LMU vs. OVC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iluvhorses

Reaction score
Lincoln Memorial is about 10 hours from me, Ontario Veterinary College is about 2 hours from however I would be an international student in Canada.

LMU tuition is around 300,000
OVC tuition is around 320,00 CAD which converts to $230000 USD

Initially I said I would accept the cheapest school that accepted me, but after visiting both I see pros and cons for both schools.

LMU has a beautiful location, minimal distractions, not too far away, in the US. They do not have tracking (which can be a + or - ), no teaching hospital, they do rotations 4th year some people say they did not like, they are a brand new college, I want to go into One Health/ Food Production Medicine and it is an excellent area to be studying that.

OVC is close to home, more affordable, big city, bigger focus on one health, higher rated program, bigger university, more involved in research, also do rotations 4th year.

Location is making this difficult for me I really don't want to be in a big crowded city, where it is cold and snowing 6 months of the year, but should I just suck it up because its cheaper. OVC is a much older, much more established, and higher ranked program. I loved my tour at LMU more than OVC based on the culture, people, place, and curriculum. What other factors should I be considering, any input is helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Lincoln Memorial is about 10 hours from me, Ontario Veterinary College is about 2 hours from however I would be an international student in Canada.

LMU tuition is around 300,000
OVC tuition is around 320,00 CAD which converts to $230000 USD

Initially I said I would accept the cheapest school that accepted me, but after visiting both I see pros and cons for both schools.

LMU has a beautiful location, minimal distractions, not too far away, in the US. They do not have tracking (which can be a + or - ), no teaching hospital, they do rotations 4th year some people say they did not like, they are a brand new college, I want to go into One Health/ Food Production Medicine and it is an excellent area to be studying that.

OVC is close to home, more affordable, big city, bigger focus on one health, higher rated program, bigger university, more involved in research, also do rotations 4th year.

Location is making this difficult for me I really don't want to be in a big crowded city, where it is cold and snowing 6 months of the year, but should I just suck it up because its cheaper. OVC is a much older, much more established, and higher ranked program. I loved my tour at LMU more than OVC based on the culture, people, place, and curriculum. What other factors should I be considering, any input is helpful.
LMU tuition is around $205,000.

Thank You! I have been struggling to find a concrete number, do you have a link to where I can find that information?
No worries! It can get confusing. I found this VIN and more information on their website.https://www.vin.com/studentdebtcenter/default.aspx?pid=14352&id=7728661