Sangmitr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Columbia University
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am in a situation that I have no social security number but I have a co-signer.......Can anyone suggest me something for this.........people who dealt with this situation..........because i talked to few agencies and they require u to have the ssn.................
thanks,
sangmitr

reet

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
hi
i think you can try this link{ Links of interest to foreign trained dentists }
there is some info abt loans for people on h4 visa who do not have ssn
hope this help
reet

starwars

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
Sangmitr said:
I am in a situation that I have no social security number but I have a co-signer.......Can anyone suggest me something for this.........people who dealt with this situation..........because i talked to few agencies and they require u to have the ssn.................
thanks,
sangmitr
hey ,u can get loans without SSN provided u have a cosigner who is a US citizen/green card holder.I am currently studying in UCSF idp program and myself dont have an ssn so do some of my classmates who r on h4 and they have loans.
so dont worry,
good luck

M

megha

Hello,
Most lenders ask for SSN for identification purposes.I have taken my loan from citibank and I have given them my TIN number.After they process your loan,they will assign you a different identification number or they use your Tax ID number.Don't worry... as long as your co-signer has good credit history.
Megha.

divya

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2003
philadelphia,PA
Visit site
Status
megha said:
Hello,
Most lenders ask for SSN for identification purposes.I have taken my loan from citibank and I have given them my TIN number.After they process your loan,they will assign you a different identification number or they use your Tax ID number.Don't worry... as long as your co-signer has good credit history.
Megha.
thank you both so much for your replies. :D

elementz

Happiness and Sunshine:)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2004
I am where my heart is...
Visit site
Status
Hi Sangmitr,
I've not been checking SDN for a long time now...have been really busy with school.Anyways, I am a H4 visa holder and was in the same situation as you. I had a lot of trouble getting around the SSN thing. But then if there is a way that you can apply for an I-20 then you can get a temporary SSN assigned to you. You fax in that form(I-20) and your I-94 to Sallie Mae(my lender in this instance) and then they approve you for the loan. The thing is that you need not necessarily apply for a F1 visa just because you got an I-20.
Best wishes....:)

OP
S

Sangmitr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Columbia University
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks, so much , for all your replies,
I really appreciate your help . It would definitely help me to sought out things,
Thanks ,
Sangmitr
elementz said:
Hi Sangmitr,
I've not been checking SDN for a long time now...have been really busy with school.Anyways, I am a H4 visa holder and was in the same situation as you. I had a lot of trouble getting around the SSN thing. But then if there is a way that you can apply for an I-20 then you can get a temporary SSN assigned to you. You fax in that form(I-20) and your I-94 to Sallie Mae(my lender in this instance) and then they approve you for the loan. The thing is that you need not necessarily apply for a F1 visa just because you got an I-20.

OP
S

Sangmitr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Columbia University
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I really appreciate your help . It would definitely help me to sought out things,
Thanks ,
Sangmitr
elementz said:
Hi Sangmitr,

OP
S

Sangmitr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Columbia University
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks ,
Sangmitr
elementz said:
Hi Sangmitr,

zone32

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
Status
Dental Student
hi,

i just applied for green card and will be getting it in a year.i have been inthe country for 2+ yrs and have a desent credit score. what are my odds to get a loan without a co-signer? what solidaty are the loaners looking in my case?

thanks in advance!

Sangmitr said:
Thanks ,
Sangmitr

Sep 8, 2016
Status
Physical Therapist
thanks,
sangmitr
Hi,

I was kinda in the same situation as you one year ago. I wanted to finance a Japanese car say Toyota Camry, Honda Accord or Mazda-3, but I was not eligible for any of their in-house financing program (they could not offer financing to international students, but I heard some German makes do offer OEM financing for foreign studengs and you could check it out). I was referred by my classmate that Westbon serves specifically for international students. It did not require credit history or SSN, nor did it require co-signer. I only paid 30% as down payment for my 2013 Honda Accord LX, which was super acceptable for people like me whose budget was really limited. So I strongly recommend you to try Westbon :)
For your reference, I attach the website link if you are interested:
https://www.westbon.com/

dr bam

2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2014
Hi Sangmitr,
Hi, how do you apply for a temporary SSN with your I 20?