Locum tenens opportunities?

Started by HenryH
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HenryH

AA-S
Removed
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering, are there any recruiting firms that advertise locum tenens positions for pharmacists? I ran a Google search, but I didn't really find anything concise. By locum tenens, I mean a situation like the following: doing 8 weeks of work in a chosen location and earning a normal salary while an apartment/rental home is paid for by the locum agency.
 
I was just wondering, are there any recruiting firms that advertise locum tenens positions for pharmacists? I ran a Google search, but I didn't really find anything concise. By locum tenens, I mean a situation like the following: doing 8 weeks of work in a chosen location and earning a normal salary while an apartment/rental home is paid for by the locum agency.

I know they have huge corporations like that for nursing. I deal with American Mobile Nurses all the time at work. I've never heard of anything like that in Pharmacy.
 
I could be wrong, but I believe Indian Health Services offers something like that for pharmacists.
 
I've never seen it in a hospital setting.

I've seen it in a retail setting for a long-term relief position (usually in an undesirable location....thus the "why").

But....in CA....if you're working relief - you need a CA license. Don't know about other states or other fields of health care.