Loma Linda 09 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDent08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the Adea guide for the 09 cycle and it says for Loma Linda that the latest DAT for consideration of application is 12/1/2007(pg. 88). Is the date a typo, because most schools have the latest at the end of 2008/early 2009.

If that's true and I'm taking the DAT next month, I shouldn't even apply to LLU right?

Members don't see this ad.

it's probably a typo and if you're not sure, you should call them up. the admissions staff is very friendly.

Theyre probably saying that the oldest scores theyll take are from 12/07 and anything prior to that is not valid

Members don't see this ad :)
That is for 2008 cycle" The latest" not upgrade lol :)

Yeah, 12/1/2007 is almost 6 months ago, man. ;)

loooooooooooool. this one is good, you will laugh if take a look to some schools. thay have not upgraded for couple years. check yourself, for example giving information for 2007 even 2006 cycle!! :laugh:
But some schools are very well upgraded.I suprised to see UCLA doesn't accept Canadian DAT, bad for Canadian applicants. ;)

I have better idea for the op: apply somewhere else. Please, for your own good.

I have attended SDA schools like Loma Linda for quite some time, and let me tell you how they operate:

1. There is NO tolerance or personal freedoms in the world of Seventh Day Adventists (I was suspended for drinking alcohol outside of the an SDA campus, I was not even on school property or close to it, and was tattle-taled on by a student who only received praise for such ignominy by the faculty and I was suspended. This religion of "Christianity" ENCOURAGES church members to be in on your business and spurn you if you do things they don't "approve" of, all under the mask of good Christian people. NOT. If I was the most devout SDA in the universe I would still be ethically and morally against telling on someone just because I saw them smoke a cigarette or drink a beer.
2. 52 000$ per year, and its in a not-so-nice area
3. At my interview, the guy (Dr. Kas-something, forgot his name, and don't care) had NOT read ANY of my application or personal statement, instead asked me about being an Adventist and questions that were already answered on my Aadsa app. ALso asked me why I would even apply to other dental schools since I was an Adventist. (F you, dude)
4. He got a transcript from the SDA school I was currently attending before my interview, and ASSUMED that I had not gone to any other colleges that weren't SDA, (so wasted interview time asking me if I had taken the requirements when they had already received transcripts from 3 other schools) when in fact Loma linda had received ALL my other transcripts
5. I think my major points are said, there are lots of other little things that I wont get into, but after attending SDA college for 5 years I can tell you I am THRILLED that I am fortunate enough to not have to go to Loma Linda. You might not like what I have to say about it, but I've BEEN THERE so to speak, and this is my opinion.

let go of your anger, grasshopper.

loma linda isn't a not-so-nice area. colton, maybe, and san berdoo for sure, but loma linda is just fine.

how old were you were you were tattled on? were you underage? you conveniently left that piece of info out.

Apparently you are SDA, which is supposed to be Christian, but here you are badmouthing the school and accusing them of things. Did you learn anything at your SDA schools?

I have better idea for the op: apply somewhere else. Please, for your own good.

I have attended SDA schools like Loma Linda for quite some time, and let me tell you how they operate:

1. There is NO tolerance or personal freedoms in the world of Seventh Day Adventists (I was suspended for drinking alcohol outside of the an SDA campus, I was not even on school property or close to it, and was tattle-taled on by a student who only received praise for such ignominy by the faculty and I was suspended. This religion of "Christianity" ENCOURAGES church members to be in on your business and spurn you if you do things they don't "approve" of, all under the mask of good Christian people. NOT. If I was the most devout SDA in the universe I would still be ethically and morally against telling on someone just because I saw them smoke a cigarette or drink a beer.
2. 52 000$ per year, and its in a not-so-nice area
3. At my interview, the guy (Dr. Kas-something, forgot his name, and don't care) had NOT read ANY of my application or personal statement, instead asked me about being an Adventist and questions that were already answered on my Aadsa app. ALso asked me why I would even apply to other dental schools since I was an Adventist. (F you, dude)
4. He got a transcript from the SDA school I was currently attending before my interview, and ASSUMED that I had not gone to any other colleges that weren't SDA, (so wasted interview time asking me if I had taken the requirements when they had already received transcripts from 3 other schools) when in fact Loma linda had received ALL my other transcripts
5. I think my major points are said, there are lots of other little things that I wont get into, but after attending SDA college for 5 years I can tell you I am THRILLED that I am fortunate enough to not have to go to Loma Linda. You might not like what I have to say about it, but I've BEEN THERE so to speak, and this is my opinion.

sorry to see you have so much anger toward loma linda, but the undergrad administration runs different system from loma linda. my friend got burst for smoking and the dean just asking if he would like to try smoking cession lesson or aid, no suspension or any punishment as you imaged. I did went to SDA undergrad although i am not SDA (just for scholarship) and i got burst for smoking, nothing happen besides oral warning. i am guessing you did not get accept to loma linda and that was actually a good thing because you do not belong there and you hate been SDA or around the system anyway. so i think you should adopt a new religion and a way of life, live happier. good luck with lsu

That's harsh, don't you think ? I had the same interviewer you did, and thought he was a pretty stand up guy. I was also in the same post interview rejection pile as you - it happens. According to their mission statement, it isn't surprising to see why they would prefer to understand their interviewees as people - it's easier to do this when you haven't been influenced by the numbers game.

I'm not an Seventh Day Adventist, but I had a positive impression walking away from the school. I thought it was great that they had a statue of the Good Samaritan out in the courtyard - it's pretty symbolic of who they are. They know what they want, and they weren't hiding it. Sometimes they can also be a bit blunt in it as well, heh.

To Lemon: loma linda isn't a not-so-nice area. colton, maybe, and san berdoo for sure, but loma linda is just fine. --you are right, Loma Linda itself is a nice town, but most of the kids have to live in colton or the surrounding areas. (catch my drift?)

how old were you were you were tattled on? were you underage? you conveniently left that piece of info out. -I was "of age," as you say, but you are missing the clear point---even if I wasn't, does that justify somebody tattling on me and the school punishing me for a beer 20 miles away from campus? NO. SDAs encourage this kind of behaviour, THAT was the point, not my age. Even if I was 18 I feel it is my prerrogative to do what I want, yes, I should follow rules on campus as agreed before attending, but what if I took an Amsterdam vacation during summer break and put a pic of it on myspace? I could STILL be busted for that. And that is BULL. The same rules apply at Loma Linda.

Apparently you are SDA, which is supposed to be Christian, but here you are badmouthing the school and accusing them of things. Did you learn anything at your SDA schools? --Sure I'm SDA, but that does not stop me from having an opinion on the SDA institutions and the way they operate. I have accused Loma Linda of NOTHING, and my "bad-mouthing" has a solid basis. I have made fact-based statements based on experiences directly from my Loma Linda interview and 5 years in SDA colleges. And if I learned anything at SDA school its how I as a human being should NOT act.

Montserrat: You're right, maybe that was harsh, (I stand by every word of it, nonetheless) maybe the guy is a stand-up guy, but I think anybody would be upset and possibly irate after the interview I had with him, and realizing what a mistake I made attending SDA colleges and even applying to SDA dental school. I just can't believe the **** he said to me and how unprofessional he was. He acted like the typical SDA I don't want to be like, they think they will be the only ones in heaven and they are holier than anyone else. Its disgusting, but not all SDAs fortunately have this school of thought. It re-inforced my disgust with the Adventist school system. The school's mission is noble enough, but ironically, wouldn't you as a "Good Samaritan" decide to let your fellow man enjoy a beer if he wants to ? .....

trust068: Your response is confusing. You re-inforced my "accusations" with a personal experience of your own, you helped me make my point. ? (thanks?) You got busted for smoking and they tried to manipulate your life and make you quit. You stand for this? I don't. I won't comment on your suggestions on my religion or way-of-life, because I did not post this to get in fights, I am only trying to help other SDN-ers by suggesting they apply ANYWHERE else.

THat is, unless you want to pay 52 000$ a year to have someone tell you how to live your life and punish you if you do not acquiese. Take my warning before you apply here, there are PLENTY of other private schools that also cost more money than the quality of education they are worth without all the strings attached. Or if you are a SDA pastor's kid, then you will be accepted FOR SURE, even with a below-3.0 gpa and 17s or lower on your DAT. (also based on FACTS)... . . . . .Most SDAs I know who go to Loma Linda (and I know VERY MANY) are attending there because they could not get in to ANY OTHER SCHOOL. . .interesting. . .take it for what its worth.

To Lemon: loma linda isn't a not-so-nice area. colton, maybe, and san berdoo for sure, but loma linda is just fine. --you are right, Loma Linda itself is a nice town, but most of the kids have to live in colton or the surrounding areas. (catch my drift?)

how old were you were you were tattled on? were you underage? you conveniently left that piece of info out. -I was "of age," as you say, but you are missing the clear point---even if I wasn't, does that justify somebody tattling on me and the school punishing me for a beer 20 miles away from campus? NO. SDAs encourage this kind of behaviour, THAT was the point, not my age. Even if I was 18 I feel it is my prerrogative to do what I want, yes, I should follow rules on campus as agreed before attending, but what if I took an Amsterdam vacation during summer break and put a pic of it on myspace? I could STILL be busted for that. And that is BULL. The same rules apply at Loma Linda.

Apparently you are SDA, which is supposed to be Christian, but here you are badmouthing the school and accusing them of things. Did you learn anything at your SDA schools? --Sure I'm SDA, but that does not stop me from having an opinion on the SDA institutions and the way they operate. I have accused Loma Linda of NOTHING, and my "bad-mouthing" has a solid basis. I have made fact-based statements based on experiences directly from my Loma Linda interview and 5 years in SDA colleges. And if I learned anything at SDA school its how I as a human being should NOT act.

Montserrat: You're right, maybe that was harsh, (I stand by every word of it, nonetheless) maybe the guy is a stand-up guy, but I think anybody would be upset and possibly irate after the interview I had with him, and realizing what a mistake I made attending SDA colleges and even applying to SDA dental school. I just can't believe the **** he said to me and how unprofessional he was. He acted like the typical SDA I don't want to be like, they think they will be the only ones in heaven and they are holier than anyone else. Its disgusting, but not all SDAs fortunately have this school of thought. It re-inforced my disgust with the Adventist school system. The school's mission is noble enough, but ironically, wouldn't you as a "Good Samaritan" decide to let your fellow man enjoy a beer if he wants to ? .....

trust068: Your response is confusing. You re-inforced my "accusations" with a personal experience of your own, you helped me make my point. ? (thanks?) You got busted for smoking and they tried to manipulate your life and make you quit. You stand for this? I don't. I won't comment on your suggestions on my religion or way-of-life, because I did not post this to get in fights, I am only trying to help other SDN-ers by suggesting they apply ANYWHERE else.

THat is, unless you want to pay 52 000$ a year to have someone tell you how to live your life and punish you if you do not acquiese. Take my warning before you apply here, there are PLENTY of other private schools that also cost more money than the quality of education they are worth without all the strings attached. Or if you are a SDA pastor's kid, then you will be accepted FOR SURE, even with a below-3.0 gpa and 17s or lower on your DAT. (also based on FACTS)... . . . . .Most SDAs I know who go to Loma Linda (and I know VERY MANY) are attending there because they could not get in to ANY OTHER SCHOOL. . .interesting. . .take it for what its worth.

i am sorry i must confused from reading your response too. after reading your response, i thought you hated loma linda because your undergrad gave you trouble for been drinking. but upon my experience was that they suggested there is a healthier way of living and they did NOT get you into trouble. yes there are always people who has network can get them into a school (heck i guarantee you every school has the problem, UCLA just got busted a while ago), but it does not mean they are dumb people. for example, LLUSD class of 2009 had National board exam part 1 passing rate at 100%, and i am sure there are some unqualified people as you know at that class. Do you think your class can achieve 100% passing rate too? But honestly, i felt happy for you to you are going to a nice school instead of going to a school that you would hated for 4 years.

and i must confused again with you said you are not "accusing"
for example QUOTE "yes, I should follow rules on campus as agreed before attending, but what if I took an Amsterdam vacation during summer break and put a pic of it on myspace? I could STILL be busted for that. And that is BULL. The same rules apply at Loma Linda."

well if you are referring smoking pot, i would think it will get you trouble from ALL dental schools or even ADA. or you just mean parties and drinking pictures?, then No it is not true. we had staffs and students have pictures of myspace from drinking, parties, and some people even openly announce their homosexuality. i had not hear anyone got in trouble for that. there are few of instructors were drug addict recover and they really dedicated their life in teaching. We also had drug addict recover student in the class would often shared stories with us. They are all really nice people and inspiring.

they do not manipulate your life, they just wanted to suggested there is a healthier way of living. they assumed you are there for that reason, and you will help your patients live healthier too. They see live healthier as "improvement of living quality" and demonstrate of professionalism, and i guess for some people it is not. But i agree if you think that bothers you, you should not apply to loma linda. Also yes that area is not so nice and very boring, unless you are willing drive out to OC or LA. i had some classmates would ditch morning class to OC beach surfing and come to class in the afternoon.

anyway i will end my discussion here as my exams are coming up and i should not messing around. best luck to you all

Last edited: