LMU-DCOM MS Biomedical Professions 2019-2020 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted798004

Hi everyone,

I couldn't find a thread on this for this year so I went ahead and started this one. has anyone else been accepted to the program? Does anyone know if we need to submit a DO app for DCOM this upcoming year to be guaranteed interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck! Looks like a promising program!

I'm just a little unclear if we need to apply and I should prep an AACOMAS app let me know if you hear anything :)

Oh, now I understand your question a little better. So from what I know, yes you will apply to Programs via AACOMAS during the upcoming cycle and typically they are waitlisted to see what type of grades you get from the program. While those with high grades and MCAT before the program might get an acceptance, but you'll hear back.

Reactions: 1 user
ahh this is for DCOM as well? so they put us on hold and interview us in the spring once they have one semester worth of grades?

This is per my conversation with a current student in the program.
"Like the person you spoke with, I have also been wait listed. & yes, I can confirm that several other master's student have been wait listed as well. To elucidate, we are only guaranteed an interview to DCOM with a 3.0 or better per our course catalog. We are not guaranteed an acceptance. Very few schools actually guarantee an acceptance. HOWEVER, I was told by a faculty member that they wait list the MS students to continue evaluating them throughout the Spring semester. Also, they want to see how we do in Medical Neuroanatomy. I strongly believe that, at the end of the day, I will be accepted, as will most of my classmates who also have a decent application. "

Yay, I have a phone interview on Monday. :D

omg!! congrats!!

this is what they asked me.

1) why lmu?
2) what's your leadership experience if you have any?

that's all i remember bc it was like less than 10 minutes LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
Shortest and weirdest interview I ever had. I asked about the diversity at the campus and the lady told me they have my kind there LOL

it was the advisor of the program and some random professor super chill! I think you'll be fine. I feel like they weed out prior to the interview if they don't like you

Good luck! let me know how it goes! hope you get in! The turn around was less than 24 hours!

Lol, I felt a little nervous and worried. They asked alot of questions. lol

What did they ask??
I was initially told to tell me them a little about myself. Then they asked why LMU? Biggest adversity faced in life? How well do I get along with others? How do I handle stressful situations? How do I manage my time? When will my MCAT score come out? How did I prepare for them this go around?
Interviwer: "Okay, we'll get back with you by the end of the week"

oh wow, they did ask you a lot of questions! How long was the interview itself?

:banana:It was 10 mins lol, and I just got an acceptance Today. !! :woot:

Are you going to go to this program or are you waiting on hearing back from others?

ya i did the same but i remade a facebook to join the group they sent me an email with it

Are you going to go to this program or are you waiting on hearing back from others?
I mean i'm definitely taking it. I've waited so long, however I willing to hear out the other programs I applied to.

Did you decide to do on campus on off?

Off. I talked to a previous student and he said no one enjoying living on and the conditions are pretty bad

Off. I talked to a previous student and he said no one enjoying living on and the conditions are pretty bad
Yikes, that's no good. I'm trying to find some local places or something. But since I don't have FB I can't see the link they sent me .

ya so there's literally nothing LOL this is what someone recommended to me- let me copy and paste

I haven't accepted my offer yet because Idk where in the heck I'm going to live.... I am not able to find anything and the FB housing group hasn't accepted my request yet.

Hey! congrats to those that got in!! :)
I just heard back and they offered me an interview, but I'm feeling nervous lol
Any additional advice for it? Which program did everyone apply for?

I only did the MS in biomedical professionals! Good luck on your interview!

Hey! congrats to those that got in!! :)
I just heard back and they offered me an interview, but I'm feeling nervous lol
Any additional advice for it? Which program did everyone apply for?

Congrats! :) Don't worry, honestly I was nervous as well but my interview was brief, and they did not ask me any hard questions!! I personally originally applied to the AS program, but was rejected.. then they recommended to have my app transferred over to the BP one which I agreed to do.. and I was accepted in the BP program a while back!

Congrats! :) Don't worry, honestly I was nervous as well but my interview was brief, and they did not ask me any hard questions!! I personally originally applied to the AS program, but was rejected.. then they recommended to have my app transferred over to the BP one which I agreed to do.. and I was accepted in the BP program a while back!
Did they tell you why they rejected you for the AS application.?

@mp219 yeah I don't think you should stress too much about the interview process it wasn't that bad. It was about 10 mins long. This is how mines went...
"I was initially told to tell me them a little about myself. Then they asked why LMU? Biggest adversity faced in life? How well do I get along with others? How do I handle stressful situations? How do I manage my time? When will my MCAT score come out? How did I prepare for them this go around?
Interviwer: "Okay, we'll get back with you by the end of the week" Called on Mon, Accepted by Wed

Did they tell you why they rejected you for the AS application.?

@mp219 yeah I don't think you should stress too much about the interview process it wasn't that bad. It was about 10 mins long. This is how mines went...
"I was initially told to tell me them a little about myself. Then they asked why LMU? Biggest adversity faced in life? How well do I get along with others? How do I handle stressful situations? How do I manage my time? When will my MCAT score come out? How did I prepare for them this go around?
Interviwer: "Okay, we'll get back with you by the end of the week" Called on Mon, Accepted by Wed

No, they just said that the admissions made a decision about my file (rejection), but they thought that I would be a very strong candidate for the BP program if I am willing to transfer over my file.. did just that, and received acceptance!

Congrats!! Looking forward to meeting you in the fall if you decide on this program.

When I asked about the AS program they said if you are considering med school they prefer people to enroll in the BP program. That the AS is reserved for individuals who want to have a career in anatomy idk

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! Looking forward to meeting you in the fall if you decide on this program.

When I asked about the AS program they said if you are considering med school they prefer people to enroll in the BP program. That the AS is reserved for individuals who want to have a career in anatomy idk
Ahhh, okay then. I guess that sort of makes sense. Well, congratulations to all who have been accepted as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted as well. Can any current students chip in about the program from this year? I know a lot has changed (such as a guaranteed acceptance now pending a satisfactory interview if you maintain a 3.4).

• Wow
Interview invite for next week sent to me today. Stoked!

Accepted as well. Can any current students chip in about the program from this year? I know a lot has changed (such as a guaranteed acceptance now pending a satisfactory interview if you maintain a 3.4).
This program now has a guaranteed acceptance to the med school?? I think it’s just an interview. Does anyone know if all pre reqs need to be complete before application or just classes??

Last edited: