Loma Linda Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaChVa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing that Loma Linda's secondary app asks for a letter of a recommendation from a religious leader. I was wondering if anyone has received a secondary from them yet and if so, is this really what they ask for?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a secondary from Loma Linda. They require a letter from a religious leader. Here it is:

Three recommendations are required, one from each category below: (members of an applicant's family are excluded)
* Science Instructor or Pre-Professional Committee
* Clergy/Spiritual Leader
* Employer/Professional

Oh that's just great, i wish i did some more research on them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I just turned in my secondary application to them. They have like 7 essay questions and basically 6 questions relate to your faith and morality. Definitely, it does appear you need to have a LOR from a religious leader or pasor. But I have heard in this forum as well that it is not necessary but can be replaced by an employer. Not sure about that though...

I'd stick with a letter from clergy/religious leader just to be safe. :) i sent one in from my priest.

Do you think it has to be from a Christian religious leader...because I'm buddhist :/

It is fine to have ANY spiritual leader do your LOR. Loma Linda does have preference on Seventh Day Adventist, but they ae also willing to accept those who are open minded. LLU is probably looking at how serious you are about faith and your morality.

a quick search will reveal other threads on this very topic. As stated before, if you are not religious, you may substitute the clergy letter with a letter from someone else. Good candidates would be leaders of volunteer activities. Someone who can attest to your character and moral fiber, preferrably.