Lobby Day in NY (scope of practice)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JEWmongous

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
Just curious if any NYCPM students went to lobby day in albany on may 8th? I understand that there is legislation to increase the scope of practice to include surgery of the ankle and soft tissue to the knee. Also other bills to change the names of podiatrists to podiatric physicians and increasing podiatry care under health/accident insurance.

I would really like to see the scope of practice bill pass (of course who wouldn't!!!). NY is one of the last remaining states with a restrictive scope of practice. Anyone (students, pods, etc) have ideas how things are looking in Albany for this specific legislation? I believe a similar scope of practice bill failed in the NY assembly last year. Let me know what you all think.