Long term acute care resume affect

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clarkbar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The purpose of the question is to ascertain the perception of potential employers, right or wrong, in their analysis of ltac work as inpatient experience as valuable or not in the context of seeking work in a comprehensive hospital.
what experiences have members on this board had? I appreciate the serious advice!

Members don't see this ad.

The purpose of the question is to ascertain the perception of potential employers, right or wrong, in their analysis of ltac work as inpatient experience as valuable or not in the context of seeking work in a comprehensive hospital.
what experiences have members on this board had? I appreciate the serious advice!

Wow that was deep.... In laymen’s terms - you are curious to know if long term care consulting is relevant job history that would roll over to a hospital setting?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Wow that was deep.... In laymen’s terms - you are curious to know if long term care consulting is relevant job history that would roll over to a hospital setting?

OP didn't use the word consulting. Maybe they do consult, maybe they're FTE inpatient LTAC.

And it depends on what your LTAC specializes in... do you have an ICU, specializing in ventilator weaning? Do you monitor vanc/aminoglycosides/TPN? That would translate a lot better to acute care settings/STAC hospitals. Really just depends on how well you can sell yourself in an interview, mentioning clinical skills, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP didn't use the word consulting. Maybe they do consult, maybe they're FTE inpatient LTAC.

And it depends on what your LTAC specializes in... do you have an ICU, specializing in ventilator weaning? Do you monitor vanc/aminoglycosides/TPN? That would translate a lot better to acute care settings/STAC hospitals. Really just depends on how well you can sell yourself in an interview, mentioning clinical skills, etc.

True - op did not say anything about any of the points you mentioned either.... you kinda did the same thing I did..

Which is why I was clarifying before answering.

True - op did not say anything about any of the points you mentioned either.... you kinda did the same thing I did..

Which is why I was clarifying before answering.

Is that your reaction when you get constructive criticism at work? You try to be demeaning and turn it around onto others? "Wow that was deep.."

Reactions: 1 user
Is that your reaction when you get constructive criticism at work? You try to be demeaning and turn it around onto others? "Wow that was deep.."

You seemed annoyed at the question I asked, then you asked the same type of question as I did is all I’m saying. When your at work do you act like the man but have a hard time actually getting that respect?

I said “it was deep” because I actually had to exercise my skills of reading comprehension for the question itself: it was a innocent attempt at humor. If you wanna bust in and act like you can dominate the situation and tell me to go sit at the kids table, that’s your prerogative... Your the man now dawg.

And let me answer the ops question simply: Op, do you personally know anyone at this location that would look at your resume and consider your history clinically applicable? It’s all about who you know and how they want to perceive you. Now that’s deep...

Last edited:

Just a staffing ltac with an icu and telemetry. What is the perception of such a job? Is it frowned upon by comprehensive hospitals or considered similar

Just a staffing ltac with an icu and telemetry. What is the perception of such a job? Is it frowned upon by comprehensive hospitals or considered similar

It won't be considered "similar", but if you can play up your clinical duties and high acuity job responsibilities, you should be able to land an acute hospital job fairly easily. Anyone would hire you over a retail worker or someone with zero hospital experience. Definitely not frowned upon... just make sure they don't think your at a nursing home/SNF. Play up the clinical skills, like I said.

It won't be considered "similar", but if you can play up your clinical duties and high acuity job responsibilities, you should be able to land an acute hospital job fairly easily. Anyone would hire you over a retail worker or someone with zero hospital experience. Definitely not frowned upon... just make sure they don't think your at a nursing home/SNF. Play up the clinical skills, like I said.

this is what I assumed but was recently the recipient of a comment that ltac was like ltc by a pharmacy director.
Is rehab hospital considered worse tha ltac or equivalent?

What about psychiatric hospitals

from the eyes of manager - it is above retail and below general hospital. Probably a candidate for an operations type job