Long Island University Post PsyD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsyD1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was recently offered an interview for the PsyD program at LIU. After reading previous posts about the program (My insane program (LIU Post) has decided to enroll a class of 43 people next year) I was wondering if anyone in the 2022 cohort or committed for 23 cohort had any thoughts about the program, the faculty turnover, or possible loss of accreditation.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The FSPP faculty is basically the same faculty as the faculty of the now-defunct FSPP at Argosy Tampa. They just moved to National Louis University. There also have been discrepancies noted between internship match rate data reported on their website and match rate data reported through APPIC. I would strongly discourage this program for those reasons as well as a multitude of others, including a lack of emphasis on evidence based practice. I mean it’s a notorious diploma mill; not sure what else to say?

Reactions: 1 user
Decision deadlines for doctoral programs are typically April 15th. Any program that is offering admission or interviews now for their Fall 2023 class is likely doing so as they are desperate to get that tuition check from anyone who hasn’t declined them yet. I would hold off, improve your application, and apply next cycle to programs that won’t charge you an arm, a leg, and your first born for a mediocre education.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Decision deadlines for doctoral programs are typically April 15th. Any program that is offering admission or interviews now for their Fall 2023 class is likely doing so as they are desperate to get that tuition check from anyone who hasn’t declined them yet. I would hold off, improve your application, and apply next cycle to programs that won’t charge you an arm, a leg, and your first born for a mediocre education.
Agreed. I was confused by the June interview offer.

Hi, thank you for your response. Could you tell me where you saw the discrepancy with the APA match rate that is shown on FSPP's website and through APPIC. When I looked through this link (https://www.appic.org/Portals/0/downloads/APPIC_Match_Rates_2011-2019_by_UniversityV2.pdf) it matched up
The FSPP faculty is basically the same faculty as the faculty of the now-defunct FSPP at Argosy Tampa. They just moved to National Louis University. There also have been discrepancies noted between internship match rate data reported on their website and match rate data reported through APPIC. I would strongly discourage this program for those reasons as well as a multitude of others, including a lack of emphasis on evidence based practice. I mean it’s a notorious diploma mill; not sure what else to say?