LOI enough? Or I should also include an update letter?

Started by Rooks
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rooks

Medical Student
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a late March interview, for a school that I submitted a secondary for in July. I'm submitting a LOI with a mention of my new service activity, as well as job, but should I write a whole new update letter as well? Or is that annoying/overkill? Thank you.
 
Did you talk about these new activities in your interview?

Regardless, you literally just interviewed. Any further communication, I would keep short and sweet. "I loved my interview, and as I hope came across I believe I would fit in perfectly. This is also the ideal situation for me to advance in my career as a future physician. If offered admission, I would immediately accept, and I decline my other pending admissions and withdraw any pending applications."
 
Did you talk about these new activities in your interview?

Regardless, you literally just interviewed. Any further communication, I would keep short and sweet. "I loved my interview, and as I hope came across I believe I would fit in perfectly. This is also the ideal situation for me to advance in my career as a future physician. If offered admission, I would immediately accept, and I decline my other pending admissions and withdraw any pending applications."
Yeah we talked about it and also if I continued my old activities, which I did
And okayy I will stick with the LOI. I dont want to bombard them haha