitlisted last year after the decision day passed. I had thought the schools had to notify applicants of their status ( waitlisted, accepted, rejected) by the national deadline. It doesn’t appear that it happened that way last year.

I don’t think so. It appeared that some people found out that they were waitlisted last year after the decision day passed. I had thought the schools had to notify applicants of their status ( waitlisted, accepted, rejected) by the national deadline. It doesn’t appear that it happened that way last year.
Same but if someone isn’t notified it basically means they are waitlisted anyway

Same but if someone isn’t notified it basically means they are waitlisted anyway
Lol I am not one to assume 😬. This has been an interesting cycle of unknowns.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol I am not one to assume 😬. This has been an interesting cycle of unknowns.
It’s not assuming… by definition if you are not accepted or rejected by the deadline to accept an offer you are waitlisted

I am giving up my spot at LMU and attending my in-state in Minnesota. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Has anyone heard if they are planning on sending waitlists out before decision day?
I called yesterday and they said offers could go as far as July-1st week of classes … she didn’t said anything about a “waitlist” she just said eventually you will either get a rejection or an acceptance. So idk if that’s helpful but I don’t think they will be ..

I called yesterday and they said offers could go as far as July-1st week of classes … she didn’t said anything about a “waitlist” she just said eventually you will either get a rejection or an acceptance. So idk if that’s helpful but I don’t think they will be ..
I had gotten a response back too (the generic one). It did not say anything about a waitlist either! Thanks for calling!

Declined seat at LMU! Good luck everyone!

• Care
Do we know how many people have been accepted so far? If so u can figure out roughly how many have been rejected or put on the waitlist

Just declined my seat. Good luck to those waiting to hear!

• Care
Is it possible for people to get pulled from the waitlist tomorrow??

Is it possible for people to get pulled from the waitlist tomorrow??
Tomorrow is the last day for a lot of schools (not just LMU!) for people to send in their official decision so I would guess the soonest would be Tuesday morning 🤞

how are people finding roommates that are in the blue cohort ?

The easiest way to find roommates are through three different FB groups: the CVM Housing and For Sale, LMU Professional Housing, LMU DCOM Housing pages. Just add on there that you are looking for roommates for housing you may have or that you are looking for a place that may still need a roommate. If you are looking for a place, I know someone who is still looking for a roommate for their place.

Is there a fb group for the fall cohort? just curious how many people are in there.

Is there a fb group for the fall cohort? just curious how many people are in there.
I just checked, it's at 50 members but there are 2 admins and I'm not sure how many of those are current students. So really not sure how accurate that # is!

i was just accepted for the blue cohort after previously being accepted in the silver. will be declining my seat as I have already committed to a different school. I hope this helps someone here! best of luck

• Care
Just got my acceptance but will be declining as I will be attending my IS. I also would like to note that the deadline I was given to accept this offer was May 1, so it is very possible the next wave of acceptances won’t go out until then. Good luck everyone!

• Care
OOS acceptance!!! Will be accepting seat!!! I’m literally in tears. Got email half an hour ago.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I wonder why they are not going to send emails whether we were waitlisted or rejected. I am just assuming I am waitlisted. Crossing fingers to get the good news!!

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder why they are not going to send emails whether we were waitlisted or rejected. I am just assuming I am waitlisted. Crossing fingers to get the good news!!
You are never rejected until you get a rejection email. Stay positive!! Good luck everyone!

• Care
I almost wonder if they do it to have a larger waitlist since I’m pretty sure it moves a ton? I also think it’s weird and somewhat inconsiderate to the applicants

I'm just going to continue praying 🙏 and trying to remain positive until I hear something from somewhere 🥹

• Care
I just got an acceptance email this morning omg 🥳 Hang in there everyone!! Not hearing back yet doesn’t mean you were rejected!

• Care
Acceptance received this morning around noon. Declined it as I’ve committed elsewhere. Good lucky everyone still waiting!

• Care
Ugh this is stressful lol! Congrats to everyone who got accepted though!