LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

Started by hw13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys i need some words of encouragement or advice. I’ve been waitlisted at my IS and no word from LMU on this cycle so i’ve been trying to start my new application and i know my weak spot was vet hours. I have cold-called and applied to 17 different practices and have no luck at all. I don’t know what to do. Only one practice allows short term shadowers. Please help or send good vibes my way😭😭
 
Guys i need some words of encouragement or advice. I’ve been waitlisted at my IS and no word from LMU on this cycle so i’ve been trying to start my new application and i know my weak spot was vet hours. I have cold-called and applied to 17 different practices and have no luck at all. I don’t know what to do. Only one practice allows short term shadowers. Please help or send good vibes my way😭😭
If you have the opportunity to shadow anywhere, I would take it for sure! Short term opportunities can turn into a long term opportunity. If you have a vet your family or you go to, I would recommend reaching out to them as well. I think you should also look into shelters as they may have vets that come in infrequently & have a practice that they work at too. This would be a good opportunity for you to work with them. When I first started shadowing many years ago, I made cold calls!
 
If we haven’t heard from LMU does that mean that you are on the alternative list?
I don’t think so. It appeared that some people found out that they were waitlisted last year after the decision day passed. I had thought the schools had to notify applicants of their status ( waitlisted, accepted, rejected) by the national deadline. It doesn’t appear that it happened that way last year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think so. It appeared that some people found out that they were waitlisted last year after the decision day passed. I had thought the schools had to notify applicants of their status ( waitlisted, accepted, rejected) by the national deadline. It doesn’t appear that it happened that way last year.
Same but if someone isn’t notified it basically means they are waitlisted anyway
 
Has anyone heard if they are planning on sending waitlists out before decision day?
I called yesterday and they said offers could go as far as July-1st week of classes … she didn’t said anything about a “waitlist” she just said eventually you will either get a rejection or an acceptance. So idk if that’s helpful but I don’t think they will be ..
 
I called yesterday and they said offers could go as far as July-1st week of classes … she didn’t said anything about a “waitlist” she just said eventually you will either get a rejection or an acceptance. So idk if that’s helpful but I don’t think they will be ..
I had gotten a response back too (the generic one). It did not say anything about a waitlist either! Thanks for calling!
 
Do we know how many people have been accepted so far? If so u can figure out roughly how many have been rejected or put on the waitlist
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how are people finding roommates that are in the blue cohort ?

The easiest way to find roommates are through three different FB groups: the CVM Housing and For Sale, LMU Professional Housing, LMU DCOM Housing pages. Just add on there that you are looking for roommates for housing you may have or that you are looking for a place that may still need a roommate. If you are looking for a place, I know someone who is still looking for a roommate for their place.
 
Just got my acceptance but will be declining as I will be attending my IS. I also would like to note that the deadline I was given to accept this offer was May 1, so it is very possible the next wave of acceptances won’t go out until then. Good luck everyone!
 
I wonder why they are not going to send emails whether we were waitlisted or rejected. I am just assuming I am waitlisted. Crossing fingers to get the good news!!
I almost wonder if they do it to have a larger waitlist since I’m pretty sure it moves a ton? I also think it’s weird and somewhat inconsiderate to the applicants
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad