logging into AMCAS on a mac using firefox

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amph119

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have a problem logging into AMCAS with firefox 2 on a mac? I click the login button and it just keeps refreshing the page over and over and won't actually give me the user name / password prompt page.

:[

Members don't see this ad.

anyone have a problem logging into AMCAS with firefox 2 on a mac? I click the login button and it just keeps refreshing the page over and over and won't actually give me the user name / password prompt page.

:[
firefox is not one of the programs you can use AMCAS on. It's just internet explorer, netscape, and one or two others. download netscape it's free and easy.

firefox is not one of the programs you can use AMCAS on. It's just internet explorer, netscape, and one or two others. download netscape it's free and easy.

eh I know it isn't but I was able to log in on my school computer. Oh well, guess I might as well. Thanks :]

Members don't see this ad :)
Firefox doesn't work. You will have to download another browser. I used netscape.

I coulda sworn it did on my lab group's computer where I was working on my AMCAS about 15 minutes ago, lol.

No big deal though I just got netscape on my laptop, all good.

I am on a MAC and Firefox is letting me go on AMCAS. Maybe your version of Firefox is too old?

If you turn debugging on in Safari, you can set it to whatever browser you want and it works just fine. I tried following the steps to get the new firefire linked off the AMCAS site and it wasn't working for me...still told me to go get a different browser. Debugging is just easier.

I am on a MAC and Firefox is letting me go on AMCAS. Maybe your version of Firefox is too old?

I use a Mac and Firefox and haven't had any problems either.

The Mac was new in January, so I'm not sure what version of Firefox it is that I'm using...

I don't recall having any problems accessing AMCAS with Firefox when I was applying but I was on Windows. If you are intent on using your Mac to access your AMCAS, then like others have suggested, your best bet might be to make Safari "trick" the website into thinking that you're using IE.

http://www.davidalison.com/2008/05/how-to-let-safari-pretend-its-ie.html

I was fine on my MACs using firefox. I did have to make sure to have the newest version of firefox installed first before it would recognize my browser.

No problem with AMCAS using Firefox.
Firefox version: 2.0.0.14
Mac OS 10.5.3

Firefox works fine for me.