Loan Forgiveness Petitions for PT/OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Done!! like TJBaker and mccomasg said, it takes a minute to complete.

if you're on this forum, it's in your best interest to sign.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yesss.... Everyone should share on their Facebook and current students in their class groups. We need to have this happen.
 
Last edited:
Signed. Is there even any guarantee that this will work? I feel like I've seen these types of petitions before.
 
Signed. Is there even any guarantee that this will work? I feel like I've seen these types of petitions before.

honestly, petitions themselves never really make a huge difference. More or less we're just exercising our right to free speech and kind of hoping that some politicians will make stuff happen. I doubt anything big on this issue happens within a year you know, but I think we all hope that something might work in the future.
 
Would be great, but online petitions are about the most useless thing ever, regardless of how many signatures they get.

We'd have just as much luck sacrificing a goat than a petition through whitehouse.gov

It would be better to tell the APTA that this is something they need to work on and let your wallet speak for you.
 
Would be great, but online petitions are about the most useless thing ever, regardless of how many signatures they get.

We'd have just as much luck sacrificing a goat than a petition through whitehouse.gov

It would be better to tell the APTA that this is something they need to work on and let your wallet speak for you.

Knowing that there is a voice helps build future momentum.

And I'm down with sacrificing a goat. Don't tell PETA.
 
Knowing that there is a voice helps build future momentum.

And I'm down with sacrificing a goat. Don't tell PETA.

Completely agree, but directing it at the white house petition site is as close to useless as it gets.

Instead, tell the APTA that they need to actually start taking care of their students instead of spending all their time starting fights with podiatrists and chiropractors over who can bill for certain things.

Their job is to lobby for current professionals, current students, and us future students. They are showing that they don't care about the individual at all.

There's a reason why so few PTAs are paying dues now, they don't feel like the APTA cares. Let your wallet speak for you.
 
I mean it can't hurt to at least try...it doesn't take very long to sign up either! You don't know unless you don't try. Hopefully in the next few years we get some recognition with this. I think I'll just stop paying my loans after 10 years as protest 😛
 
I mean it can't hurt to at least try...it doesn't take very long to sign up either! You don't know unless you don't try. Hopefully in the next few years we get some recognition with this. I think I'll just stop paying my loans after 10 years as protest 😛

I really wasn't joking when I said that sacrificing a goat is about as useful as this petition.

Online petitions do absolutely nothing

I'm sure that computer generated response from the white house when it reaches X0000 signatures will make everyone feel warm and important, but it won't do anything
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really wasn't joking when I said that sacrificing a goat is about as useful as this petition.

Online petitions do absolutely nothing

I'm sure that computer generated response from the white house when it reaches X0000 signatures will make everyone feel warm and important, but it won't do anything

yeesh debbie downer alert
 
Thought this would be beneficial for the good of the group.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...sts-federal-loan-forgiveness-program/rzJSKTGV

Happy signing.

Yes you have all seen this before: there is a STICKY on the PT regarding the loan repayment act with lots of info here is the link
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=828156
don't waste time w/ on line petitions. write to your congressperson directly,......facebook and your school social medias, class, etc are good places to get the word out.

I am not sure what the bill number is for the current legislature group haven't looked at this in awhile........but it is due time to start it up again.

please check out the info on the link POST # HAS THE MOST INFO helpful links