London Medical schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoredawg17

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still a few years away from med school but i was wondering what schools there are in London that are recognized by the USA. Ive always wanted to live there and would love to go there for med school. If anyone has any stats on some schools and how they comapre with the caribanean schools. Also, what are there GPA and MCAT requirements and other things. Thankx for the help..

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still a few years away from med school but i was wondering what schools there are in London that are recognized by the USA. Ive always wanted to live there and would love to go there for med school. If anyone has any stats on some schools and how they comapre with the caribanean schools. Also, what are there GPA and MCAT requirements and other things. Thankx for the help..

IT might be a good idea if you do some research first. Do a medical school search and search this forum for similar posts.

For example, I believe the University of London has a medical school...actually, there are numerous med. schools in England. As mentioned by many students here on this forum, British Medical Schools are highly regarded by the U.S.
Like I said, the best idea would be to do a general search on medical schools in England, and then search this forum. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
The med schools in London are well respected.Like med schools in any foreign coutry their graduates are eligible for residency in the US if they pass the USMLE.They are highly competitive for admission,and accept few outside the UK,EU or third world countries.They are not generally considered an alternative to US med schools for these reasons.The British med schools have their own set of specific entrance exams and the programs are longer than the US I think 5 years.

theres lots of UK medschools....but once youve finished the MBBs program there (5or6 yrs) u have to do the USMLE to be able to work in america.

Just to clarify, the University of London has more than one medical school...each one is associated with a particular college under U of London, such as UCL, Imperial, King's, etc. They each have different curricula and admissions processes.