Loma Linda University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHJ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know if anybody with religion other than Christianity has the chance to get the admission from LLU

Members don't see this ad.

I know plent of dentists who are Buddhists, Jewish, and Muslim that are from LL and are currently practicing. You just need an LOR from any spiritual leader, doesn't have to be Christian.

Side note: they make you attend chapel/church every Wednesdays so be prepared for that!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know plent of dentists who are Buddhists, Jewish, and Muslim that are from LL and are currently practicing. You just need an LOR from any spiritual leader, doesn't have to be Christian.

Side note: they make you attend chapel/church every Wednesdays so be prepared for that!
Do you know the rate of acceptance of LLu? Lowest gpa?lowest DAT?

Do you know the rate of acceptance of LLu? Lowest gpa?lowest DAT?

It's all in the ADEA handbook.

I don't have the numbers off the top of my head but acceptance rate is likely around 10-15%, and reasonably lower end of GPA/DAT is likely 3.3/19AA. But you'll likely need a kickass LOR from a Christian pastor who you've known since you were 6

Anyone know if it's too late submit the spiritual leader LOR after receiving a supplemental?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anyone know if it's too late submit the spiritual leader LOR after receiving a supplemental?

Did you already receive a supplemental? O_O

If you are not SDA I'd make sure you do your research about the school. They enforce their religion and their rules on you no matter what. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily and is kind of understandable since you would be joining their school.

Did you already receive a supplemental? O_O

No haha. But I don't have a spiritual LOR yet and was just going to wait and see if I even get a supplemental.

If you are not SDA I'd make sure you do your research about the school. They enforce their religion and their rules on you no matter what. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily and is kind of understandable since you would be joining their school.

Yeahh I've read about that. Yolo

Just out of curiosity, are there any non-believers/agnostics/atheists that attend? I'd reckon it would be an interesting task to get a LOR for those folks, if they even choose to apply to LLU.

I'm pretty sure there are. Religious institutions love people who aren't their religion. It creates diversity and introduces others to their religion.

The application allows you up to upload 4 LORs, what if you don't have anymore room for a spiritual leader LOR?

The application allows you up to upload 4 LORs, what if you don't have anymore room for a spiritual leader LOR?

Good question. Dedicating that fourth letter to a spiritual leader would be a waste considering no other school requires that.

Edit: I emailed admissions to see if the religious leader can send it directly to the school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Good question. Dedicating that fourth letter to a spiritual leader would be a waste considering no other school requires that.

Edit: I emailed admissions to see if the religious leader can send it directly to the school.

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing that it would be a waste, please let me know what they say!

I called Loma Linda and they said you don't have to worry about the LOR from spiritual leader until the supplemental application. That's when they will ask you for a spiritual leader reference. They said they are working to clarify this on their website!

First priority goes to Seventh Day Adventists applicants, then second priority is for Christian students. That being said, there is a chance, but it is significantly more difficult if you are not.