LMU-DCOM Class of 2016!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, I got a letter. I was hoping for a phone call though. Apparently, Ray is traveling. The letter was dated for March 2nd, but the envelope was postmarked for March 5th. I live in NC, if that helps you calculate mail time.
p.s. I got the letter on March 13th.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I just got accepted, and I cannot be more excited!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: I am wondering if anyone else on here got in from my interview group. I interviewed on the 28th of February.

Also, does anyone know if there is are townhouse apartments that are close to the university? I have tried looking online,and its really hard to find places to rent!!!! I would like to rent something that has more space than an apartment, but obviously I will be happy with most anything!

Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!!!!

Hey sunshine! congrats on the acceptance!!! I was in your interview group!! I was the one in the gray suit :) I hope we get to see more of each other!

Hi, I was the blonde girl with glasses. I think you might have sat next to me in the conference room (?). My name is Stacy.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are new dorms available. Here is the email we got from Dr. Leo a few days ago.

"Dear Students,
At the foot of the DCOM hill, on the campus side, there are two dormitories – Shelton and Langley. These are the existing dorms, not the ones under construction. They have the same design/layout as the Mars and Lee buildings.

Shelton and Langley will be open for DCOM students next year. We are going to designate these two new buildings as "Quiet Buildings." These buildings will be for students who want a quieter environment than the University Inn/Mars/ Lee setting. These quiet buildings will also be alcohol free. One advantage is that you are about 60 seconds from the DCOM building.

If you want to be in one of these quiet dorms stop by our office tomorrow and let us know."
I had no idea....lol. Apparently the fact that I'm leaving next years means I won't know about such happenings!

Hey guys! Looking forward to meeting you all. Anyone know if it's difficult to find places that allow pets?
Ball realty allows pets for sure. Also, the houses end up going about half and half. I know TONS of people with pets though, so it's definitely do-able...the housing search around here just requires patience in general. You WILL find what you need, I promise. I was worried with the class size increase, but with them opening new dorm type things, plus Ball has a building currently that is not full, it should be just fine.

Is that something that is required?
I know someone else already told you that yes, orientation is required, but I just wanted to elaborate on why. It is a bit of a bore, don't get me wrong. But there are some helpful study tip type things usually, it's your chance to start to learn all the faculty be name/face (plus meet your new classmates before the craziness ensues!!) and they do a tech orientation on your snazzy new laptops. Other than that, I can't recall much- your class doesn't have to go through the speed reading class we did as far as I know :p

Hi, I just got accepted, and I cannot be more excited!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: I am wondering if anyone else on here got in from my interview group. I interviewed on the 28th of February.

Also, does anyone know if there is are townhouse apartments that are close to the university? I have tried looking online,and its really hard to find places to rent!!!! I would like to rent something that has more space than an apartment, but obviously I will be happy with most anything!

Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!!!!
No townhomes as far as I know....maybe if you venture out into the Tazewell or La Follette area?? I would stick with the Ball duplexes if you're not wanting to rent a house. There are honestly just as many, if not more, houses that rent to students. I went that route first year and LOVED it.

Honestly, I went up and couldn't find anything but Ball's apartments/duplexes. Unless you're wanting to rent or buy a house. I just threw a deposit down on a duplex to be done with it. Lol. I think it'll be a nice environment there being around virtually all students.
Hahaha...yeah, "nice." There's just kind of a running joke that you can't do anything at Ball without everyone and their mother knowing about it. But in all seriousness, it is handy. I know my classmates put on a Ball block party, where anyone interested could include their yard at the duplexes. They set up a whole long thing of people grilling out, doing outdoor games, etc. I stay there all the time with my friend to avoid the commute and I really enjoy it for the most part. It's a good location to school, too!

Hi, I got a letter. I was hoping for a phone call though. Apparently, Ray is traveling. The letter was dated for March 2nd, but the envelope was postmarked for March 5th. I live in NC, if that helps you calculate mail time.
You and Doc Stowers already on a first name basis, huh? ;) I kid, I kid...but at first, I did a double take because I was like, "Who's Ray....?" For the record, his wife is known as Mama Doc. And she's awesome :)

Man, this thread is dead. I guess everyone went to the Facebook page to talk. Anyways, I'm stoked for the school year to start. I took some kids from my undergrad up on Friday to tour and it made me even more excited.

Hey everyone. Congrats to everyone accepted to DCOM. I was recently accepted to DCOM, and I was wondering if anyone here knows/has heard how competitive the Anatomy/OMM fellowship is. I know it can vary year to year, but I talked with a second year who said although it's technically competitive, anyone who qualifies and really wants it is accepted. Anyone hear anything similar/different? thxs

I'm looking for 2 reasonably sensible people to split a house with for next semester. I drove to Harrogate last week and found 2 very promising residences. Rent would be somewhere around $ 300-400 per month. Utilities, cable, internet and other miscellaneous items could be split in thirds. Contact me with your email and I'll send pixs and the address.

Last edited: