LMU DCOM vs KYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swiftjab

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i don't have the resources to attend both interviews, but if you had to pick one, which would you go to and why? Thanks!

EDIT: sorry for posting this here. I thought this was the pre-osteo forum

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i don't have the resources to attend both interviews, but if you had to pick one, which would you go to and why? Thanks!
Goto both, call both and get them to schedule your interviews close together so you can attend both of them. Skipping an interview is stupid. Especially of two schools that are within a couple hours of each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
@HandsomeRob made a very good point I totally forgot about, since both schools are rather close. If you are flying in just give yourself a few extras days between for the round trip. Take your rental car and go to both and fly back at the same airport. You can spare the $40-70 dollars worth of gas.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To schedule them together, I must push back my interview date to December. Is it worth hurting my chances to do so?

To schedule them together, I must push back my interview date to December. Is it worth hurting my chances to do so?

These are the things to consider. It is not late in the cycle at all and I believe you will have a fair shot even in December (especially since both schools interview till March-April). Both schools are very mission based, so your stats will not weigh you down as much as other schools. To top it all off, you will increase your chances of getting in by going to both interviews. Going to two only a month later is better than going to one a month earlier in this case.

In the end it is your decision, I believe you will better chance if you attend both.

Yes, what if you don't go to the one that would have taken you? I got multiple acceptances from late January/early February interviews so Dec is not too late at all.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree go to both the interviews. Being a student here at LMU DCOM, I believe once you are here it will be very hard for you to say no to my school. School has newest and some of the better facilities in the nation. Faculty is one of the best in the nation. You will love the anatomy department and the students here will take you with open arms and like family. It will be very hard to leave from here. That is what happened with me. I had multiple acceptances but just couldn't say no to LMU DCOM.

I agree go to both the interviews. Being a student here at LMU DCOM, I believe once you are here it will be very hard for you to say no to my school. School has newest and some of the better facilities in the nation. Faculty is one of the best in the nation. You will love the anatomy department and the students here will take you with open arms and like family. It will be very hard to leave from here. That is what happened with me. I had multiple acceptances but just couldn't say no to LMU DCOM.

Wait till you get on rotations

Reactions: 4 users
It isn't true for everyone though. Med school isn't a one size fits all. I'm at KYCOM and could be at DCOM, but then again it was more of there wasn't enough of a difference in the schools to me to give up my already paid my deposit at KYCOM. :rofl:

DCOM does Monday and Friday right? If it works out I'd definitely do both, DCOM Friday and KYCOM Monday. I don't mean this in a bad way, but you may not have a choice to make about choosing a school if one interview goes much better than the other. I'd definitely want double the chances.

Interviewed at both. Current student at DCOM. Knew within 30 minutes of entering KYCOM's door that I wouldn't attend that school. Didn't know it at the time but they've earned a terrible reputation.

I like DCOM and would attend here again. Location is absolutely awful though. Beautiful but aweful.

KYCOM didn't earn a bad reputation, people post on here about KYCOM who don't know anything about it, and then other idiots read it and continue to spread the fire like they know what they are talking about. I got accepted into 3 schools and I choose KYCOM, and I was scared because of all the negative comments on SDN, but I'm so glad I didn't let it stop me. I say go to both and see what feels right for you.