Loans? FAFSA? Where the heck to start!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stroszeck

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to start the whole FAFSA process and then try to secure loans, but I have absolutely NO IDEA where to start. I got accepted to a couple of schools, but since I am going to be attending Temple, and have not received any info on Fin Aid, (yes I did contact the school and they told me to go to FAFSA.org), does anyone know where to start?
Should I just fill that out? What about stafford and perkins loans, and if my parents make more than the average salary or whatever will I be denied money from the government? Any help/info would help.

Members don't see this ad.

Stroszeck said:
So I'm trying to start the whole FAFSA process and then try to secure loans, but I have absolutely NO IDEA where to start. I got accepted to a couple of schools, but since I am going to be attending Temple, and have not received any info on Fin Aid, (yes I did contact the school and they told me to go to FAFSA.org), does anyone know where to start?
Should I just fill that out? What about stafford and perkins loans, and if my parents make more than the average salary or whatever will I be denied money from the government? Any help/info would help.

Get a pin first so you can electronically sign your forms. When you get all your tax info, then fill out the forms. They are pretty easy to fill out if you have all the tax info.

Stroszeck said:

Make sure you go to www.fafsa.ed.gov, which is the official FAFSA website. FAFSA.org might redirect you there, but other websites might offer their services for a fee to fill out the applications. Everything is free on the official website.