Looking back at verbal questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

miringains

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you guys do your FL's and on the real thing, do you guys ever check over your answers? I always finish a passage and feel sketchy about a few and get the urge to look them over... I don't know if I should, or just leave it and move on to the next passage and check it when I'm all done.

What do you guys do?
 
I'm different. I would always look at the answers to the passages immediately after I answered them without going on to the next passage. I did not want to spend much time thinking the wrong answer was correct. That said, I did have some timing issues when I took the real thing partly because of this habit.

do you even lift u neckbeard?
 
When you guys do your FL's and on the real thing, do you guys ever check over your answers? I always finish a passage and feel sketchy about a few and get the urge to look them over... I don't know if I should, or just leave it and move on to the next passage and check it when I'm all done.

What do you guys do?

Leave it until you are done; control that urge. You don't have true power, unless you have power over yourself. Really, there is no need to be upset.
 
Definitely don't go over them until after. You need to get used to those doubts and feelings of uncertainty about your performance on the real test, and learn how to ignore them and push forward. It's not uncommon for people to fall into that trap on the test and get their morale obliterated by a single bad passage or two, which is then quickly followed by bad performance on the rest of the test.