Loan for international students joining NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shadhwala

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,
I have got acceptance to NYU and I come under international student category for applying loan as I am on H4.I just wanted to know if any of the NYU accepted students are in the same boat and whteher we have to start applying for the loan right now,coz when I called the financial aid she told me to wait for 2 to 3 weeks.But I have come to know that many of the students who are permanent residents are already applying for the federal loan.So please let me know what some of u are upto?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi shadhwala
me also on the same boat..they told me to wait too....and anyways im stuck ..cant find a cosigner..looks like i will have to give up my place to some one else...

life's tough

bluebirdy

shadhwala said:
Hi Friends,
I have got acceptance to NYU and I come under international student category for applying loan as I am on H4.I just wanted to know if any of the NYU accepted students are in the same boat and whteher we have to start applying for the loan right now,coz when I called the financial aid she told me to wait for 2 to 3 weeks.But I have come to know that many of the students who are permanent residents are already applying for the federal loan.So please let me know what some of u are upto?

thanks

This is what I was told when I went for NYU interview, "You should wait until you receive the final fee structure and letter confirming that. If bank verbally agree to give you loan and you can't show a letter of finance (or similar document) then your loan may be cancelled." I was told that anyone with non-immigrant / temporary visa should apply in early July. You should e-maill the finance officer at [email protected] to find out about exact situation, instead of getting hearsay advice on such important matter. Sorry I can't recall her name but e-mail adrress should be correct.

rahmed

Members don't see this ad :)
rahmed said:
This is what I was told when I went for NYU interview, "You should wait until you receive the final fee structure and letter confirming that. If bank verbally agree to give you loan and you can't show a letter of finance (or similar document) then your loan may be cancelled." I was told that anyone with non-immigrant / temporary visa should apply in early July. You should e-maill the finance officer at [email protected] to find out about exact situation, instead of getting hearsay advice on such important matter. Sorry I can't recall her name but e-mail adrress should be correct.

rahmed

the FAO name is Ms.Marysol Ayala.her id is the same.

GC holders apply for fafsa and receive a SAR (student aid report) a copy of which goes to FAO.based on that the award package is determined.please dont confuse with gc holder process and nonresident process.all of us are waiting for the award letter which gives us the exact amount for our education.only with this can we go to a bank and request the loan.if u dont have a gc please wait for the letter which we might be receiving by may 2nd or 3rd week.

Thanks rahmed and shaliraj for the guidance. Sincerely appreciate the help. Yeah probably we should wait untill we get the fee structure.

Did anyone of u find out abt the rate of interest we international students are getting for the private loans, I have come to know the citibank is the cheapest and it is 6.5%. If any one of you have a better rate then it would be great if u could kindly share with everybody.

Blue birdy dont loose heart , I am sure something will work out.

thanks again

:confused: Wanted to confirm if u the same Shadwala who I know from back home in Bangalore.Did u teach in DSCDS?Will be a co-incidence if u another Shadwala,coz I hav not heard many people by that name.If its u mail me at [email protected]
shadhwala said:
Hi Friends,

thanks

hey...

does anyone have any knowledge of a loan without a cosigner???

i really dont know if there is some way out

thanx

bluebirdy

bluebirdy said:
hey...

does anyone have any knowledge of a loan without a cosigner???

i really dont know if there is some way out

thanx

bluebirdy

hi bluebirdy,

i dont know if u know about this website.please check with it

http://www.globalslc.com/

"The Global Student Loan is the ONLY comprehensive education loan for international and distance learning students that does not require a U.S. co-signer. The Global Student Loan covers the complete cost of attending school, such as tuition, student fees, books, housing, transportation, and computer hardware and software."

goodluck and hope you would find some way out and see u in the class. :thumbup: :luck:

Hey bluebirdy you might want to check out accessgroup

thanx shaliraj and dentate ice...

im trying with your suggestions..lets see how things work..

bluebirdy]