-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Look at all these Pharmacy Jobs!
Started by ItsOverZyvox
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
...lol.
I'm probably going to get an MBA.
Actually, I have a new goal. I want to be the Director at Priapism321's hospital some day just so I can be his boss and make him work nights one week. Then quit the week after.
I'm probably going to get an MBA.
Actually, I have a new goal. I want to be the Director at Priapism321's hospital some day just so I can be his boss and make him work nights one week. Then quit the week after.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's been fun posting gloom and doom and seeing panic stricken pharmacy students here...

Speaking of MBAs...in the pharmacy world, Z, do you see much of a distinction being made between people with AACSB accredited MBAs and those with run-of-the-mill regionally accredited MBAs?
The cheapest legit school that offers an AACSB-accredited online degree is Western Kentucky U at a tad over $12,000...the cheapest legit regional degree is at Chadron State for about $7000...
But that cheap for a legit degree...nice deal...I'd prolly spring for the AACSB degree...$5000 and a school people have actually heard of....
The cheapest legit school that offers an AACSB-accredited online degree is Western Kentucky U at a tad over $12,000...the cheapest legit regional degree is at Chadron State for about $7000...
But that cheap for a legit degree...nice deal...I'd prolly spring for the AACSB degree...$5000 and a school people have actually heard of....
Speaking of MBAs...in the pharmacy world, Z, do you see much of a distinction being made between people with AACSB accredited MBAs and those with run-of-the-mill regionally accredited MBAs?
The cheapest legit school that offers an AACSB-accredited online degree is Western Kentucky U at a tad over $12,000...the cheapest legit regional degree is at Chadron State for about $7000...
But that cheap for a legit degree...nice deal...I'd prolly spring for the AACSB degree...$5000 and a school people have actually heard of....
Academic settings and larger university hospitals usually look for credentials from "name" schools. We have a load of PharmD-MBAs work for us and where they got the MBA was never a question. As long as it's not the University of Phoenix, I think you'll be ok.
We need some of Generation X to step up to these DOP jobs ahem.
Yes, but who wants to live in TX?
Whoever that wants a small government with a budget surplus with no state income tax.
hth
We need some of Generation X to step up to these DOP jobs ahem.
As long as they're qualify to do the job.
As long as they're qualify to do the job.
Yeah, that's the problem. The great leaders of pharmacy are retiring and we need the current generation to step it up.
Yeah, that's the problem. The great leaders of pharmacy are retiring and we need the current generation to step it up.
hmmm..I wouldn't quite call them "the great leaders" but you're definitely right that there is a huge gap right now and our industry is thirsty for qualified pharmacy leaders. Something that's not taught at pharmacy school and rarely from residencies..
Gasp...we may have to look to military folks.. 😱
Whoever that wants a small government with a budget surplus with no state income tax.
hth
Yeah TX is looking good right now, at least until CA can undergo another tax revolution ala howard jarvis and slash all these damn entitlements.
You guys have good mexican food, right? Oh, and I don't want to be the only pacific islander person in the room. That's all I need. I've gotten way too many weird looks from the black people of north philly, you would have thought I had a hula skirt and coconut bra on.
yeah report back
sooo...
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSee...&APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JBF1YT6J74P4F10T659
Is this in Dallas, or northern California? 😕
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSee...&APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JBF1YT6J74P4F10T659
Is this in Dallas, or northern California? 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sooo...
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSee...&APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JBF1YT6J74P4F10T659
Is this in Dallas, or northern California? 😕
It's Dallas and I think the Kaiser ad got added by an accident.
Yeah TX is looking good right now, at least until CA can undergo another tax revolution ala howard jarvis and slash all these damn entitlements.
You guys have good mexican food, right? Oh, and I don't want to be the only pacific islander person in the room. That's all I need. I've gotten way too many weird looks from the black people of north philly, you would have thought I had a hula skirt and coconut bra on.
yeah report back
dude... we got like the largest Tongan nation in one of the suburbs here in Dallas...their HS is famous for this.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtKMEVRyySs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Something that's not taught at pharmacy school and rarely from residencies..:
Being as though pharmacy schools admit people that are typically good at jumping through hoops blindly...what do you expect?
Being as though pharmacy schools admit people that are typically good at jumping through hoops blindly...what do you expect?
yeah...but every class will produce one or two leaders...
yeah...but every class will produce one or two leaders...
Like me.
yeah...but every class will produce one or two leaders...
Shucks...there are already 2 leaders from my class...guess I'm out then?
Speaking of MBAs...in the pharmacy world, Z, do you see much of a distinction being made between people with AACSB accredited MBAs and those with run-of-the-mill regionally accredited MBAs?
The cheapest legit school that offers an AACSB-accredited online degree is Western Kentucky U at a tad over $12,000...the cheapest legit regional degree is at Chadron State for about $7000...
But that cheap for a legit degree...nice deal...I'd prolly spring for the AACSB degree...$5000 and a school people have actually heard of....
Shoulda done it while in pharmacy school, its free! Actually its better than free, my 4th year i'll be paying a grad school tuition which is less than rx tuition.
dude... we got like the largest Tongan nation in one of the suburbs here in Dallas...their HS is famous for this.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtKMEVRyySs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Hmm, I'll keep TX on my radar.
I think I'm to much of an ass to be a leader, I'll just end up pissing people off.
