Loma Linda vs. Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunshineDentist

Reaction score
Please help!!
I am having a difficult time deciding between Loma Linda (LLU) and Touro (TCDM)!
Both are private schools, so are on the expensive side. LLU's tuition is higher, but Touro's cost of living is higher. I am from the midwest, so both are relatively far for me.
Please let me know any thoughts or insight you may have.
THANK YOU!

Members don't see this ad.

Just my opinion, Touro is still really new, and I personally would go for a more established program like Loma Linda. I feel like it has a more proven track record of producing dentists. That, and the area was beautiful when I visited for my interview.

Reactions: 1 user
In my opinion Loma Linda is a well-established school and have a really friendly atmosphere since most of the people there are more likely to be more like-minded due to their shared values. A lot of the negatives seem to be centered around it being religious, but honestly it's not as bad as many make it out to be. Yes, you sign something saying you can't do this and that but before you take it to heart go talk to the students there, go visit the campus. You can drink caffeine and meat, it's just not served on campus. Apparently, there was some kind of problem with graduating on time many years back but you can just ask the dental students there now. People who talk bad about the school propbably did not get in and did not do their research and throw out false information on SDN. They do seem to favor SDA students because of their values, but in the end they are looking to make sure you are a good fit, since dental school is where you will be making life-long friends. I am not a SDA but belive in many of their values and lifestyle and if all goes well I will attend LLUSD this Fall. I do not have much knowledge about other dental school aside from the ones in California and Arizona, so I can't help you with Touro.
One more downside... LLUSD is a bit costly since it's private :(

End of the day enjoy what you do and keep moving forward with your decision. (I checked your messages after typing all of this and saw that you already made your choice but will leave this up for others)

Reactions: 1 user