Locums 1 week on/1 week off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RedandBlack7

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anybody gone from a regular position to a locums 1 week on/ 1 week off (or similar setup)? What has been your experience? I have been seeing offers of 400 an hour and able to work 60-70 hour weeks. That would be over a full time salary in only 26 weeks.
 
Has anybody gone from a regular position to a locums 1 week on/ 1 week off (or similar setup)? What has been your experience? I have been seeing offers of 400 an hour and able to work 60-70 hour weeks. That would be over a full time salary in only 26 weeks.
I get gurantee 60 hours a week one week on. Up to full time locums if I want it I actually just choose to do 40 hours at one place one week a month 7-5 Monday through Thursday

I can flex to a 5th day 24 hr call slot for 9k gurantee also.

That way I can get a 3 day weekend one my own terms.

But I’m juggling 3 different jobs these days so mixing and matching

But to answer ur questions.

Many places prefer a 2 week a month commitment these days long term.

Just remember locums is never “long term”. Get privileges at multiple places so u can bounce back and forth if one opportunity ends. The next one opens up.

Right now. I’m credential at 3 Hospital and and 2 surgery centers. So one of those places always has a need.

This is in addition to my regular full time job.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I get gurantee 60 hours a week one week on. Up to full time locums if I want it I actually just choose to do 40 hours at one place one week a month 7-5 Monday through Thursday

I can flex to a 5th day 24 hr call slot for 9k gurantee also.

That way I can get a 3 day weekend one my own terms.

But I’m juggling 3 different jobs these days so mixing and matching

But to answer ur questions.

Many places prefer a 2 week a month commitment these days long term.

Just remember locums is never “long term”. Get privileges at multiple places so u can bounce back and forth if one opportunity ends. The next one opens up.

Right now. I’m credential at 3 Hospital and and 2 surgery centers. So one of those places always has a need.

This is in addition to my regular full time job.
Would you mind PM me?
 
Has anybody gone from a regular position to a locums 1 week on/ 1 week off (or similar setup)? What has been your experience? I have been seeing offers of 400 an hour and able to work 60-70 hour weeks. That would be over a full time salary in only 26 weeks.
If you are humping during those weeks, meaning you are on call for an entire week at a time 24/7 ?? It needs to pay well.
The sleep disruption alone for an entire week is insane. It’s literally like two jobs in one.

I would only do this if it’s not high call back or if it’s only 12 hour shifts at a time. And I am not expected to work the entire 12 hours, because that does not lead to 26 weeks off really.
 
I get gurantee 60 hours a week one week on. Up to full time locums if I want it I actually just choose to do 40 hours at one place one week a month 7-5 Monday through Thursday

I can flex to a 5th day 24 hr call slot for 9k gurantee also.

That way I can get a 3 day weekend one my own terms.

But I’m juggling 3 different jobs these days so mixing and matching

But to answer ur questions.

Many places prefer a 2 week a month commitment these days long term.

Just remember locums is never “long term”. Get privileges at multiple places so u can bounce back and forth if one opportunity ends. The next one opens up.

Right now. I’m credential at 3 Hospital and and 2 surgery centers. So one of those places always has a need.

This is in addition to my regular full time job.
Appreciate all the insights. I had some questions about locums that I wanted to pick you brain about if you get a chance. Are you able to PM me? For some reason I can't message you. Thanks.