Shucks...there are already 2 leaders from my class...guess I'm out then?
Unless you go beat up one of the two...
when did you get so cocky like me?
Dude, I'm a Capricorn. I'm a natural born leader.
Unless you go beat up one of the two...
Fantastic. I can definitely take one of them...
Look on indeed.com. That's where its at...
Yeah...but you just excluded all jobs that pay $89,999.99 and less..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah...but you just excluded all jobs that pay $89,999.99 and less..
That's what the default was for some reason, I dunno.
Shoulda done it while in pharmacy school, its free! Actually its better than free, my 4th year i'll be paying a grad school tuition which is less than rx tuition.
VCU... are you in pharmacy school?
Are you considered a grad student?
I am a junior (P1). I am paying grad fees.. No more pell grants.
Came to my email today...
I got a call from a recruiter today. How the hell did they get my cell phone number? How the hell do they know I work in W. PA.?
I got a call from a recruiter today. How the hell did they get my cell phone number? How the hell do they know I work in W. PA.?
I told them.
yeah uhm... i make more than most DOPs.
yeah uhm... i make more than most DOPs.
yeah...but you don't have good looking nurses flirting with you all day long...or get to sit down on a nice plush chair all day long.. 😛
yeah...but you don't have good looking nurses flirting with you all day long...or get to sit down on a nice plush chair all day long.. 😛
yeah but half the time they're probably just buttering you up so they dont feel so bad hassling you all the time with requests and complaints. at my job, i dont let flirting substitute for rational professional behavior. ie: flirting is nice, but it doesnt mean im going to put up with any additional nonsense
Came to my email today...
If Texas is so nice why u always on the PC?😀
If Texas is so nice why u always on the PC?😀
I work from home you foo.
Another soliciting email.
Pharmacy Management Consultant
Pharmacy Operations & Medication Management
Leading National GPO
Serving Non Profit Health Systems Nationally
Home Based & Travel Driven Position
Generous Salary Base
15% or more Bonus Eligible
Due to program growth, we are searching for dynamic & highly experienced Pharmacy Leaders & Director of Pharmacy to serve in a unique consultative role to a network of progressive hospitals and health system clients located throughout the country.
Our client, the nation's leading GPO, is dedicated to the success of not-for-profit, community-based health care. To help their members meet the needs of their communities, their mission is to improve members' clinical and economic performance. They deliver on their mission by providing industry-leading supply chain management services and facilitating the development of member networks to drive sustainable results.
In addition to having broad directorship knowledge, strengths and experiences, the ideal candidate will need to be able to function effectively in a consultative liaison - driven role. Candidates will need to display excellent communication & relationship building skills; superior project management, analytical and team building skills; excellent financial management, planning and budgeting skills and a superior ability to present to medical and senior executive audiences in a clear, professional, concise fashion.
Joining forces with members of a dynamic consulting team, the overall objective of the work is to help position the pharmacy program to provide optimal value to the client's organization.
Primary responsibilities will include conducting well-researched and practical assessments of pharmacy and medication management programs in member hospitals; Utilizing best demonstrated practices, pharmaceutical care standards and benchmark comparisons to develop strategic operating plans that will position the pharmacy program for optimal value and service excellence; Preparing well written, comprehensive Report of Findings and Recommendations at the conclusion of projects; Preparing and delivering clear, concise, formal presentations to senior hospital executives that effectively summarize key findings and recommendations provided in the written assessment report; Provide post-assessment implementation support as needed to achieve identified performance improvement opportunities; During member engagements, work effectively with a diverse cross section of hospital executives, clinicians and staff to achieve desired results. This will often include corporate officers and physician thought leaders in member organizations as well as pharmacy, nursing, IT and performance improvement professionals; Communicate and collaborate with company regional office staff as required to coordinate member engagements and define member needs and expectations; Develop written proposals and participate in member conference calls as needed to clearly define engagement deliverables and expectations; Manage project resources within budgeted timelines and expense targets.
In addition to an advanced degree (Masters level in Pharmacy and/or Business Management), requirements for this position include five years or more of progressive pharmacy management experience in a medium to large healthcare system setting. Residency training (especially in hospital pharmacy administration) is highly preferred. Special preference will be given to candidates with prior GPO or Pharmacy Management Group work experience, or to candidates who currently interact with GPOs on a significant basis.
The position boasts a very competitive compensation & benefits package that is designed to attract and reward professionals who help the company fulfill its mission of delivering services to institutional clients that result in reduced costs and improved quality of care.
You have dedicated your career to making a difference in patient's lives. We are committed to helping you find a place to make that difference. Please let us know if you or someone you know is interested in learning more about this or other uniquely challenging and rewarding positions. All fees are paid by the employer and inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Employers, let us help you build a cohesive quality driven team. We take pride in helping our clients build clinical teams that are cohesive and quality driven. With access to the finest professionals on a local, regional or national basis, our methods are designed to quickly present you with quality professionals who have the talent, training and qualifications that are required to deliver quality care on a cost effective basis. We only get paid if we are successful in your behalf, and we offer outstanding replacement & refund guarantees. Our clients and candidates are more than willing to vouch for our professionalism, effectiveness and results. Please let us know if we can help you with any of your clinical hiring need.
We hope to hear from you soon.
Glenwood Group, Inc.
(888) 398-9437
(888) 702-3001 fax
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K