Loma Linda vs. UOP vs. USC.. Which One??

Started by Mell_600
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mell_600

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I have been accepted to Loma Linda, UOP and USC pharmacy schools class of 2020.
I would like to know your opinions. Which school would you choose and why?

My question is more regarding opinions on the school's curriculum, atmosphere, networking, job opportunities after graduation, flexibility, ... Also any aspects you find specific to the school.

Thanks,
 
Last edited:
It's hard to say for sure, but based on personal experience with students, in terms of competency and skills, I would favor USC over Loma Linda on the whole. That's not to say Loma Linda does not produce competent students - on the contrary, I have met some who are quite competent. It's really what you make of your education. Every school will have its students who excel and those who do not take away as much. Historically, USC has had very good rotation sites (Cedars Sinai, Huntington Memorial, Childrens' Hospital, Kaisers all over Southern California) UOP does have the advantage of getting you out in 3 years, saving you time and money. Life is short and 1 year is a lot of time. I personally hold the value of education very high, not just for purposes of career advancement, but for personal growth, so I wasn't particularly compelled to go for a 3 year program. Plus, UOP is in Stockton...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's hard to say for sure, but based on personal experience with students, in terms of competency and skills, I would favor USC over Loma Linda on the whole. That's not to say Loma Linda does not produce competent students - on the contrary, I have met some who are quite competent. It's really what you make of your education. Every school will have its students who excel and those who do not take away as much. Historically, USC has had very good rotation sites (Cedars Sinai, Huntington Memorial, Childrens' Hospital, Kaisers all over Southern California) UOP does have the advantage of getting you out in 3 years, saving you time and money. Life is short and 1 year is a lot of time. I personally hold the value of education very high, not just for purposes of career advancement, but for personal growth, so I wasn't particularly compelled to go for a 3 year program. Plus, UOP is in Stockton...
great response,
Thank you
 
I will choose USC. Good repetition, ranking, future career connection, diversity in their curriculum. The only downside is tuition.