loan without social security number??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sangmitr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a situation that I have no social security number but I have a co-signer.......Can anyone suggest me something for this.........people who dealt with this situation..........because i talked to few agencies and they require u to have the ssn.................
thanks,
sangmitr

Members don't see this ad.

hi
i think you can try this link{ Links of interest to foreign trained dentists }
there is some info abt loans for people on h4 visa who do not have ssn
hope this help
reet

Congrats.Have you accepted the offer at BU ?Do you mind sharing any info that you may get abt loans without ssn on this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sangmitr said:
I am in a situation that I have no social security number but I have a co-signer.......Can anyone suggest me something for this.........people who dealt with this situation..........because i talked to few agencies and they require u to have the ssn.................
thanks,
sangmitr

hey ,u can get loans without SSN provided u have a cosigner who is a US citizen/green card holder.I am currently studying in UCSF idp program and myself dont have an ssn so do some of my classmates who r on h4 and they have loans.
so dont worry,
good luck

Hello,
Most lenders ask for SSN for identification purposes.I have taken my loan from citibank and I have given them my TIN number.After they process your loan,they will assign you a different identification number or they use your Tax ID number.Don't worry... as long as your co-signer has good credit history.
Megha.

megha said:
Hello,
Most lenders ask for SSN for identification purposes.I have taken my loan from citibank and I have given them my TIN number.After they process your loan,they will assign you a different identification number or they use your Tax ID number.Don't worry... as long as your co-signer has good credit history.
Megha.
thank you both so much for your replies. :D

Hi Sangmitr,
I've not been checking SDN for a long time now...have been really busy with school.Anyways, I am a H4 visa holder and was in the same situation as you. I had a lot of trouble getting around the SSN thing. But then if there is a way that you can apply for an I-20 then you can get a temporary SSN assigned to you. You fax in that form(I-20) and your I-94 to Sallie Mae(my lender in this instance) and then they approve you for the loan. The thing is that you need not necessarily apply for a F1 visa just because you got an I-20.
Best wishes....:)

Thanks, so much , for all your replies,
I really appreciate your help . It would definitely help me to sought out things,
Thanks ,
Sangmitr
elementz said:
Hi Sangmitr,
I've not been checking SDN for a long time now...have been really busy with school.Anyways, I am a H4 visa holder and was in the same situation as you. I had a lot of trouble getting around the SSN thing. But then if there is a way that you can apply for an I-20 then you can get a temporary SSN assigned to you. You fax in that form(I-20) and your I-94 to Sallie Mae(my lender in this instance) and then they approve you for the loan. The thing is that you need not necessarily apply for a F1 visa just because you got an I-20.

I really appreciate your help . It would definitely help me to sought out things,
Thanks ,
Sangmitr
elementz said:
Hi Sangmitr,

Thanks ,
Sangmitr
elementz said:
Hi Sangmitr,

hi,

i just applied for green card and will be getting it in a year.i have been inthe country for 2+ yrs and have a desent credit score. what are my odds to get a loan without a co-signer? what solidaty are the loaners looking in my case?

thanks in advance!

Sangmitr said:
Thanks ,
Sangmitr

thanks,
sangmitr

Hi,

I was kinda in the same situation as you one year ago. I wanted to finance a Japanese car say Toyota Camry, Honda Accord or Mazda-3, but I was not eligible for any of their in-house financing program (they could not offer financing to international students, but I heard some German makes do offer OEM financing for foreign studengs and you could check it out). I was referred by my classmate that Westbon serves specifically for international students. It did not require credit history or SSN, nor did it require co-signer. I only paid 30% as down payment for my 2013 Honda Accord LX, which was super acceptable for people like me whose budget was really limited. So I strongly recommend you to try Westbon :)
For your reference, I attach the website link if you are interested:
https://www.westbon.com/

Hi Sangmitr,

Hi, how do you apply for a temporary SSN with your I 20?