Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Locum tenens opportunities?

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by HenryH, Mar 4, 2007.

1. HenryH

HenryH AA-S
    Banned Account on Hold

I was just wondering, are there any recruiting firms that advertise locum tenens positions for pharmacists? I ran a Google search, but I didn't really find anything concise. By locum tenens, I mean a situation like the following: doing 8 weeks of work in a chosen location and earning a normal salary while an apartment/rental home is paid for by the locum agency.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Farmercyst

Farmercyst On with the Poodles already
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    I know they have huge corporations like that for nursing. I deal with American Mobile Nurses all the time at work. I've never heard of anything like that in Pharmacy.

4. consultantrph

I could be wrong, but I believe Indian Health Services offers something like that for pharmacists.

5. sdn1977

sdn1977 Senior Member

I've never seen it in a hospital setting.

I've seen it in a retail setting for a long-term relief position (usually in an undesirable location....thus the "why").

But....in CA....if you're working relief - you need a CA license. Don't know about other states or other fields of health care.