Loan Options for UQ (Canadian)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MMClark

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, recently accepted to UQ in Australia, and was wondering what my Canadian loan options would be. Is there any support from the province (Ontario - OSAP)? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

OSAP gives max 9k ish per year. Rest of it would have to come from your LOC

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, incoming first year at UQ. Could anyone please provide me with the best options for LOCs (canadian)?
Your best bet is to try apply with the bank that your potential cosigners have history with. I believe every bank requires cosigner for international LOCs. I would try applying for LOCs at multiple banks (CIBC, TD, RBC, BMO, Scotia) to see what you can get. You won't know which is the best option for you until you apply. You can't rely on these forums to tell you your best option because everyone's financial situation is different in terms their cosigner strength/credit history/assets. It's important to ask for advisors that have experience dealing with international LOCs. Im with scotiabank and had to provide cosigners with good credit history AND hard security (real estate, stocks, cash etc.) as collateral to get approved. Unsure what the policies are at the other banks.

Reactions: 1 users