Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Johnson22

johnsons22
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Loma Linda have a secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it extensive?

Do you guys know if Loma Linda accept students who's not a Catholic? If so, what's the chance of getting in if you are not Catholic?

LL is not a catholic institution. Their preference would be Seventh Day Adventist applicants. For their secondary, one of the requirements is to obtain a LOR from a religious leader.. so religion is important to them. At my interview last year, I was asked many questions regarding my religious beliefs. BTW, I'm not SDA.

so once you apply to loma linda, how long after they have your materials do they contact you for a secondary, if they do at all? also when do they start interviewing? :confused:

Hello:

How soon after the school has received your complete aadsas application will a secondary be forwarded? How extensive is the secondary? When does LLU generally begin the interview process??

Thanx!

lake04

I am a Christian myself, but do they perfer Baptist too? or just solely SDA?

How many students do they actually admit each yr? Is it known to be a hard to school get in other than the reason that you need to be religious?

What then! how do you get a religous LOR????

interesting????

hockeydentist said:
What then! how do you get a religous LOR????

interesting????

yeah, I am wondering how non-religious applicants actually get a religious LOR?

Do they want to just weed out non-religious applicants? I guess if it's a private school it's legal...

Smooth Operater said:
I am a Christian myself, but do they perfer Baptist too? or just solely SDA?

How many students do they actually admit each yr? Is it known to be a hard to school get in other than the reason that you need to be religious?

They are owned and operated by the Seventh-Day Adventist church and one of their goals is to educate and produce Adventist health professionals. That is why there is such a high number of SDA students there. No, they don't have preferences amongst other demoninations - what they are interested in is a religious candidate that shares their ideals and values (they don't have to subscribe to their doctrine). Their averages for 2002 were 3.44 gpa, 18.53 AA, 18.29 PAT. With that said, it probably is a bit competitive, especially if your are not SDA or graduated from one of their colleges.