SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Locum tenens opportunities?

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by HenryH, Mar 4, 2007.

1. HenryH

HenryH AA-S Banned Account on Hold 10+ Year Member

Aug 24, 2005
    I was just wondering, are there any recruiting firms that advertise locum tenens positions for pharmacists? I ran a Google search, but I didn't really find anything concise. By locum tenens, I mean a situation like the following: doing 8 weeks of work in a chosen location and earning a normal salary while an apartment/rental home is paid for by the locum agency.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Farmercyst

Farmercyst On with the Poodles already Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

I know they have huge corporations like that for nursing. I deal with American Mobile Nurses all the time at work. I've never heard of anything like that in Pharmacy.

4. consultantrph

consultantrph 2+ Year Member

Feb 24, 2007
    I could be wrong, but I believe Indian Health Services offers something like that for pharmacists.

5. sdn1977

sdn1977 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I've never seen it in a hospital setting.

I've seen it in a retail setting for a long-term relief position (usually in an undesirable location....thus the "why").

But....in CA....if you're working relief - you need a CA license. Don't know about other states or other fields of health care.